XIM Community

Forum theme  (Read 1654 times)

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
Forum theme
« on: 04:58 PM - 11/06/16 »
I wish there was a white background forum theme! I find it hard to read texts with the current black/white

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Forum theme
« Reply #1 on: 09:30 PM - 11/06/16 »
Do you access the forum from your phone/tablet? If so, a lot of people use Tapatalk which can have a white background.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:57 PM - 11/25/16 »
I dont usually browse on my phone thats why I was wondering if you were ever gonna add a different theme on here. I guess ill just avoid this forum

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:19 PM - 11/25/16 »
I dont usually browse on my phone thats why I was wondering if you were ever gonna add a different theme on here. I guess ill just avoid this forum

That's a shame, everyone has their preferences. I dunno how hard it would be for them to add a white/black theme option.
But I personally prefer the white text on black. As the first iteration of this forum was black text on white background. And it could get a bit much.

I'm almost certain that there would be a google chrome plugin that you could used to make the text black and the background white.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:02 PM - 11/25/16 »

That's a shame, everyone has their preferences. I dunno how hard it would be for them to add a white/black theme option.
But I personally prefer the white text on black. As the first iteration of this forum was black text on white background. And it could get a bit much.

I'm almost certain that there would be a google chrome plugin that you could used to make the text black and the background white.

idk what it is, but for me, its just very hard for my eyes for some reason when trying to read stuff on this forum with the black background

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:17 PM - 11/25/16 »
Check for a Google chrome plugin. If there isn't something to accommodate you, I'd be quite surprised.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 12:42 AM - 11/27/16 »
Quick and dirty fix.

1. Use Google Chrome
2. Install this extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/
3. Use this CSS rule -

Code: [Select]
* {background:#fff !important; color:#000 !important;} 4. Behold the wonder of CSS as you bask in glorious black text on white background, site-wide.

Note that the ON/OFF button for the CSS editor is hidden when the rule is enabled. Just click where it's supposed to display and it'll toggle off. Alternately, add a backslash to the start of the rule and it'll disable.

Note also that the rules applied are customised per-site. Click options for the extension and you'll see a list of sites in the Styles tab and the rules can be edited by clicking the site name.

If you prefer to use a different browser, check out https://userstyles.org/. It functions in much the same way but works in Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:20 PM - 11/29/16 »
Quick and dirty fix.

1. Use Google Chrome
2. Install this extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/
3. Use this CSS rule -

Code: [Select]
* {background:#fff !important; color:#000 !important;} 4. Behold the wonder of CSS as you bask in glorious black text on white background, site-wide.

Note that the ON/OFF button for the CSS editor is hidden when the rule is enabled. Just click where it's supposed to display and it'll toggle off. Alternately, add a backslash to the start of the rule and it'll disable.

Note also that the rules applied are customised per-site. Click options for the extension and you'll see a list of sites in the Styles tab and the rules can be edited by clicking the site name.

If you prefer to use a different browser, check out https://userstyles.org/. It functions in much the same way but works in Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.

thanks a lot man!

Admin