XIM Community

About SteelSeries Apex M800  (Read 631 times)

Offline kaihuazheng

• View Profile
About SteelSeries Apex M800
« on: 11:30 AM - 11/15/16 »
Somebody please help! I am using SteelSeries Apex M800 keyboard right and I'm kinda new to hardware, so the keyboard has two usb ports, it really got me confused during the setup, I tried connect my mouse into the keyboard port, and connect 2 ports from keyboard to XIM 4, but its not working, although every time I press the button on keyboard, I can see there's text on XIM4 manager shows that the keyboard is working. Sorry for the BAD English and I am super confused right now, do I need a usb hub? If I need one, which type of the usb should I buy ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: About SteelSeries Apex M800
« Reply #1 on: 01:06 PM - 11/15/16 »
Welcome to the community. Before you do anything you may want to be using the latest beta firmware which has improved hardware support. I will link to this at the bottom of this post.

Attach your mouse to port 1 and attach your keyboard data cable to port 2. If your keyboard has two cables one is for data and one is for power. If necessary, attach the second cable (power) to a power source like a USB AC adapter.

-

You can find the latest beta build by visiting the Release Candidates section of the forum linked below. Please read the installation instructions included in the download threads.

http://xim4.com/beta
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline kaihuazheng

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:57 PM - 11/15/16 »
Thank you for replying me, so as u said, I upgraded the device to the lasted version, and then followed ur instruction to plug every cable, once I finished and connect to the app, it shows one PS4 sign and 3 charging sign with black and yellow colour, and it's still not working

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:02 PM - 11/15/16 »
Do you mean the latest version in the download section? This would be the latest gold version, there is a newer version in beta now that has improved hardware support in Release Candidates that is linked above.

What you're seeing is a power fault. Your setup is trying to draw more power than is available by the console's USB port. Others using this keyboard have reported needing to use a powered 2.0 hub in order for this to work. If you're not able to get it working using the steps mentioned above you may need a powered hub as well. Any USB 2.0 hub that includes an AC adapter should be compatible.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin