XIM Community

Hip/ADS settings way off despite both being default  (Read 588 times)

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Not sure what is going on. Xbox One S, Razer Deathadder 2013.

I set DPI / polling rate in Windows to 6400 DPI/1000.

In game sensitivity maxed out. Universal solider aim is off. XIM 4 settings are @ 40 for hip and ADS yet ADS is waaaaaay more sensitive and seems to not have an input lag where as hip does.

What's going on?

EDIT: So I can set hip to 1 and 500 and it makes zero difference. Am I missing something? Not my first XIM.

I am on the beta firmware to support the XB1S controller.  btw

EDIT2: So right click max sensitivity go way up. It's like hip is stuck on ads setting and ads setting is stuck on hip. Basically backwards in the game.

EDIT3: not all right clicks/ads are registering. Have tried 0ms and 200ms

EDIT4: Toggle for ADS is definitely broken. If I turn it off ADS works normal but I have to hold down the right mouse to ads.

Edit5: also in certain situations my character would be unable to sprint and stick like this.
« Last Edit: 06:51 PM - 10/28/16 by damstr »
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Hip/ADS settings way off despite both being default
« Reply #1 on: 07:04 PM - 10/28/16 »
It sounds like you are using toggle ads and are out of sync. XIM4 doesn't know when you're in toggle ads and throw a grenade, enter a menu, melee or die. Set deactivation keys in the ADS activation advanced settings. These are usually set to actions like melee, sprint, reload, throw grenade.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 07:05 PM - 10/28/16 »
Delete the config and start again from scratch to eliminate human error.

Toggle ADS sucks for the reasons listed above. You can tell which mode you're in by the colour the Xim flashes when changing from HIP to ADS or back again. HIP should flash green, ADS should flash yellow.
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:13 PM - 10/28/16 »
It sounds like you are using toggle ads and are out of sync. XIM4 doesn't know when you're in toggle ads and throw a grenade, enter a menu, melee or die. Set deactivation keys in the ADS activation advanced settings. These are usually set to actions like melee, sprint, reload, throw grenade.
So you are saying I can't use a toggle for ADS? Is this new I remember being able to do this before with XIM3, XIME and when the XIM 4 came out I thought.

If I want to right click (not hold) to ads in game (set in game to press) how do I set this up on the XIM?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:14 PM - 10/28/16 »
Delete the config and start again from scratch to eliminate human error.

Toggle ADS sucks for the reasons listed above. You can tell which mode you're in by the colour the Xim flashes when changing from HIP to ADS or back again. HIP should flash green, ADS should flash yellow.

Just loaded up a brand new config, when I right click, it flashes green then yellow.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:17 PM - 10/28/16 »
Ok so with a default config these is what I am seeing.

XIM ADS and hip set to 20.

It's like I have three sensitivities for some reason.

Normall hip, right click(but not hold) and then right click and hold seems to default to normal ADS.

Edit: this for Battlefield btw. I noticed other said it feels off. Fps drops a lot in the game and I think that's the issue.
« Last Edit: 08:02 PM - 10/28/16 by damstr »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:43 AM - 10/29/16 »
Just loaded up a brand new config, when I right click, it flashes green then yellow.

XIM4 will flash the color of the setting page that is activated. When you press ADS your switching to the ADS page and it will flash the color of that page, green. Returning to Hip will flash the color of the Hip page which is yellow.

So you are saying I can't use a toggle for ADS? Is this new I remember being able to do this before with XIM3, XIME and when the XIM 4 came out I thought.

If I want to right click (not hold) to ads in game (set in game to press) how do I set this up on the XIM?

No, the opposite actually. We never really supported toggle ADS but we do now. The solution is deactivation keys to keep XIM4 in sync with the game. Set deactivation keys as mentioned above to avoid sync issues. Leave Manager open and look below the game art to verify which setting you are using. You should see Hip while in Hip and ADS while in ADS. If not then press a deactivation key to return to hip.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos