XIM Community

How to optimize Responsiveness and Aim Assist maneuverability (20190810)  (Read 150610 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
RML,
Thanks for being one of most helpful contributors in the community.

I was checking out your new curves and guidance though did not see you mention anything regarding  SAB. I could have missed it but do you have any suggestions on how SAB could impact the curve? Do you prefer SAB off?

I'm a couch gamer, so 90% of the time I use a NAV. I did some testing awhile back and I preferred SAB off. However, I'm no fan of strong Aim Assist. During my testing (which was limited), AA felt stronger with SAB active. The higher the value the worse it became.

My testing though was in regards to Fortnite and the issues people were having at the time with possible KB detection in game.

ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Updated with latest AAA curves.

Brand new set!
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Mikaeldias86

• View Profile
Tnhx a Lot RML. I'll try this one, need to update the firmware first.

by the way, for ur full config (copy/paste), i need to put the mouse on 12k DPi and SYNC OFF, right?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Tnhx a Lot RML. I'll try this one, need to update the firmware first.

by the way, for ur full config (copy/paste), i need to put the mouse on 12k DPi and SYNC OFF, right?

Hey Mikaeldias86,

First off.. WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!

You donít have to use 12,000 dpi or any of my settings if you donít want to. The curves will work with any settings. To optimize Aim Assist to how I like it. Those are the settings I use though. The curves will still limit AA, just maybe just not as much.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
Note: To quickly identify the updated section I've noted it below and separated it with a line break.

This whole comment & update needs to be the splash page for new users (me being one), it REALLY helped man!

This community is insanely good, but there were two micro-details that I found puzzling me - the guide videos are A1, but cos of all the new stuff i was learning my brain hurt, and i needed a "crash course" so I could find my bearings and not get all cranky. I didn't know what the @#$% mouse dpi was when i bought my apex, "ummm .. is it kind of like more sensitivity but @#$%" xD and ^this post sums it up well.

2nd thing may just be me but I had a little trouble when some posts (like D1sable's awesome settings threads) would be 30 pages long with all the comments etc (which is fine) but then they'd get updated, and I was never sure if the 1st page from waay back had actually been updated.. It's trivial, I know, (also I'm @#$% about up to date feedback and tips) but remember some of us are BRAND new.
Plus I paid AUD$200 sight-unseen for my apex 100% because of the reputation you guys have for support here, (earned) so I thought I'd just throw it in to help make @#$% keep on winning.
PS if ne1's gearing up with a "learn how forums work dipshit" reply, eat a dick, there's no sub charges for xim, so new $ are important.

and that's enough @#$%-kissing, get back to fixing why i keep running diagonally in Legends ffs
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Hello rml , i am trying to fight the aim assist in destiny 2, my hip config seems fine. I raised the polling rate of the xim and my mouse to 1000hz , movements feels a lot more fluid , I wanted to know whether boost value will change according to the different dpiís or will it remain constant gamewise

Boost manually inflates the Dead Zone which would be consistent across any dpi range. Dpi should only effect your sensitivity. Higher dpi values will make your movements more responsive, some may term this as jittery. To me itís responsiveness that can help you over come the AA slowdown effect.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
Just change your sens until it feels the same as before. Itís AA your fighting

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Tried your curves , works really  well !  Turn speed is just amazing. Just worried about the fact that will using curves hamper my muscle memory because i generally run  similar sensitivity on all the games i play . Thank you for the curves  again

If you're concerned about muscle memory that you've already established then you can try only using the curve with ADS. I have gone through a ton of curves over the years though and MM has never been a problem for me. I just plug in the curve and adjust my sensitivities to what I'm used to, or close to it.

Updated the OP with a brand new curve set, similar to the last but optimized!
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Corpsefr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MrRabitt
Hello! I want to try your AAA curve because the aim assist on paladins is so bugged and so strong, but I can't past it on my ballistic curve (the 20191008 curve) , it say error, if u know why? Thanks for all :)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Hello! I want to try your AAA curve because the aim assist on paladins is so bugged and so strong, but I can't past it on my ballistic curve (the 20191008 curve) , it say error, if u know why? Thanks for all :)

These codes should work with any firmware on Apex
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline lmulli

• View Profile

These codes should work with any firmware on Apex

Same here, doesn't work with latest beta firmware.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Strange, I'll check these when I get a chance.

Thanks
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline chimerajr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: illustriouscreed
RML,
Thanks for being one of most helpful contributors in the community.

I was checking out your new curves and guidance though did not see you mention anything regarding  SAB. I could have missed it but do you have any suggestions on how SAB could impact the curve? Do you prefer SAB off?

I'm a couch gamer, so 90% of the time I use a NAV. I did some testing awhile back and I preferred SAB off. However, I'm no fan of strong Aim Assist. During my testing (which was limited), AA felt stronger with SAB active. The higher the value the worse it became.

My testing though was in regards to Fortnite and the issues people were having at the time with possible KB detection in game.

Hey RML how do you make sprint automatic using the nav instead of clicking the thumbstick to activate it

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
I don't play Apex Legends.  ;)
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline chimerajr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: illustriouscreed
I don't play Apex Legends.  ;)

im looking for auto sprint on the NAV for destiny 2,