XIM Community

Need Macro Recording Keyboard  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Soberdash

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soberdash
Need Macro Recording Keyboard
« on: 01:49 PM - 09/18/16 »
XIM3 user here looking to pick up the newest XIM4 product with my recent purchase of the xbox one and i have been looking into a few different keyboards and mice and im here looking to find some answers.

Currently im using the razer black widow and razer death adder. Both have served me well but im interested in trying something new. The one feature im not ready to lose is the on the fly macro recording that my razer black widow has. I have looked into Logitech and Corsair but im open to any options. I like the minimalist looks of the G810 and STRAFE but im open to anything that is mechanical and has the on the fly macro recording like my black widow since i play both pc and console.

When it comes to the mouse im thinking about trying the G403 when it releases. Im not a fan of the crazy shapes of most Logitech mice so when i saw this i was excited to try it. Its similar enough to my death adders shape and thats good enough for me.

Any recommendations would be great. I checked the hardware page but didn't see anything on the G810. Is it compatible with the XIM4 ? Ill have to wait for the G403 to release but im sure it will work.

Also does anyone have any experience with the  Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X and would they work on console. Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Need Macro Recording Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 02:45 PM - 09/18/16 »
Welcome to the community. As long as it has onboard memory and doesn't require to be connected to a PC in order for macros to function, it should work. If the keyboard isn't recognized by XIM4, then, we will address.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:58 AM - 09/19/16 »
On-board storage keyboards are quite limited - I think Corsair and Logitech are driver based for most (if not all?) of their boards.  IE, macros won't carry over to the XIM.  Does your blackwidow carry over?  I didn't know those had on-board memory.

My board, the Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro-S has on the fly macro recording.  It is through keystrokes and stores to on-board.  The software suite allows lighting profiles, but no macro recording.  I haven't used the feature though...so I can't comment on the ease of use.  It also doesn't have dedicated macro keys, so you'd have to set up a profile that assigns macros to existing keys (F1 for example).

Offline AS676

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: llIlI-_-lIlll
« Reply #3 on: 08:36 PM - 10/03/19 »
Welcome to the community. As long as it has onboard memory and doesn't require to be connected to a PC in order for macros to function, it should work. If the keyboard isn't recognized by XIM4, then, we will address.

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I knew you would be the person most informed on this. So let me get to the point. My macros on my Corsair K95 platinum donít work on the XIM yet they work on pc. (FYI: it has onboard memory)
Corsair K95 Platinum
Bloody TL90
Corsair MM600
Rode NT-USB
240 Volt FuckMaster Pro 8000 blowup latex doll with 13 speed pulsating vagina, elasticized anus with non-drip semen collection tray , together with optional built in realistic Dolby Atmos orgasm scream surround sound system

Offline Mqny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:09 PM - 06/30/20 »
Hello, I add a macro on my razer blackwidow 2016 on ę Razer Synapse app Ľ (the macro is for crouching automatically when I active the macro) so I put the macro on F11 and F12 for deactivate. When I plug my keyboard and mouse back into the xim, it doesn't work. I donít know why. Someone can help me ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 01:17 PM - 06/30/20 »
Hello, I add a macro on my razer blackwidow 2016 on ę Razer Synapse app Ľ (the macro is for crouching automatically when I active the macro) so I put the macro on F11 and F12 for deactivate. When I plug my keyboard and mouse back into the xim, it doesn't work. I donít know why. Someone can help me ?

Welcome to the community. Most mice and keyboards with macro support actually have that macro support in their PC-side drivers.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:41 PM - 06/30/20 »
Hello, I add a macro on my razer blackwidow 2016 on ę Razer Synapse app Ľ (the macro is for crouching automatically when I active the macro) so I put the macro on F11 and F12 for deactivate. When I plug my keyboard and mouse back into the xim, it doesn't work. I donít know why. Someone can help me ?

Please contact the Razer support and ask them if your keyboard has onboard memory. If it has then ask them how to save your macro onto the onboard memory.
Only with onboard memory your macro will carry over to the XIM. Without onboard memory your macro will only work while your keyboard is connected to the PC (see Obsivs answer above).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay