XIM Community

How hard is XIM4's mouse setup compared to Cronus max?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
Hi I currently own a cronus max and after countless hours/days cannot get it to work any good, left to right fine but up/down or any other direction but left to right is weird and i cant figure out what to do which is why i am here asking this before i click buy on xim4.
What i'm wondering is what the mouse setup is like for xim4?
I'm guessing you know what cronus mouse setup is like with deadzone etc...
Ive watched some youtube videos and see no mention of a mouse setup like cronus max which leads me to wonder.
if someone could explain what the setup is like for xim4 (surely it isn't just plug and adjust sensitivity?)
only wondering about the mouse part not plugging things in,keyboard etc. just mouse to function as close to pc as possible.

If someone could help it would be awesome.

Games i play is Call of duty.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How hard is XIM4's mouse setup compared to Cronus max?
« Reply #1 on: 03:49 AM - 10/11/16 »
Zero effort. Plug and play man. No scripts like CM.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Azoric
« Reply #2 on: 04:44 AM - 10/11/16 »
Yup just plug and play but don't take the ease of it as a sign of its lack of function. Instead of having to do it all yourself hardware has been pre supported for you. There is a hardware compatibility list which is huge and covers most peripherals you might have. You can tweak how the mouse responds in the manager app with various different setting but to get a 1:1 mouse feel (obviously with the console turn limits) you just simply need to plug it in.

Your CM isn't in the same league as the XIM4. It's my best purchase for a console i have ever made. You are not only buying the product but you are also buying into a very active and helpful support forum.
Mice: G403 Prodigy, G502 Spectrum, G402 Hyperion Fury, Razer Deathadder Chroma, FinalMouse Scream One, FinalMouse Classic Ergo 2 (2017).
Keyboards: Corsair K65 RGB LUX, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma, Sony NAV
Console: XBOX ONE
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
XIM4 running SA5 PD
Amazon Basics USB 2.0 powered Hub

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
« Reply #3 on: 04:54 AM - 10/11/16 »
Thanks for the responses i just bought from the xim4 store.
I just needed to be sure i wanst buying something better but just as hard to setup.

Ive had my cronus max for a year now ,i somehow managed to get used to a setup on the CM when i first got it  but after an update it ruined my settings. it caused a big enough headache the first time setting it up  but now i cant get it right no matter what.

i only went CM for M/K as i didn't feel right spending a few hundred on something i was 100% would suit me.
with the CM my K/d on black ops 3 was around the 3.00 mark the entire year even with a mouse setup that sucked but i got used to.

Can't wait for it now :)
Thankyou

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09:03 AM - 10/11/16 »
Welcome to the community. Mouse translation is (and always has been) XIM's absolute main focus to produce the best possible result with lowest customer involvement. We do have "advanced" settings which I always recommend never using. Be sure to check out our instructional videos too and let us know if you have any questions.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.