XIM Community

K&M vs Controller | Call Of Duty  (Read 1456 times)

Luxraa

K&M vs Controller | Call Of Duty
« on: 04:41 AM - 11/06/16 »
Someone advice me please. I've been using my xim4 with m&k on and offf for about a month now, my aim seems to be good,
struggle slightly with smgs.. but my movemeny seems to be bad, i comstantly notice myself holding down A along with W forcing
myself to move into things.. i've been a controller player for years and my movement is great with controller but my aim is sluggish
With it these days. Just want some opinions on when to be using A & D to move left and right instead of just using the mouse for
Camera looking. Or if i should just stick with controller and concentrate on my aim.

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Azoric
Re: K&M vs Controller | Call Of Duty
« Reply #1 on: 04:47 AM - 11/06/16 »
Just practice or get a Sony Nav, but then you will need a mouse with a lot of buttons to compensate.
Mice: G403 Prodigy, G502 Spectrum, G402 Hyperion Fury, Razer Deathadder Chroma, FinalMouse Scream One, FinalMouse Classic Ergo 2 (2017).
Keyboards: Corsair K65 RGB LUX, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma, Sony NAV
Console: XBOX ONE
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
XIM4 running SA5 PD
Amazon Basics USB 2.0 powered Hub

Luxraa

« Reply #2 on: 04:52 AM - 11/06/16 »
Just practice or get a Sony Nav, but then you will need a mouse with a lot of buttons to compensate.

Yes i want to avoid the Nav just because i dont want to use a lot of mouse buttons, thanks for the feedback!

Offline MohJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:00 AM - 11/06/16 »
Just gotta get used to it I guess if you're new to keyboard. The thing is, analog stick has a lot more variation for its movement than WASD. WASD only has 8 possible movements (up, right, down, left, up-left, up-right, down-right, down-left) so this is probably the difference that's causing you trouble.

Offline Rouss3l

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:19 AM - 11/06/16 »
My question would be why did you get the XIM in the first place? For myself, I am a native keyboard and mouse user so the movement comes very naturally to me. You sound like you have always played with a controller and do not have that much experience with a mouse and keyboard, is this correct? If this is correct I am curious as to why you went the XIM in the first place.

Luxraa

« Reply #5 on: 06:22 AM - 11/06/16 »
My question would be why did you get the XIM in the first place? For myself, I am a native keyboard and mouse user so the movement comes very naturally to me. You sound like you have always played with a controller and do not have that much experience with a mouse and keyboard, is this correct? If this is correct I am curious as to why you went the XIM in the first place.

For the aim and to play on a higher sensitivity with more control. Plus mouse and keyboard is more fun:))

Luxraa

« Reply #6 on: 06:23 AM - 11/06/16 »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KW8IwY3EOAY

Plus you can't do this with a controller ;)

Offline MonkeyStalker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:57 AM - 11/06/16 »
You didn't do anything but flick around... hit something and control are more important... you over estimate your abilities kid.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #8 on: 04:01 PM - 11/06/16 »
Its just practice, youll get used to it soon. Glad you are enjoying the mouse and keys though!
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline bimmers

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bimmers525i
« Reply #9 on: 07:08 PM - 11/06/16 »
Get one of those tiny keyboards that have an analog stick on it. But idk how ull bind it to movement for xim. I think u can idk. Theres the tac pro but then ull have bought the xim for nothing. Just keep using what u have. It takes practice. Play some regular computer games that use wasd to practice.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Offline Bo5ibbs

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Iibbs
« Reply #10 on: 07:39 PM - 11/06/16 »
^ A Razer Tartarus. It's what I use and I'm awesome with it. WASD controls were hard for me too so I bought this. If you're on PAN, add me: Bo5ibbs. I can help a lot. I always have watched some of your yr vids. HMU and I can help in any way possible :)

Offline Joey McCamper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:59 PM - 11/06/16 »
Look into the G13. I glued a piece of KF to the top to make it better years ago for movement.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #12 on: 08:41 PM - 11/06/16 »
Sometimes it strikes me as odd when someone says a controller feels more natural. WASD movement, Q to switch weaps, R for reload lctrl to crouch, space to jump.. to me nothing else feels more natural. But we have to remember that a lot of kids start gaming on consoles, so WASD is weird for them.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds