XIM Community

Australian seeking advice!  (Read 1412 times)

Offline JP67

• View Profile
Australian seeking advice!
« on: 11:51 AM - 11/07/16 »
Hey there! Thanks in advance for taking the time to have a look at my post hope it isnt redundant or anything but had a quick search and nothing recent popped up with regards to picking a distributor or reseller in Australia....would greatly appreciate some insight into where or who I should purchase a xim4 from, feel free to PM me if that suits you best regards JP.

Oh I also had a look and saw there was supreme factory and the US Xim store my main priority would be the shipping and price involved being either conversion rate Aud to Usd rather expensive last I looked 1 us = 1.30 Aud so you can see how quickly that would add up! Sorry for the rant I tried to stay on topic 😃

Look forward to hearing back

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Australian seeking advice!
« Reply #1 on: 05:31 PM - 11/07/16 »
Speaking as a fellow Aussie, your best bet is to buy from the source here at xim4.com. That way if there are any problems, you only have to deal with one set of hands.

It's best not to buy from eBay or Amazon, you won't get the same level of support as they're not necessarily authorised distributors and you'll have to go through them in case of issues.

Don't give the shipping costs buying direct a second thought. Yeah they add up thanks to the tyranny of distance and rubbish exchange rates, but that's beyond Xim's control. Xim4 is by far the best m/kb solution for console gaming and you'll well and truly get your money's worth out of it.

I've bought three generations of Xim from this site since 2010 and have no hesitation recommending Xim to anyone. Not to mention Xim support is above reproach - you're buying not only an excellent product, but excellent customer service to boot.
« Last Edit: 05:43 PM - 11/07/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Ettiennevl

• I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:04 PM - 11/07/16 »
Living in Perth over here.
Do yourself a favour and buy it directly from here. It will no doubt be the best thing you ever buy.
Shipping took roughly 10days when I bought it and it came through Sydney so I'm sure if you live on the East coast it will take a lot less time.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn

Offline JP67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:17 PM - 11/07/16 »
After seeing that there is only insurance for US customers I think I can only opt for eBay $190+ is to much for something to not have insurance applied...such a shame but on the bright side it will get here wayyyy sooner!

Will just choose a seller that allows returns and such appreciate the advice and guidance guys but no insurance is a MASSIVE deal breaker :/

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:34 PM - 11/07/16 »
pretty sure insurace isnt listed on international shipping since automatically part of the service
though you can double check on that by writing the xim shop a mail through your xim store account

as for the purchase, buying from the xim store or any other official distributor is really recommended
in your case the japanese store might be cheaper since its closer to your country
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline JP67

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:00 PM - 11/07/16 »
Cheers Odin I'll have a squizz! My first thought was China or as Trump says "Ghina" but to be honest I didn't know whether Japan or China was closest to Queenaland  :-X

Offline JP67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:06 PM - 11/07/16 »
A bit skeptical though I only plan on playing Cod4/MWR fornthe most part and I've seen a lot of concerning posts maybe it's worth waiting for a while? If anyone has some insight as to why people use both the Xim and the chronus in unison I'd love to hear why!
As I don't have a working computer at the moment I have decided against the venomX or any other Pc linked devices however I am curious if the Android app will serve well on my huawei honour (using to post this).

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:19 PM - 11/07/16 »
If anyone has some insight as to why people use both the Xim and the chronus in unison I'd love to hear why!

Do you play Rainbow Six Siege?
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline JP67

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:47 PM - 11/07/16 »
Can't say I do but I've been thinking about picking it up, that or BF1 played BF2 religiously as well as pro mod Cod4 so I would like to play to the best of my ability on kB/ I feel beyond handicapped played with my Xbox 1 controller to say the least hehe

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:48 PM - 11/07/16 »
Can't say I do but I've been thinking about picking it up, that or BF1 played BF2 religiously as well as pro mod Cod4 so I would like to play to the best of my ability on kB/ I feel beyond handicapped played with my Xbox 1 controller to say the least hehe

Ok well when you do, this will give you an idea of what a CronusMax style device can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-9NtxyySVM&feature=youtu.be
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts