XIM Community

XIM 2 Initial Batch Ordered! *BETA TESTERS ONLY*  (Read 44994 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: XIM 2 Initial Batch Ordered! *BETA TESTERS ONLY*
« Reply #210 on: 03:22 PM - 08/11/08 »
I'm really excited about this product, I have been using the Mad Catz Panther XL Joystick/Trackball since Quake QTest.  I have been taking the Panther XL joysticks and removing the Joystick port electronics and replacing with custom USB boards for quite a few years.  Just started shipping the ver3 of the Panther XL USB and with a programmable USB board that can act as a joystick or be programmed to output as a hardware keyboard for games with not joystick support.

The USB mod uses the guts of a Optical Mouse to turn the trackball of the Panther XL into a mouse and the joystick axis and buttons get there own system.  The unit becomes a HID device in the OS.

The Panther XL still has a cult following and many users have express interest in using the Modded Panther XL USB on XBOX for FPS.  Looks like your product will allow users of the Panther XL joystick/trackball combo to play FPS on the Xbox 360 at last !

Awesome !

Steveo
Clan Assassin 3D
Assassin3d.com

Funny you mention trackball. Even though I have not used the panther Xl or even heard of it until now (which I will be investigating rigourously now as that's how I roll) I have tested a trackball with the Xim360 and the Xim1. I can tell you it works pretty @#$% well so far, although it would seem high DPI trackballs are hard to come by, but then again I have not even looked. Anyway, After testing the beta unit prototype for the Xim360, I am really excited for people to get on board with this project it will be a eye opening experience.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Boddiebagger

• MVP
  • The Original KWAK'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 11:45 AM - 09/21/08 »
Hey guys, ive been waiting to see if i can get a pre assembled XIM2 for a while. Me being impatient is getting the better of me so I was wondering if i can get a DIY kit. I got a friend who can hook up the soldering for me. Let me know if i can get an XIM2.. Thanks.

What boddiebagger calls losing a gun fight means, killing the opposing team 3 times over and dying once.

Offline Boddiebagger

• MVP
  • The Original KWAK'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 11:54 AM - 09/21/08 »
Nevermind, i finally found the link and got caught up on info. Hopefully soon there will be some available.

What boddiebagger calls losing a gun fight means, killing the opposing team 3 times over and dying once.

Offline TokingMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 09:30 AM - 09/23/08 »
Hey there, whats the link, I'm anxious for them to be available as well, I can't wait!

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #214 on: 09:46 AM - 09/23/08 »
Hey there, whats the link, I'm anxious for them to be available as well, I can't wait!
http://store.xim360.com/shopping/
They are sold out of the DIY kits and they haven't started producing pre-mades yet.