XIM Community

Suggestion: Multiple Turn Assist Buttons  (Read 2564 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Multiple Turn Assist Buttons
« Reply #15 on: 08:43 PM - 07/29/17 »
Hmmm ... I could have sworn I used TA before as I described, but you're right I can't get it to work now. That must be why I decided to swap the sticks for comorse. Anyways, I noticed the Division has a free trial right now so I downloaded it to see what was up. After playing for a little while and messing around with the wheel system I have to assume you don't have any extra buttons on your mouse that you can utilize just for TA. I just assigned TA to an extra button and had no issues. So assuming you can't or don't want to do that, my suggestion is to create 3-4 Subconfigs (one for each wheel activation) then within the Sub assign TA to a button that's really easy to hold and move the mouse around. I personally found Right Click was the simplest option. So I simply press and hold Dpad 1,2,3 or 4 to activate the Sub then press and hold RC to activate TA.

Works really well for me, Hope that helps.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline laforr77

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: swerve_gotti
« Reply #16 on: 09:02 PM - 07/29/17 »
That is my current solution; 3 subconfigs, each with a button for TA. It works, but just a bit awkward (selection wheels are already awkward and having to press/hold two buttons just exacerbates that lol).

I appreciate you trying to help; hopefully the bug gets fixed at some point.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:08 PM - 07/29/17 »
You might want to get a mouse with more buttons lol.. with the 502 I just assigned TA to an extra button and went without subs. I didn't play very long though so maybe I'm missing something I may need that button for later.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline laforr77

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:12 PM - 07/29/17 »
I have a G700S... it's got a good amount of buttons. The issue is having to press two buttons for one function instead of one. When the button for opening the wheel is overloaded with the TA function, it just feels so much better lol.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:14 PM - 07/29/17 »
I hear ya
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline laforr77

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:23 AM - 02/08/19 »
With Apex Legends releasing and itís use of radial menus, and The Division 2 on the horizon, is it possible to revisit this bug where Turn Assist canít be activated inside of a subconfig with the same button that activated the subconfig?

If this was ever addressed, radial menu navigation would be greatly improved.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:17 PM - 02/08/19 »
There is many many games that use dial's controls.

It will be great improvement if we have an option like this:

So now we can enter on toggle or hold to a subconfig where our mouse is going to be on turn assist, for easy dial selection without having to hold an extra key.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:07 PM - 02/21/19 »
There is many many games that use dial's controls.

It will be great improvement if we have an option like this:

So now we can enter on toggle or hold to a subconfig where our mouse is going to be on turn assist, for easy dial selection without having to hold an extra key.

I agree and it would also be nice to have additional auxiliaries or multiple activation keys for the same auxiliary.  Having 3 dial menus in Apex Legends leaves little room for additional customization.