XIM Community

2 Questions :D  (Read 290 times)

Offline hisashiburi

• View Profile
2 Questions :D
« on: 03:32 AM - 10/21/16 »
1). what are the Advantages/Disadvantages of using Xim4

2). Anyone know the price of shipping to Australia? an how long it takes to get here? estimate time.

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Questions :D
« Reply #1 on: 04:53 AM - 10/21/16 »
The biggest advantage is glaring, those that are used to keyboard and mouse will be able to game on the console with some competency. A pretty big deal considering the number of friends that play console compared to PC.

Dis-advantage, games with a fixed auto-aim are troublesome for m/kb players, you do not have full range of motion with WASD that a stick gives you. Some use pads that have a stick though in order to get that range of motion.

Most games are never fully PC like in movement, though others are pretty @#$% close and the videos some of the users here post show it.
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: 2 Questions :D
« Reply #2 on: 06:35 AM - 10/21/16 »
I've never had a problem with WASD, so discount that as a disadvantage, particularly if you come from a PC background. Alternatively, use a Sony Nav controller...analog movement problem solved.

If you suck at controller but are good with a mouse, the advantages are obvious...accurate aim.

Disadvantages are game-specific - some have better turn-speed limits than others. Advanced settings like Ballistics Curves can overcome that somewhat, but it'll never feel 100% PC-like. 95% is near enough.

Aim assist can be considered an advantage, or a disadvantage, depending on whether or not you "feel the bubble". Some folks have a little trouble breaking into it, Ballistics will help there again.

I'm in Brisbane. Shipping is what it is from the US, add the Xim4 to the cart to find out. I can't recall how long it took, but it was well worth the wait.
« Last Edit: 06:55 AM - 10/21/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin