XIM Community

Rainbow six Siege movement question  (Read 3546 times)

Offline paulos6969

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: paulos6969
Rainbow six Siege movement question
« on: 07:29 AM - 11/23/16 »
Sorry this might be a stupid question but how do you walk or move slowly in siege on keyboard for ps4? i haven't received my xim yet but that question just occurred to me due to being a movement feature on the dual shock.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow six Siege movement question
« Reply #1 on: 10:07 AM - 11/23/16 »
There is a walk button assignment in the keyboard section of your config. You can also crouch to move slower.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #2 on: 03:49 PM - 11/23/16 »
Here's a tip: don't move slow. If you must move slower, then crouch. It will muffle your sounds. When around areas where you suspect enemy presence, crouch to move into position. Coordinate movements with your team. Then when you execute, move fast.

The reason why I'm saying moving slow is useless is because it makes you an easy target. When someone has the drop on you, depending on the angle, there is a chance they can miss a few shots if you're moving faster, which gives you a higher chance of survival. Moving slow gives them the ultimate advantage and will make you an instant elimination.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline paulos6969

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: paulos6969
« Reply #3 on: 10:33 PM - 11/23/16 »
First responder - thats a really good point thanks man never thought of it like that

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #4 on: 01:50 AM - 11/24/16 »
Also r6 suffers heavily from "peekers advantage" in the way the net code works. Usually the person moving will see their opponent first. They have taken steps to mitigate that in recent patches, but itll always be there to some extent. Always good to strafe fast in a gunfight and "bobble peek" if you have the oppurtunity.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:54 PM - 11/26/16 »
When you are "peeking" a door what works for me it to go through with the motion. If you just move across the doorway fast while aiming and shooting, you are so fast that they cant react. If you "peek' for a second and peek out the same way you came, due to the latency, I always find myself getting picked easily. On their killcam I just see my character peeking out... standing still long enough to get shot and then moving back while getting shot.  My peeks now are a complete motion through the window/door and its been working out better.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:24 PM - 11/26/16 »
I like to lean behind cover and then strafe left and right quick to do a peek, instead of standing behind cover and then leaning to peek. But I also like to go through the motion and scan the room while moving accross the doorway or window. It really just depends on the situation. This is Siege, and we all know there is no one-size-fits-all to every situation.
My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:24 PM - 11/27/16 »
Like this:

My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:37 PM - 11/27/16 »
Nice

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:20 PM - 11/27/16 »
Nice

Thanks mist! If you like that one, here's a fun clip: 3 Kapkan kills and 2 gun kills to ace the round

My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:24 PM - 11/27/16 »
These are great. I don't know what it is but FPS just isn't doing it for me these days. With the exception of this game. It's the only FPS worth playing lately, for me at least.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:53 PM - 11/27/16 »
Does it feel like other shooters just have no purpose to it? Like there's no point to them? That's exactly how I feel. And it's this game's fault. It's so gratifying. I can go 50-0 in Battlefield but it's nothing compared to going 3-5 in Siege and winning a hard fought match even though it wasn't me who clutched the game or the one who turned the game around for the team. And if you somehow go 15-0 and end up losing, you're still bummed out because you lost. It's also because the majority of people that play the game play to win. Even casual mode offers move competitiveness and has more teamwork and coordination than any other shooters out there. And ranked mode? There is no other game out there that makes it feel as personal as ranked mode.

Idk what it is Mist. But luckily they're going to continue release free DLC next year. Not sure how Ghost Recon is going to stack up against this, I was a big fan of that game back when it was a first person shooter. All I know is.... they better not mess up the sequel to to this game.
My Roccat Sova review:

Wi-fi speeds

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:23 PM - 11/27/16 »
These are great. I don't know what it is but FPS just isn't doing it for me these days. With the exception of this game. It's the only FPS worth playing lately, for me at least.

Oh you play Siege too? Good to know:) I've always been curious what the overlords on this forum play in their spare time:)
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:25 AM - 11/28/16 »
Not lately, my most recent game has been the division but I think I'm done with it. There are a lot of improvements happening now but I've just spent too much time with it, the core gameplay isn't fun anymore.

Admin