XIM Community

Should I Send Someone to Jail?  (Read 4570 times)

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Should I Send Someone to Jail?
« Reply #30 on: 11:04 AM - 04/26/10 »
Hmmm..I think I understand what you REALLY meant by that opening line. Let me highlight the clue  ;) "(yes i am one of the few people on this forum that has a significant other that is female"
SO IT COMES OUT! You called us all homosexuals. How DARE YOU!  ;D Just kiddin', there isn't anything wrong with being happy. Haha, I wouldn't have even noticed that last part if that one guy hadn't gotten upset about you putting that in there. I have to admit, I thought it was odd that you had to put it in there, I didn't see the joke you say is in there at first. It was like "Uhhh..Was it necessary to add in a statement that implies you are better than the others here and pretty much throw it in their faces?" =] I haven't been here that long, so I don't know your history with everyone, but normally that's just kind of a braggish/boasting comment that just came off as stupid and not needed to be mentioned.

I wasn't personally insulted, but I was a little annoyed by the perceived feeling of superiority that emanated from the statement.
hahahaha i forgot i added that little ending. i was so en-rapped in stating how it was a joke i forgot the actual text (and notice how the DEE guy failed to see that part and focused only on the "NO GF" part...interesting).  I did say the joke evolved over the years  ;)
i can see how people might think of it as braggish, maybe, but it always reduces to the harmless rhetoric of trash talking amongst equals. I just poke at them, i get poked back, with a preferably witty and crude comment, and it never amounts to anything beyond that. I believe mist called me a stalker in one post, and i took it with grace on the chin and replied in turn with a comment that played back ( http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4887.0 ) - but that was before he had the responsibility of being the moderator, awww.  the wit and direction/subtlety of the rudeness is an entertainment value, and mine was actually a pretty good one from the looks of it as i am pretty entertained haha.  (disclosure: i am not laughing at you but laughing at my comment which suggests I am the only one entertained by the said comment) --so i guess i should do that now for any potentially harmful comments? hahaha
and i figure if i am going to be giving a HUGE description of an event, i should start off with a little LOL before going into the heavy moral dilemma which comes from sending someone to jail or not (its not anymore BUT IT WAS! haha)

Offline ryan123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11:08 AM - 04/26/10 »
from experience, maybe only my experience.. but girlfriends are made in this world, to take money from you ;(
i wouldn't mind another girlfriend, but i sure as hell aint lookin' :D (getting so few hours at work as it is)

and, 'we are nerds' biggest truth of the world! if somebody is afraid to admit to being a nerd, they should stop gaming :P

i recommend virgin media!

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:12 AM - 04/26/10 »
To all the new users we have, We are cool....
HAHAHAHAAH --funniest thing you have said in a while. ( so what if i edited it the way you meant it, your a moderator so do something about it  :o xoxo)

yaya mist i know your ever present (unless dire circumstances) neutrality.  its part of the moderator position id assume, like a priest, judge, .. moderator  lmao.    

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:20 AM - 04/26/10 »
and, 'we are nerds' biggest truth of the world! if somebody is afraid to admit to being a nerd, they should stop gaming :P
well obviously i agree fully, i said it lol.  but like i said, most people who feel offended these days say so because of their own insecurities.  only on rare occasion are things offensive through an established logical reasoning that equates a how, why, and to what end, the comment or offensive manner is harmful.

soon it will get to the point where i say some words and get sued, because my words are causing harmful damage....and i dont mean ill say them abusively, but SOMEONE will be offended as SOMEONE is always offended by ANYTHING. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:27 PM - 04/26/10 »
- but that was before he had the responsibility of being the moderator, awww.  the wit and direction/subtlety of the rudeness is an entertainment value

Nope I was a mod when I posted that. It was funny, why not post it? :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:23 PM - 04/26/10 »
wow wow drink driving is bad but grassing some one up for smoking gods plant? nooo! freemasons built america with the aid of hemp its
so much part of the usa history , but freemasons got it banned
because it makes people free think an thats the last thing they want they only want that power for them , there are etched cannibis leaves in the headstone of an old freemason grave near my house . 3 strikes an your out over your way ? for one of gods plants which the powers that be use an keep away for jo public dont snitch on weed smokers god gave you plants nazis took them away!.....down with monsanto!
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:55 PM - 04/26/10 »
wow wow drink driving is bad but grassing some one up for smoking gods plant? nooo! freemasons built america with the aid of hemp its
so much part of the usa history , but freemasons got it banned
because it makes people free think an thats the last thing they want they only want that power for them , there are etched cannibis leaves in the headstone of an old freemason grave near my house . 3 strikes an your out over your way ? for one of gods plants which the powers that be use an keep away for jo public dont snitch on weed smokers god gave you plants nazis took them away!.....down with monsanto!
BAHAHAHAHAHA
i said PILLS not weed....
weed has conspiracy theories? REALLY...
and i didnt even say it was EVIL, if anything, by the simple comparison, i made the shiggedy look like  a lesser evil than the pills and drinking...
obviously you wanted to get this off your chest for a while though, DoAwG

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02:57 PM - 04/26/10 »
It was funny, why not post it? :)
idk man, apparently the forum has grown sensitive and are used to political correctness (hypocritical thinking). im so very offended by that mist, i want to talk to your boss to get your mod privileges taken away for abuse/hatred, just because im white (and you can tell over the internet, who cant)

Offline paulrules

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09:19 PM - 04/26/10 »
To be honest, it's your call. On one side, what would it do for you other than the selfish feeling of doing something right? On the other side, you're teaching the kid a proper lesson, though that could also be seen as selfish.

I would just stay out of it. I have better things to do than send a kind to jail. If he didn't learn his lesson once, he'll probably kill himself the next time he does this sort of @#$%.

Offline Moo Juice

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MooJuicerr
« Reply #39 on: 01:05 AM - 04/27/10 »
Oh well hey now, =D If it was all in in a joking attitude, it's okay. Its all in the attitude, I guess. If you were sayin' it with a certain negative way, Then its something. I'm all for good jokes, even off-color jokes. Although I would like this in formal writing and have a vocal statement beforehand in any joking matters so as to further eliminate any possible misunderstandings, of course... (if that joke wasnt funny in the slightest, I'm blaming it on the fact that its 3:05 AM and I'm tired)
The Dude does Not abide.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:08 AM - 04/27/10 »
well before everyone tries to eat this to the bone...
being selfish isnt a bad thing.
every intention is a selfish act, good or bad (and yes i will tell you how its not always bad).  
selfishness as an abstract thing is not bad.  we can make selfish acts bad or good, since every act is selfish, and we/society have only made selfishness an evil trait.  and if your an altruist, @#$% of here.  thats a lie.  you are being selfish but calling it selfless. moderation is what makes selfishness good, extremes are what make it/anything bad (where altruism is one extreme of selfishness, mixed with self deception).  if you do a good act and it makes you feel good, thats bad?

I am proud to be selfish in moderation.  its HEALTHY.  im not walked on and dont seek to walk on others.  i take care of what i value, who i value, and feel good for doing what i believe in. am i suppose to feel guilty for that? and if you denote that doing the right thing is bad (assuming you mean selfishness is bad) i dont follow how doing the right thing can be warped into a bad act...unless i am merely forcing my value system upon others, undeservingly.

(fountainhead, atlas shrugged, theres a consistency to my insanity rofl)

anyways

i decided not to, from my discussion with the prosecuter, described in a previous post.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:17 AM - 04/27/10 »
Oh well hey now, =D If it was all in in a joking attitude, it's okay. Its all in the attitude, I guess. If you were sayin' it with a certain negative way, Then its something. I'm all for good jokes, even off-color jokes. Although I would like this in formal writing and have a vocal statement beforehand in any joking matters so as to further eliminate any possible misunderstandings, of course... (if that joke wasnt funny in the slightest, I'm blaming it on the fact that its 3:05 AM and I'm tired)
ill let it slide lol
and yes, action intention and outcome are inherent qualities to discuss when thinking if an act is good or bad.  attitude i would assume into intention, as i dont think many people have an attitude they dont intend lol.  (studying for a kantean philosphy -which assumes those 3 qualities of an act- so i can deepen my knowledge of aristotle's 4 causes, to know the effects of those 4 causes on psychology today  ::)) if i am sounding abstract lately, thats why lol.

Offline TheycallmeDee

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:38 AM - 04/27/10 »
... Oh my god bdm, I misunderstood your joke. Relaaaxxxx. I read it as: "I am bdm, I have a girlfriend and you don't and I only assume that because you are posting on the XIM forums".

In other news. I want to be happy with toysrme. The fact that Alabama has won 13 national championships gives me a chubby.
"It feels like my hand is connected directly to the screen."

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:06 PM - 04/27/10 »
lol toys might have room for another boyfriend. He's juggling voli and flowzilla right now.. but you could be #3 ;)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Voli

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12:23 PM - 04/27/10 »
Hahahaha @ Dee. Mist.. Toys has the biggest mojo of us all.. He's also a virtual juggalo via Xbox live

@ bdm.. Send him to jail. I did some wild things in high school but that's just excessive.