XIM Community

Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone  (Read 15936 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone
« Reply #15 on: 01:06 PM - 12/14/16 »
Thank you Mist for your input. Speaking of deadzones. For Titanfall 2, there are 2 deadzones in the settings. Movement Deadzone is set to small. The other deadzone is just called the "deadzone" . Do i set it to off or small?  The instructions for ST ask to set deadzone to small. But which deadzone? Thank you very much.

Use the one named deadzone. Settings listed here.

http://xim4.com/settings

Thanks for taking a look mist.

I booted up last night and played for a few hours.  I must say, I didn't notice a single difference.

Thanks, I haven't looked at it yet. I'll check if anything has changed and if there are any benefits to adjusting the deadzone knob.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline sieferswe82

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sieferswe
« Reply #16 on: 01:12 PM - 12/14/16 »
Looking forward to the updated ST. Game feels pretty much the same I think but had some terrible games on the new map lol.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05:55 PM - 12/14/16 »
Thank  you for response Mist. That link does not say anything about Movement Deadzone and just Deadzone. There are 2 separate Deadzones in Titanfall 2. I set Deadzone to none and Movement Deadzone to small. I have no idea if this is correct.

Last night I played scout in BF 1 for the second evening. I am a terrible sniper. All I wanted to do, was to rank up my sniper to get a hatchet. I used Gewehr 95 infantry and SMLE MK3 infantry. Both scopes at 1.25 zoom. Before the update I did much better, after the update I did horribly. Please note, I have not sniped in over 10 years until last 2 evenings. So, i don't know why I did much worse on the second evening. Is it because of changed look mechanic or because i am a terrible sniper and had an even worse evening. I am a great Rambo though. I run and gun non- stop and 90% of the time I ADS on enemy.
I just did 7 rounds of team deathmatch. I used my MP 18 Optical and Hellriegel. Scopes same at 1.25 zoom. I came first  in every of those 7 matches by a huge margin. I do not see any difference before and after the patch when it comes to Assault class. I can only speak for Assault class. So, no difference whatsoever in aim mechanic for me.  I read the patch notes. Here are some quotes from patch notes.
"We now require the player to be actively giving aim input in order to get aim assistance."
"We have not made any adjustments to the snap-to-target feature of our Aim Assist."
"We’ve also exposed additional control options on console, including the ability to tweak the central dead zone."

Seems to me it is similar update when it comes to look mechanic as for Titanfall 2. Developers opened up advanced options. The default value of 22 of Dead Zone is most likely the same value that was always there. It was invisible, since this advanced option was not available. This is my pure speculation though.
I will wait for input from Mist to clarify it. Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: 06:05 PM - 12/14/16 by noregretd »

Offline canofan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:08 PM - 12/14/16 »
I kinda feel the same way. I typically snipe and I feel that the small fine movements went scoped in, isn't as smooth as it was. Sorry for asking but is this a current problem and is there an update that will come?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:34 PM - 12/14/16 »
Latest support is 'stick deadzone': 22 (default) for both platforms.
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - 12/24/16 by mist4fun »

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:27 PM - 12/14/16 »
it feels mildly different to me. ads feels inconsistent now.  as always.  mist on the case. appreciate  it

Offline KraftyMattKraft

• View Profile
    • Married And Always Nagged Clan
  • PSN ID: Matt_K
« Reply #21 on: 08:11 AM - 12/15/16 »
Adjusting to 18 feels less "floaty" on the PS4, but there is still massive amounts of under aim and over aim during quick swipes and slow turns.

Offline lh82p

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: lh82p
  • PSN ID: lh82p
« Reply #22 on: 08:16 AM - 12/15/16 »
I guess Mist will do an update of the ST and everbody are happy :)
XIM-APEX
XIM4
XIM-Edge
XIM3
DualShock 4 adaptermod (WIP)
PS4 Pro
PS3 FAT R.I.P.
PS3 slim
Logitech G903
Logitech K360 Keyboard
Predator XB271HU

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #23 on: 08:26 AM - 12/15/16 »
The over aiming and under aiming is really grinding on me... the fine movements when aiming down sights is terrible now, ya can't aim with max precision anymore because it floats over where you're intending.. it was perfect before... now I am not enjoying playing so much, getting frustrated in games due to this.

It's not so bad with Assault weapons as you can fire off more bullets which compensates your missed shots, but my medic guns (Mondragon Storm) & Sniping, every bullet counts and when I'm trying to move the ADS slightly to the left to land my shots, it's moving it way too far than I am telling it to. I tried adjusting DZ up and down and it only makes it worse for me, either over aims even more the closer to 0% I put it or under aims the higher to 100% I put it.

A new ST or fix can't come soon enough for me, may give the game a rest until then.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:19 AM - 12/15/16 »
Taktikz, What platform?
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - 12/24/16 by mist4fun »

Offline ItsMeDude

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:41 AM - 12/15/16 »
I never know if it's me or the game but it did feel different after the patch. However, changing to 18 has made it feel really good again it did have that floaty feel at 22 people talk about.

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:04 AM - 12/15/16 »
@mist based off of what you know of battlefield titles do you speculate that them unlocking the deadzone option will allow you to make a translator with lower or 0 deadzone or do you think it will likely remain the same? tia

Offline lh82p

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: lh82p
  • PSN ID: lh82p
« Reply #27 on: 11:16 AM - 12/15/16 »
Some games benefit from not using the lowest deadzone setting. Every look mechanic is different, not all deadzone knobs do the same thing. Some games use the same type of movement wherever the deadzone begins. The deadzone can be lowered and the look mechanic expanded, this is ideal but not always the case. Other games remove micro movement when you lower the deadzone which results in a faster starting speed with less granular movement. Retaining this movement is reason for using deadzone settings that are not zero.

Edit: training begins today

He gave already an explanation. Hope was this point which you want to know.
XIM-APEX
XIM4
XIM-Edge
XIM3
DualShock 4 adaptermod (WIP)
PS4 Pro
PS3 FAT R.I.P.
PS3 slim
Logitech G903
Logitech K360 Keyboard
Predator XB271HU

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:23 AM - 12/15/16 »
Some games benefit from not using the lowest deadzone setting. Every look mechanic is different, not all deadzone knobs do the same thing. Some games use the same type of movement wherever the deadzone begins. The deadzone can be lowered and the look mechanic expanded, this is ideal but not always the case. Other games remove micro movement when you lower the deadzone which results in a faster starting speed with less granular movement. Retaining this movement is reason for using deadzone settings that are not zero.

Edit: training begins today

He gave already an explanation. Hope was this point which you want to know.

That explanation was a general explanation as to how exactly ST's interact with deadzones which did answer my previous question.  However, now I'm asking if mist knows how this will affect bf1 (if at all).

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #29 on: 12:41 PM - 12/15/16 »
Taktikz, What platform? Did you try 18?

PS4 bud, yes i tried 18 which makes the aim assist less sticky, helped in that respect but still it feels too unprecise when tracking across screen, feels too loose, I just spent an hour sniping n now I cannot hit a barn door. My accuracy with snipers was 45% before the DZ was added, now I am struggling to hit static targets let alone moving ones.

I just had to turn the game off for the first time ever due to frustration. Before if someone was sprinting across my screen I'd usually be able to take them out with 3-4 bullets with the mondragon storm as my aim was smooth n precise, now I use 5, 6, 7, 8 bullets due to overaim. Its a nightmare.

Admin