XIM Community

M/KB being unbanned in competitive!?  (Read 6016 times)

Offline zapdospkmn

• View Profile
    • ZapdosPKMN Live Stream
  • Gamertag: dN Zapdos
Re: M/KB being unbanned in competitive!?
« Reply #15 on: 01:46 PM - 09/30/16 »
Your idea would only work for LANs though. Most keyboarders would play in the controller league if it was online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct it would only work in LAN tournaments but even now MLG and UMG has said that without actual proof of KB/M play there's not a lot they can do about it.

Also with the TAC pro being released I believe we may see a vast growth in the number of Pro and semi-pro teams competing in online tournament play for a spot at major LAN tournaments because Sony is allowing it to be used which I think is awesome.

Interestingly enough look at the Chronos Max. it was banned then controller connection and chat issues began and they integrated it into tournament play at LAN. With the TAC pro theoretically we should be able to take a XIM4 in to a LAN and have it accepted because essential it has the same function as the TAC Pro just with better GUI and device options. even the Chronos Max is advertised as being able to use your KB/M for playing games but they still allowed it at COD Champs and UMG events.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 02:05 PM - 09/30/16 »
It is yet to be seen if the TAC Pro has good mouse translation -- as of right now given what we know about this product line it won't be good.

Concerning this: They're too stubborn and immature to switch because of their hatred towards M/KB players.

It's because controller is the standard for consoles.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline G502DoBeHeavy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:46 PM - 09/30/16 »
It is yet to be seen if the TAC Pro has good mouse translation -- as of right now given what we know about this product line it won't be good.

Concerning this: They're too stubborn and immature to switch because of their hatred towards M/KB players.

It's because controller is the standard for consoles.

I think if you can get MLG to accept it, aka with money. As that's what they've done in the past when Scuf's were banned. Then I think that would change the tide of this battle and possibly change competitive gaming forever. Kind of crazy to think about how big XIM has become in the cod competitive scene and how many people know about it.

However now that TAC is in the mix idk if XIM could butt in there between Sony. Either way, one of the kb/m devies gets "legalized" it's only a matter of time before more will be. Change is certainly coming.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:14 PM - 09/30/16 »
what i read out of this topic is that i need to buy more XIM stocks before microsoft realizes they need to team up with XIM right? ;P ;P

as for LANs, with some solder skills im sure its possible to fit a XIM pcb into a TAC case with the TAC keyboard and mouse connected to the XIM
that way everyone things you play with the licensed adapter but its actually a XIM
« Last Edit: 10:12 PM - 09/30/16 by Od1n »
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline zapdospkmn

• View Profile
    • ZapdosPKMN Live Stream
  • Gamertag: dN Zapdos
« Reply #19 on: 11:53 AM - 10/02/16 »
what i read out of this topic is that i need to buy more XIM stocks before microsoft realizes they need to team up with XIM right? ;P ;P

as for LANs, with some solder skills im sure its possible to fit a XIM pcb into a TAC case with the TAC keyboard and mouse connected to the XIM
that way everyone things you play with the licensed adapter but its actually a XIM

I like your idea of outfiting the TAC Pro with the XIM PCB.

Question is could we then modify that even further such as using better MX switches, better joysticks, mice out fitted to look like the TAC Pro mouse etc.

That is why I love the XIm because I can choose the devices I feel the most comfortable with and the ones that I trust for reliability and response.

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Blakkpatron
  • PSN ID: Blakkpatron
« Reply #20 on: 06:38 AM - 10/03/16 »
if they start allowing mouse&keyboard to be used at mlg events, they might as well just switch to pc all together.
there's just no point staying on consoles then.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #21 on: 06:51 AM - 10/03/16 »
If a market truly develops, I think it will be interesting to see what happens if someone backs up a dump truck full of money in front of OBsIV's house.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline lopelpicks

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:11 PM - 10/03/16 »
I agree with Blakk. Why are we so inviting to this idea? At that point why would competitions even include consoles? What I like about the xim is the advantage it offers me above controller players. If EVERYONE could use a kb\mouse then what is the point?

Another thing for some of you to note is that most of you have gotten better because of the xim and the fact that you have been using a better tool gives you an advantage. When this gets more popular and pros start using kb\mouse on consoles and competitions most of you will get @#$% on.

Obsv has a great product here and I'm all for him to make as much money as he can. His product deserves it but the bottom line is that if kb\mouse becomes popular on console it can kill the xim. All Microsoft and Sony will have to do is create native kb\mouse use and try to eliminate competition. In the beginning they will struggle but eventually they can possibly make something better than a xim.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: 04:39 PM - 10/03/16 »
All Microsoft and Sony will have to do is create native kb\mouse use and try to eliminate competition. In the beginning they will struggle but eventually they can possibly make something better than a xim.

Sony consoles have had native m/kb for close to a decade. Most console gamers don't want it, so most developers don't implement it.
« Last Edit: 04:49 PM - 10/03/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline lopelpicks

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:44 PM - 10/03/16 »
If it gets mainstream Sony and Microsoft might get serious and create a superior product. Doubt it though since it doesn't make much sense on console. I just don't understand the excitement from some people here. The xim offers us an advantage that other than someone with a disability is the big selling point behind the product.

Offline trigg

• View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: XIM Trigg
M/KB being unbanned in competitive!?
« Reply #25 on: 01:11 PM - 10/04/16 »
if they start allowing mouse&keyboard to be used at mlg events, they might as well just switch to pc all together.
there's just no point staying on consoles then.

Consoles are $300-500. A decent PC can cost $800+. The reason why people play on console is because they can't afford a PC. You're going to have a higher player base on the cheap and affordable console, and more players means more opportunity to make more money towards their expansions and updates.

To put it short, Activision will make less money if they switch the competitive to PC.

If it gets mainstream Sony and Microsoft might get serious and create a superior product. Doubt it though since it doesn't make much sense on console. I just don't understand the excitement from some people here. The xim offers us an advantage that other than someone with a disability is the big selling point behind the product.

I've always enjoyed competition, and if everyone is equal it makes the game more fun. You can't have fun if you know you'll win every time. Losing makes the game feel more impactful and motivates you to try harder and be better.
« Last Edit: 01:32 PM - 10/04/16 by trigg »
Competitive Call of Duty player.

Setup:
-Razer Tartarus keypad
-Razer Deathadder mouse

Social Media:
-Twitter: @XIM_Trigg

Offline Archer444

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:51 PM - 10/06/16 »
I agree with Blakk. Why are we so inviting to this idea? At that point why would competitions even include consoles? What I like about the xim is the advantage it offers me above controller players. If EVERYONE could use a kb\mouse then what is the point?

Another thing for some of you to note is that most of you have gotten better because of the xim and the fact that you have been using a better tool gives you an advantage. When this gets more popular and pros start using kb\mouse on consoles and competitions most of you will get @#$% on.

Obsv has a great product here and I'm all for him to make as much money as he can. His product deserves it but the bottom line is that if kb\mouse becomes popular on console it can kill the xim. All Microsoft and Sony will have to do is create native kb\mouse use and try to eliminate competition. In the beginning they will struggle but eventually they can possibly make something better than a xim.

I have to disagree with you, and Blakk. The use of consoles places everyone on an equal level- hardware wise (not including m/kb adapters). Your $10k PC gaming rig no longer has an advantage over the guy with integrated graphics on his entry-level laptop...

If anything, I can see a positive movement of M/KB players preferring to use a console for competitive play/tournaments. It's the main reason I switched back to console. I got sick and tired of constantly upgrading equipment, not to mention constantly adjusting my PC settings, game settings, mouse settings, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately, I can't use a controller to save my life- and that's why I bought a XIM. Life is much easier now that I simply click 'play' to enjoy my games.

On a side note- I had to laugh at the 'bought the XIM for the advantage it gives you over controllers' comment. My friend thought the same thing- that he was just going to wreck everyone on console, only to find out that there are actually some @#$% good controller players. They knocked him right off his high horse!  ;D

Offline lopelpicks

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:10 PM - 10/06/16 »
That's your friend . One guy. A huge percentage of people play with a mouse on console for the advantage plain and simple.

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Blakkpatron
  • PSN ID: Blakkpatron
« Reply #28 on: 04:17 PM - 10/06/16 »
why do people here think pc gaming is so @#$% expensive?
fact of the matter is you can buy a pc for the same price you pay for a console these days, and the pc will have better specs.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05:30 PM - 10/06/16 »
why do people here think pc gaming is so @#$% expensive?
fact of the matter is you can buy a pc for the same price you pay for a console these days, and the pc will have better specs.

no it wont
you cannot buy a pc that has equal or even better specs than eg the playstation pro for 400
when you pick pc parts for that price you need to consider that a console can pretty much get twice the power out of the system than a pc can
so eg the playstation pros 4,24 tflop gpu in pc terms would be a 8,5 tflops gpu which is in the region of a gtx 980 ti that alone costs more than the playstation pro

here a source for that claim by carmack who obviously knows what hes saying

PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central