XIM Community

New Overwatch ST following new controller aim mode patch?  (Read 21314 times)

Offline liter

• View Profile
Re: New Overwatch ST following new controller aim mode patch?
« Reply #30 on: 12:42 AM - 10/12/16 »
For testing purposes, I went into the practice area and loaded other ST's while aiming at a square surface. If I use the OW ST, when I try to make fixed length movements with my mouse, vertical and horizontal distance are not correlated to the distance traveled in the diagonals. But then when I load a BF4 ST, it's back to how it used to feel.
I used the Old default (exponential ramp).
Aim Assist on or off didn't appear to make a lot of difference. 
PS4 | FW: XIM4Flash-20160624-STEADYAIM1.exe | M: G502 Proteus Spectrum | K: Ewent EW3102 numpad | Overwatch & BF1

Offline shinyelve

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:53 AM - 10/12/16 »
Question at OBsIV:

I set back my ingame options to the old standard.
For the mouse it felt a bit slower in turning speed, but seems I am not the only one with this issues.

But there ist another thing:

I am using a Logitech G13 and for moving, the analog joystick.

Yesterday it felt like moving with the joystick is not like it was before the patch. It was a little bit spongy.
My question:
Could the Overwatch patch also affect the controlling with the analog joystick?
PS4 Pro Xim4 Logitech G13 G502 Tritton 720+

Offline arthred

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03:15 AM - 10/12/16 »
I would love to have a new ST or something like that the new aiming system feels sooo bad man ( in comparison )  :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goaty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:22 AM - 10/12/16 »
the new controller mode feels weird. Felt like i was drunk and then I realised that the patch might have made the new mode default  ;)

Have only played the event after I changed it back to the old setting so not really experienced differences with the old settings yet

Offline arthred

• View Profile
New Overwatch ST following new controller aim mode patch?
« Reply #34 on: 03:25 AM - 10/12/16 »
I don't know I'm a Tracer Main and played a few quick plays and it feels like my aiming gets slower and more unprecise when I'm tracking the targets :/ ( exponential ramp )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MohJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:48 AM - 10/12/16 »
Something is seriously wrong with exponential ramp. It is not the same as the old pre-patch aim mechanic. Like other said, you will notice this especially when trying to do diagonal movements.

The new dual zone mechanic is obviously much worse and completely unpredictable.

A new ST is urgently needed.

Offline zaphodthegrate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: zaphodthegrate
  • PSN ID: zaphodthegrate
« Reply #36 on: 04:55 AM - 10/12/16 »
@fufibun

I'm glad there's someone else out there that seems to agree with me that there is no change between prepatch and postpatch exponential ramp.  Honestly I think it's all just confirmation bias.  I believe Blizzard's intent in having the old standard as a selectable option was that it would remain unchanged.  Why would they keep an older option and change it, too?

I played all day, and while it was definitely jittery on Dual-Zone, Exponential Ramp feels exactly the same.  I tested in the training area going all directions, diagonals included, and I experienced no alleged 'curveball' diagonals.  I use default settings (EDIT: default XIM settings)  for the most part, in case that makes a difference.

Unfortunately, we won't really be able to produce any physical evidence from prepatch, so people will probably keep believing it is different and whining about it.

If there is a change, the XIM devs will probably be the ones to find it.
« Last Edit: 05:07 AM - 10/12/16 by zaphodthegrate »

Offline Size

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05:55 AM - 10/12/16 »
@fufibun

I'm glad there's someone else out there that seems to agree with me that there is no change between prepatch and postpatch exponential ramp.  Honestly I think it's all just confirmation bias.  I believe Blizzard's intent in having the old standard as a selectable option was that it would remain unchanged.  Why would they keep an older option and change it, too?

I played all day, and while it was definitely jittery on Dual-Zone, Exponential Ramp feels exactly the same.  I tested in the training area going all directions, diagonals included, and I experienced no alleged 'curveball' diagonals.  I use default settings (EDIT: default XIM settings)  for the most part, in case that makes a difference.

Unfortunately, we won't really be able to produce any physical evidence from prepatch, so people will probably keep believing it is different and whining about it.

If there is a change, the XIM devs will probably be the ones to find it.

If you dont think you feel a change thats fine but I can assure you there was a HUGE change and 95% of people using XIM can notice it. You're also 2100SR and when you play at Master+ that slight change is the difference between making huge plays to win the game and losing by a hair. Not trying to fight with you but people are upset and concerned, including myself, by this update. Its' a bump in the road but the XIM community is VERY active and those responsible for the forums and the updates are ALWAYS aware what is going on. Maybe you will be convinced once they release a fix to this problem. They already know and acknowledged themselves that a tweak is in order.

Offline zaphodthegrate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: zaphodthegrate
  • PSN ID: zaphodthegrate
« Reply #38 on: 06:26 AM - 10/12/16 »
@Size

Hey bub - that's 2150.  No but seriously, I will be convinced if the XIM team finds something.  I'm convinced by data, not by people's feelings.  Blizzard made the dang game and said it's supposed to be the same.  I have no reason to doubt their credibility.  I have every reason to doubt the all-complaining and exaggerating masses on the internet, especially when it disagrees with my own experience.

The XIM devs probably have tons of data.  Whatever they find will be well-founded.

Offline chos3n_one

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:00 AM - 10/12/16 »
@Size

Hey bub - that's 2150.  No but seriously, I will be convinced if the XIM team finds something.  I'm convinced by data, not by people's feelings.  Blizzard made the dang game and said it's supposed to be the same.  I have no reason to doubt their credibility.  I have every reason to doubt the all-complaining and exaggerating masses on the internet, especially when it disagrees with my own experience.

The XIM devs probably have tons of data.  Whatever they find will be well-founded.

Uhh...there has been a change to the aiming system. Almost everyone can feel it. You must play with a really high sens, which is why you don't notice it. Aiming diagonally is noticeably slower than aiming in a straight line vertically or horizontally. Try to do a big circle with the mouse and it starts to jump around.

This isn't an emotions thing. This is very real. You're just not able to see it.

Offline HiddenBros

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:12 AM - 10/12/16 »
Are you basing that percentage from the Halloween brawl? Those bots all move predictably, have giant hitboxes, and don't fire back.  My accuracy is through the roof with McCree as well, but that's because it's as if I'm on the practice range, shooting at the training bots instead of actual unpredictable players with smaller hitboxes/hurtboxes.

Brawl accuracy was around 70%, quick play was around 60%, both of which are higher than I usually get with McCree.

I can definitely tell that something's changed but I had to pay attention to notice it. Different yes, needing a retrain maybe, unplayable no.

Offline Size

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:29 AM - 10/12/16 »
@Size

Uhh...there has been a change to the aiming system. Almost everyone can feel it. You must play with a really high sens, which is why you don't notice it. Aiming diagonally is noticeably slower than aiming in a straight line vertically or horizontally. Try to do a big circle with the mouse and it starts to jump around.

This isn't an emotions thing. This is very real. You're just not able to see it.

Zap, post your sens I bet its high as well. When you play with lower sens, the smallest change can have a big impact. Right now I feel like im pushing a rock across my mouse pad when I was on an absolute tear before this update yesterday. Thats why people are 'whining' about this because its a big effect on people. Turnspeed is so important, in my opinion its the basis for your aiming. If you aren't moving comfortably or how you used to, there will be a huge difference. I'm sorry to keep bringing this up but at 2150 these changes we all complain about dont have much effect.

Griever

« Reply #42 on: 08:44 AM - 10/12/16 »
I am also experiencing these diagonal aim issues since the new patch (and yes I'm using the old aim system).

Just wondering as I also switched to the experimental test firmware #2 during this interval, is it to do with that? What firmware are you all running?

Wahab

« Reply #43 on: 08:48 AM - 10/12/16 »
before the patch came
i used to play widow in competitive and get very high accuarcy
im also one of the top comp widow's
and now it's impossible to get a kill with widow
cuz its hard to flick
also with mcree i used to get every game 60%+
and now i cant even kill a tracer 😀

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09:09 AM - 10/12/16 »
I am also experiencing these diagonal aim issues since the new patch (and yes I'm using the old aim system).

Just wondering as I also switched to the experimental test firmware #2 during this interval, is it to do with that? What firmware are you all running?

your firmware and the official one are on the same translator, also the steady aim doesnt change that much in regards to how the mouse performs :)

the game feels off with either of the two firmwares
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin