XIM Community

Battlefield 1 . Something feels off  (Read 11632 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 . Something feels off
« Reply #15 on: 12:25 PM - 10/28/16 »
The deadzone is fine, it's not the problem. Its basically the same as BF4, they are probably using the term 'deadzone' as a blanket statement for other changes to the look mechanic or engine that better helps gamers understand change.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:59 PM - 10/28/16 »
I'm going to chalk up the weird feel of the game to what everyone else has noticed I guess.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline CUPILLAC

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CUPILLAC
« Reply #17 on: 09:11 PM - 10/28/16 »
Yes I have also noticed it feels slightly off.
Mouse and general aiming sensitivity feel good but getting that exact spot on enemies does feel somewhat lagged or deadzone where I just cannot be precise as even the beta was. 

I was using a modified hardline st up to the bf1 st.

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #18 on: 10:08 PM - 10/28/16 »
I don't understand why they had to go and change what wasn't broken. It's like they said "Hey, yknow what, console controls in BF4 were too smooth, let's figure out a way to mess it up."

But generally there aren't that many complaints because of the ridiculous amount of aim assist in the game. I don't remember that high of an aim assist in BF4, and I dare even say that there is more aim assist in BF1 than there is in COD.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline F4LL3N1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:08 AM - 10/29/16 »
Agreed something feels off. Aiming is ok but hip fire feels odd when you turn...
Quickly turning isn't too bad but at certain speeds it lags. FPS or Xim4 issue?

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:13 AM - 10/29/16 »
Do you guys have aim assist slow down off? 

Offline F4LL3N1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:19 AM - 10/29/16 »
Yeah it works quickscoping in CODIW but feels horrid in BFH

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:25 AM - 10/29/16 »
I turned it off today and it didn't seem to make a difference. The only class I'm good with is scout and assault.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:41 AM - 10/29/16 »
I turned it off today and it didn't seem to make a difference. The only class I'm good with is scout and assault.

Yeah, you need to stick with medic until you unlock the M1916 Marksman.  Its a real nice murder stick.

M1907 Sweeper is excellent for close quarters.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:39 AM - 10/29/16 »

Yeah, you need to stick with medic until you unlock the M1916 Marksman.  Its a real nice murder stick.

M1907 Sweeper is excellent for close quarters.

I think what it is is the game lags in close quarters and it's really hard to place shots which is why the full autos are easier for me.

Arceye

« Reply #25 on: 11:05 AM - 10/29/16 »
Is it me or does anyone else feel like this game has a lag when aiming. The aiming feels just way off compared to other battlefield specially battlefield 4

For BF1 until yesterday I was using the BF4 ST with adjusted sensitivity to what I wanted.
Yesterday I downloaded the actual BF1 ST to find, using the same numbers, it felt exactly the same as the modified BF4 ST.

I am sure there are probably some differences and I would love to see exactly what they are if the technical guys could somehow show it in some kind of graph or diagram, but I am not feeling or seeing them.

You may be noticing differences due to frame rate perhaps between BF4 and the much higher demands of BF1.

I know this has nothing to do with xim at all, however it helps explain what I just said.
When I play PC games, 60fps feels floaty , sluggish , laggy and for me, is unplayable, where 90+ fps is nice.
Where consoles are concerned 30fps may feel acceptable but 27 may feel sluggish and floaty.

Offline sieferswe82

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sieferswe
« Reply #26 on: 05:11 PM - 10/29/16 »
Sadly control feels off in BF1 aim mechanics. 70 hours in the game the same sluggish feel from battlefront haunts my gaming sessions. Feels like flawed aim system to discourage m/k users and emphasize controller users. To be honest i can understand this from developers side. However i can't help to have a feeling of frustration after a long gaming session. When I'm forced to resort to super aggressive sniper curves and stick with marksman class only just to stay out of the aggressive aa in this games current state. It makes me a little sad. Let's just hope DICE gets their head straight and gives us a more linear aim mechanics and a aa strength slider like in Overwatch. Forced aim mechanics have no place in shooters if you ask me. Not ready yet to give up on BF1 since I have BF in my heart and over 1000h in Bf4. Not to mention all the other glitches, unbalanced stuff and bugs in this game that needs to be looked at. Gah. Rant over. Just needed to get this out of my system. Have a nice weekend all!

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05:27 PM - 10/29/16 »
It's not the look mechanic. Its something to do with the game engine or how the look mechanic is used. The trainer clearly has BF1 as being very similar to the BF4 look mechanic. There aren't large differences or variations. This is 'another layer' of the game that is affecting performance. I'm sure they will fix it, they've done so with BF3 and BF4 after launch.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:00 PM - 10/29/16 »
I know it's not the ST because if I go into single player where the game is holding a constant frame rate the XIM4 works really really well.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:33 AM - 10/30/16 »
I played this morning for the first time since the servers were down yesterday and I swear the game feeels a lot smoother in multiplayer. I was doing a lot better. There seemed to be less fps drop. Of course this could just be my imagination. :)