XIM Community

Help with a setting\feature.  (Read 744 times)

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
Help with a setting\feature.
« on: 08:29 AM - 11/09/16 »
Thanks in advance.

My Setup: G502 + Sony Nav.

I would like to know what is the best way to create a ADS Sensitivity Drop switch. I have my ADS set to my Sony Nav trigger button and jump to my Nav Bumper Button. I would like to have the Xim4 set that if I'm in ADS looking at a target and I need some slower\finer movement that I can press the Nav Bumper (jump) Button  that it switches to a much slower ADS setting and once I release the Nav Bumper Button it goes back to normal ADS settings. Thanks again for your help.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Help with a setting\feature.
« Reply #1 on: 08:44 AM - 11/09/16 »
Setup a new page on the game config, name it Snipe. Set the button to your trigger, change the sensitivity, leave it as hold and remove Inherit Bindings from Primary so you don't Jump while holding the button.

That's should work, as long as ADS doesn't normally trigger a Jump. If it does, you'll Jump first. The solution is to again remove Inherit but this time from ADS. Unbind Jump and use something benign instead for the trigger button e.g L3 or R3 (Sprint doesn't normally trigger while ADS). Make sure it matches the binding on the Snipe page and you're done.

I think that'll work. I've done something similar in The Division by binding it to D-Pad up.
« Last Edit: 09:08 AM - 11/09/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:03 PM - 11/09/16 »
Setup a new page on the game config, name it Snipe. Set the button to your trigger, change the sensitivity, leave it as hold and remove Inherit Bindings from Primary so you don't Jump while holding the button.

That's should work, as long as ADS doesn't normally trigger a Jump. If it does, you'll Jump first. The solution is to again remove Inherit but this time from ADS. Unbind Jump and use something benign instead for the trigger button e.g L3 or R3 (Sprint doesn't normally trigger while ADS). Make sure it matches the binding on the Snipe page and you're done.

I think that'll work. I've done something similar in The Division by binding it to D-Pad up.

Thank You, I will give it a try tonight.

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:20 PM - 11/09/16 »

I re-read what I was asking. What I'm trying to do is, while I'm already in ADS looking at the target, if I need slower\finer movement I can press the Nav Bumper while still holding the ADS Trigger to activate the finer movement. Is it possible to activate a config with 2 buttons? I guess I can always create a profile and set a hotkey to switch between profiles.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:26 PM - 11/09/16 »
I re-read what I was asking. What I'm trying to do is, while I'm already in ADS looking at the target, if I need slower\finer movement I can press the Nav Bumper while still holding the ADS Trigger to activate the finer movement. Is it possible to activate a config with 2 buttons? I guess I can always create a profile and set a hotkey to switch between profiles.

Good question. In The Division, I hold left-click for the ADS translator for normal ADS sensitivity (left-hand), then hold a button bound to D-Pad Up with my pinky (right-hand) when I want Sniper mode. That's all done on the Xim and it definitely works.

Here's the Xim code so you can see how I set it up -

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [The Division] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

For Destiny, I'm using a Titan One with a sensitivity adjustment for sniping mode, which is bound to Sprint. Sprint breaks ADS in Destiny, so I had to write some conditions to handle that while ADS. I could easily have done it by binding Snipe to R3 (Player Highlight) on the Xim, but I use R3 for something else in the Titan One script.

In your case, hold ADS, then the Snipe button (or Snipe could toggle, don't forget to set Deactivation keys), but you will need to tweak the bindings on Snipe and probably ADS to disable the Jump binding to prevent yourself from bunny-hopping while ADS.

The biggest issue is how Xim4 handles the Jump binding while ADS and Sniping. It can be disabled on the Snipe config by binding something else to trigger (don't Inherit Buttons from Primary), but I don't know how that flows through to HIP, which is why I suggest doing the same on the ADS page. That creates a problem where you can no longer Jump while ADS, but how often does that come into play? It's usually Jump, then ADS, which would be unaffected.

What game are we talking about? I can try it out and test for problems.
Have you got a Titan One? This sort of thing should be easy to do with a script if it doesn't work on Xim.
« Last Edit: 03:47 PM - 11/09/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin