XIM Community

Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone  (Read 15929 times)

Offline lh82p

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: lh82p
  • PSN ID: lh82p
Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone
« on: 08:07 AM - 12/13/16 »
With the new patch DICE have made changes on the aimassist. Therefore it is possible to set a deadzone.

What kind of deadzone in % is now recommented for the bf1 translator. Or can we expect a update for the translator?

regards
lh82p
XIM-APEX
XIM4
XIM-Edge
XIM3
DualShock 4 adaptermod (WIP)
PS4 Pro
PS3 FAT R.I.P.
PS3 slim
Logitech G903
Logitech K360 Keyboard
Predator XB271HU

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone
« Reply #1 on: 08:52 AM - 12/13/16 »
yeah to the division you now can customize it, there might be a value with which BF works even better with xim
default is 22 ingame
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Urzsite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:09 AM - 12/13/16 »
Default "22" feels very floaty to me. Touching the deadzone, seems to struggle with curves/ST.

Really hoping for a super responsive 1:1 experience.

Offline DoZZa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:45 PM - 12/13/16 »
What ever they have done, its ruined the game for me, totally unplayable, Aim Assist is now more like super sticky aim! Have to move the mouse almost half way across the mouse mat to break free from the aim assist!

We need to find a way to defeat this aim assist. Whether that be via an updated ST or a curve of some description.

And yes, I have turned it off in the Controls settings, but for reasons beyond me, turning it off makes no difference at all. Aim assist still seems to work even though it disabled. Anyone else experiencing that?

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:25 PM - 12/13/16 »
What ever they have done, its ruined the game for me, totally unplayable, Aim Assist is now more like super sticky aim! Have to move the mouse almost half way across the mouse mat to break free from the aim assist!

We need to find a way to defeat this aim assist. Whether that be via an updated ST or a curve of some description.

And yes, I have turned it off in the Controls settings, but for reasons beyond me, turning it off makes no difference at all. Aim assist still seems to work even though it disabled. Anyone else experiencing that?
Thank goodness I am not a sniper. I hope you find your fix soon. If you are not a sniper then that means I am in trouble when I get home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:28 PM - 12/13/16 »
Thanks for the report. I can look at this after DR4/ARK.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Urzsite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:41 AM - 12/14/16 »

Great, hopefully you can make it even more fluid/responsive with the deadzone setting,

Really hoping you can have it ready for the weekend  ;D

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #7 on: 03:49 AM - 12/14/16 »
Same problem as OP here...

I noticed it straight away, it does feel floaty, it over aims, I tried tweaking the DZ up and down and turning it up makes it unresponsive to the point you have to drag your mouse then you over drag and in turn, over aim, or if you put it less than 22% then it feels way too floaty and you can't land precision shots... Over aims again. Almost like it's moving across the screen more than you are intending it to.

I also tried tweaking XIM sensitivity and trying it with curves on and off, nothing worked.

I do think ST will need to be redone. The aim assist is so sticky now, although, try RML's ADS curve and it is not too bad at medium/long range but at close range it's a nightmare, when 3/4 enemies are in front of you at close range it just sticks so hard you can't move your cross hair.

I am now missing so many shots due to the DZ change.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #8 on: 04:18 AM - 12/14/16 »

If you update the translator, set the deadzone to the minimum.

Offline notlimah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:06 AM - 12/14/16 »
TBH I just got done playing and it feels exactly the same as it did before. I wonder why for some it feels so off and other it doesn't? High sens vs low sens players? Aim assist on/off?

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:57 AM - 12/14/16 »

If you update the translator, set the deadzone to the minimum.

I ignorantly agree with this statement. 

@mist, Can you tl;dr me an explanation as to why games are trained with deadzones not being at the lowest settings?  Is it because you suspect some peoples controllers that are plugged in to their xim might drift orrrrrr ?????  Always wondered.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:25 AM - 12/14/16 »
Some games benefit from not using the lowest deadzone setting. Every look mechanic is different, not all deadzone knobs do the same thing. Some games use the same type of movement wherever the deadzone begins. The deadzone can be lowered and the look mechanic expanded, this is ideal but not always the case. Other games remove micro movement when you lower the deadzone which results in a faster starting speed with less granular movement. Retaining this movement is reason for using deadzone settings that are not zero.

Edit: training begins today
« Last Edit: 11:04 AM - 12/14/16 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:49 AM - 12/14/16 »
:) must comes to save the day as always hardworking bastard

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:04 PM - 12/14/16 »
Thank you Mist for your input. Speaking of deadzones. For Titanfall 2, there are 2 deadzones in the settings. Movement Deadzone is set to small. The other deadzone is just called the "deadzone" . Do i set it to off or small?  The instructions for ST ask to set deadzone to small. But which deadzone? Thank you very much.

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:52 PM - 12/14/16 »
Thanks for taking a look mist.

I booted up last night and played for a few hours.  I must say, I didn't notice a single difference.

Admin