XIM Community

Poll

The Xim community choice award goes to...

Battleborn
0 (0%)
Battlefield 1
19 (36.5%)
Doom
5 (9.6%)
Gears Of War 4
0 (0%)
Infinite Warfare
4 (7.7%)
Modern Warfare Remastered
4 (7.7%)
Overwatch
9 (17.3%)
Shadow Warrior 2
1 (1.9%)
The Division
1 (1.9%)
Titanfall 2
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Shooter Of The Year  (Read 3909 times)

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
Re: Shooter Of The Year
« Reply #15 on: 09:19 PM - 11/27/16 »
TF2 from top to bottom. TF2 is the only one where i'm in "just one more game" territory.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 10:38 PM - 11/27/16 »
There are a few things that kill Overwatch for me. The aiming on consoles is up there as the primary reason. The matchmaking and team balancing are really bad and it's kind of pointless to even attempt to play it unless you have a group. All the downtime really break the game for me. It takes up to 4 minutes to find a match, when it does it's usually one that's entirely lopsided and you're placed on a team that's seconds away from losing. Then it drops the lobby because the teams were so lopsided and it starts the entire process again. If you get lucky and are placed in a fresh match then you have to wait a minute for the game to actually begin and when you die you have to wait five seconds to basically run for half a minute to the same area again. I've never raged so hard at NOT playing a game as I have with Overwatch.

Matchmaking is a mess in Overwatch. I also don't find the gunplay particularly compelling and it definitely lacks that "just one more game" feeling I get from games like Destiny.

While I don't particularly like The Division's gunplay either, they're doing something completely different and from that perspective, it gets the nod over the "shoot, die, rinse, repeat" drek we see year after year from other franchises.

I'm yet to play most of the others on the list, but few are appealing. I have Doom and I'm looking forward to the SP, but it's much the same MP we've seen time and again in other games.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:43 PM - 11/27/16 »
I have Doom and I'm looking forward to the SP, but it's much the same MP we've seen time and again in other games.

I love Doom, but I can confirm that the MP is indeed garbage. It's a poor clone of Halo 5's MP.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #18 on: 11:19 PM - 11/27/16 »
Overwatch is the only one thats remotely fresh this year. I enjoyed it on pc, wouldnt play it on console though, too many variables to account for. Itd be pretty difficult to get consistent performance across all characters even with a xim id imagine. Playing it with a controller is just not an option.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #19 on: 12:24 AM - 11/28/16 »
Titanfall 2 for me (obviously)

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:04 PM - 11/28/16 »
2016 shooters make me want to quit gaming and just get another job, I'd probably have more fun serving tables than playing any of this bs. It would be like high school.

Bf1 - way too easy, just boring. I played like 1200 hours of BF4...
Overwatch - fun but cheesy, I lose interest within 10 matches every time play. thought it was great until I got bored.
Iw cod 4 - can't talk myself into it
Siege - ^ plus it looks cheesy
TF2 - haven't played it but let's be honest, too easy. I hated the first one and I'd rather spend 60$ on groceries.
Doom - probably the best option for single player with horrocious mp
The division - I don't buy games that I'll quit playing in two hours, that's my new rule.
Gears - ^
Battleborn - ^

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:37 PM - 11/28/16 »
2016 shooters make me want to quit gaming and just get another job, I'd probably have more fun serving tables than playing any of this bs. It would be like high school.

Bf1 - way too easy, just boring. I played like 1200 hours of BF4...
Overwatch - fun but cheesy, I lose interest within 10 matches every time play. thought it was great until I got bored.
Iw cod 4 - can't talk myself into it
Siege - ^ plus it looks cheesy
TF2 - haven't played it but let's be honest, too easy. I hated the first one and I'd rather spend 60$ on groceries.
Doom - probably the best option for single player with horrocious mp
The division - I don't buy games that I'll quit playing in two hours, that's my new rule.
Gears - ^
Battleborn - ^
Sounds like you're just a grumpy old man! Plenty of good shooters to choose from. I don't see any of them being classics, though. But still... out of that list you don't like any??

You're turning into Acc0rd. Old man grump status.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #22 on: 03:46 PM - 11/28/16 »
How can cod4 not be classic shooter. lol

It was a ximforum favorite, until it came out again :)

Buncha hipsters.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04:32 PM - 11/28/16 »
How can cod4 not be classic shooter. lol

It was a ximforum favorite, until it came out again :)

Buncha hipsters.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about COD4. But it's also technically an old game, not a new new game. Like yeah, it's a classic, but not like a new modern classic. IDK if that makes sense.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:20 PM - 11/28/16 »
Bf1 is alright, but the only mode I really like is rush, once you've played each map 30-40 times it gets kinda boring. Plenty of balance problems as well, elites / behemoths / tanks etc. We all just rip on titanfall to mess with you LOL

i sold my old monitor without thinking, pretty much why I'm not buying cod... my new g sync only has a single display port, I wanted to hook my little bro up with 144hz because he was in the dark ages with his cheap monitors, so I sold him the vg248 for 100$. Couldn't stand the extra clutter anyway so no big deal. 

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:27 PM - 11/28/16 »
Bf1 is alright, but the only mode I really like is rush, once you've played each map 30-40 times it gets kinda boring. Plenty of balance problems as well, elites / behemoths / tanks etc. We all just rip on titanfall to mess with you LOL

i sold my old monitor without thinking, pretty much why I'm not buying cod... my new g sync only has a single display port, I wanted to hook my little bro up with 144hz because he was in the dark ages with his cheap monitors, so I sold him the vg248 for 100$. Couldn't stand the extra clutter anyway so no big deal. 

Haha yeah, I know you guys are usually just trolling about TF. But even if TF wasn't out, I'd still be playing 1-2 of the games on that list. BF1 isn't bad, IMO. But I'm just consumed by other games. I figure I'll get it on the next sale.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:47 PM - 11/28/16 »
I actually bought Titanfall 2 because your 36-4 video made it look good. Honestly though, that max aim sensitivity is really killing it for me. Plus, on PS4 Pro it's another game that feels floatier than I remember the beta being. If Infinite Warfare had Titanfall 2's sound and art design it would be the ultimate MP shooter of the year for me. Every time a gun ranks up it's like candy to my ears.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:01 PM - 11/28/16 »
I guess if you're super twitchy, it's a little on the slow side. I also played a lot of Destiny, leading up to TF2, and it feels so fast compared to that hahaha

Offline Urlacher54

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: N-u-S-k-o-o-l
« Reply #28 on: 11:50 PM - 11/28/16 »
I love BF1.  I FN hate Infinate Warfare!!!  Cod guy converted to BF1.
I haven't played any of the other games.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #29 on: 12:12 AM - 11/29/16 »
I wonder if any of the Battlefield converts would like Battlefield if it was like BF4 or BF3? Or any of the Bad Company games? BF1 just screams casual, it really was never like that. It used to have a higher learning curve.

asilver, I highly recommend Rainbow Six Siege. It is in a league of its own and is a truly challenging game. It is highly addictive... think CS 1.6 addicting. Admittedly, it's not for everyone. But if you like a challenge and a true test of skills as an individual and as a team player, it's the peffect shooter.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds