XIM Community

COD Infinite Warfare, Best COD Since Ghosts (hands down)  (Read 14769 times)

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
Re: COD Infinite Warfare, Best COD Since Ghosts (hands down)
« Reply #15 on: 02:54 PM - 10/25/16 »
I loved the beta and am looking forward to it.  Go ahead and add me on PS4.  FYI I hated ghost but then again I tried it on PC and that was a mess...so much for master race.

I really loved Ghosts, not sure why people didn't like it?

either way Ghosts was the very first COD where I ranked all the way to 10th prestige, all other CODS I only prestiged once or not at all...

Like i said it was a hot mess on the PC.  Not only did it have some outrageous system requierments compared to BF4 at the time and it didnt run nearly as smooth(and that @#$% was a hot mess at launch as well).  I never got a shot at it on the console but lets just say when i played it on PC for a little I was dissapointed friends talked me into getting the PC version.  I believe it was well know also at the time that the Ghosts PC version was just terrible.  People started getting banned cause of 3rd party FOV cause they didnt add support.

So its not that i hated COD Ghosts for the game it self as more for the platform I tried it on.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:14 PM - 10/25/16 »
People hated Ghosts because of its trip mine, Riley, and map design promoting camping like no other COD. On top of that the performance on PS4 made it nearly unplayable.

I think AW is a COD that deserves less hate than it gets. Certainly has its fair share of problems and I've complained about it on here countless of times but once they fixed up the netcode and most (definitely not all) glitches it was a lot of fun. I like its boost system way more than either BO3 or IW. To this day when I see an enemy running in front of me in BO3 I still get the compulsion to boost jump forward and land into a slide to catch up to them.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:20 AM - 10/26/16 »
That moment when you think you can boost jump and slide while playing MW XD

Offline combo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04:04 AM - 10/26/16 »
@philashio I agree with them problems in ffa on ghosts but on dominantation with friends none of them were problems for us.

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:47 AM - 10/26/16 »
IMO Castle and a few others were great maps.

The reason I asay "since ghosts" was NOT because Ghosts was the end all be all game.. but because it was the last COD to NOT have double jump.

They have much improved the double jump since AW.  They removed the wall hang, and the mid air stationary hover crap....thank goodness.
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #20 on: 06:14 AM - 10/28/16 »
Played more.  Bo3 is far better imho.  This game feels redundant if anything.  The RM is my salvation...

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:56 PM - 10/28/16 »
I'm expecting great SP from it. 

Offline DrCube

• PC > Console
    • View Profile
    • Tass Times in Game Land
« Reply #22 on: 08:06 PM - 10/31/16 »
Best since Ghosts? Pffft. That game was garbage. My most hated CoD. There are very few games I would say that I hate, but that was one of them. I...hated...that game.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #23 on: 06:42 AM - 11/01/16 »
^^^^^^^  This!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:06 AM - 11/01/16 »
Loved ghosts. Advanced warfare was the worst by far for me.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
« Reply #25 on: 05:03 PM - 11/04/16 »
IW is crap.  It should be called Black Ops 2.9  Total crap game.  But I got it for COD4.
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06:18 PM - 11/04/16 »
IW  is pretty bad so far but its still not as bad as MW.  For the first time since ive been a console gamer i actually prefer Battlefield to CoD

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:23 AM - 11/05/16 »
Meh, I like it. Quite a bit even. One thing that sets it apart from BO3 is that some of the maps are actually designed with boosting in mind. BO3 seems like they came up with boosting at the last minute and threw in some areas that you can wall run on. IW actually has flanking routes within the middle that can only be accessed by doing parkour. Also, I don't know why its unique visual style didn't come through in the beta but it does in the release version.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:05 AM - 11/05/16 »
Personally think the maps are woeful from what ive seen so far.  Every game also feels like a sweat fest MLG effort and im only playing TDM at the minute.

Every man and his dog are also doing weird AW style boost jump movements which are annoyin as the tracking doesn't seem to work that well from a server perspective but maybe i just had a bad night from that point.

I wont write it off yet but those are my 1st full release impressions

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #29 on: 04:13 AM - 11/05/16 »
I ended up caving and buying the game, the complete package.  I know wasted money on all three shooters of the holiday season (Just kidding I like them all, more so considering FPS games are the reason to own a XIM).

--------------

I like IW more than I expected.  I came into it with low expectations and have been pleasantly surprised.  Sadly I might like CoD more than the new Battlefield this time around... though they offer different experiences.

My only hope is to see a proper competitive ladder system like we have had in previous CoD games.  I won't be touching MW4 until the ST is complete.  No matter what current CoD ST I use it feels sluggish and as though I am dragging a mouse cursor through mud.

Right now I am just trying to decide which gun I want to focus on unlocking first.