XIM Community

New to Xim4 - help on functions  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Bahumat

• View Profile
New to Xim4 - help on functions
« on: 09:02 AM - 11/24/16 »
Hi all,

I purchased my Xim4 yesterday and I had a couple of questions regarding settings/configurations.  I've been looking around the forums and everyone mentions what values they're using, but I don't always understand what the settings do!

I'm playing BF1 and found a guide by Zombieguy. 
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=50650.0

Question 1
In Step 2 it mentions using a curve for ballistics.  There is also a code but I have no idea where I enter that information?  If I click on the square with the downwards arrow it seems to change the ballistics line to match his.  So what does this curve mean/do?

Question 2
When I launch the application and choose BF1 it tells me to set the soldier sensitivity to 100%, aim down scope sensitivity (or zoom) to 200%.  I noticed some people aren't doing this. 
They also mention using USA which appears to be the muscle memory setting in game.

Does anyone know why people are using 100% across the board? 

Question 3 Auto aim
So what's the deal here?  I assume auto aim pulls your crosshair (slightly) away from where you're aiming?  I assume if you want head shots with a sniper it can interfere?  What about using semi automatic rifles or assault weapons.  Surely you'd want it on?

Question 4  Snap aim
There's a setting so when you press zoom it snaps onto the target.  Why are people removing this setting?  Surely that's great?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bahumat

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: New to Xim4 - help on functions
« Reply #1 on: 12:14 PM - 11/24/16 »
Welcome to the community. You should always start with suggested game settings without any advanced settings like curves. In most cases nothing but the standard simple setup is all that is needed. Unless something feels off to you, then advanced settings may be useful but still unadvised since you lose 1:1 aiming when you do that.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Bahumat

• View Profile
Re: New to Xim4 - help on functions
« Reply #2 on: 11:00 AM - 11/25/16 »
Hi OBsIV,

Thanks for the advice will give this a try. 

Do you know if there is a thread that gives an explanation of the advanced settings please?

Thanks