XIM Community

NEW XIM USER KB\M KILLING ME  (Read 910 times)

Offline chase2032

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: chase22422
  • PSN ID: drakefan
NEW XIM USER KB\M KILLING ME
« on: 07:23 AM - 09/10/16 »
Hey new to this first post. Just got a xim been using it two days. Having a little issue new to mouse and keyboard
i know it should be easier and i guess aiming is but movement is killing me. like having to turn to an enemy while backing up i just cant do it. The idea of wall running or pointing and shooting all at the same time just seeems impossible right now. ive read over post about it being best was to play but right now looking bad.
« Last Edit: 07:28 AM - 09/10/16 by chase2032 »

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
Re: NEW XIM USER KB\M KILLING ME
« Reply #1 on: 08:28 AM - 09/10/16 »
Practice. A lot.

You'll get the hang of it, eventually. It's far more accurate than a joystick,  so you will be better in the long run

Offline chase2032

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: chase22422
  • PSN ID: drakefan
« Reply #2 on: 08:44 AM - 09/10/16 »
Yeah i am also noticing that i seam to be making alot more movement with my arm than most. its not fine wrist movements. i have a razar mouse i didnt up the dpi because i was getting conflicting info that standard dpi was ok dont turn it up. Maybe i should turn that up too.

Offline killawink64

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fouldeth
« Reply #3 on: 09:06 AM - 09/10/16 »
Some users use their whole arm, if it's comfy use it.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #4 on: 09:12 AM - 09/10/16 »
Yeah i am also noticing that i seam to be making alot more movement with my arm than most. its not fine wrist movements. i have a razar mouse i didnt up the dpi because i was getting conflicting info that standard dpi was ok dont turn it up. Maybe i should turn that up too.

I use between 3600-5200 DPI on most games. I prefer a medium to high sensitivity on fast paced shooters like Titanfall, COD, etc. I usually only move my arm if I'm doing a 180.

Offline G502DoBeHeavy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:36 PM - 09/10/16 »
If you went into a Twitch chat and mentioned MKB or XIM, they'd tell you the XIM auto aims for you and moves for you too. Little do they know it still takes coordination to use. Keep at it, you'll get used to it.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:22 PM - 09/10/16 »
Sounds like you should try the ps nav or just hold the controller in your left hand and use the left stick for movement and see if that feels better.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:44 AM - 09/11/16 »
Turn the dpi all the way up, tune sensitivity in xim manager. Sounds like you should experiment with bots.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #8 on: 12:55 AM - 09/13/16 »
All of the above, i will second the ps nav aswell though it seems like it may break the ice for you. Also mouse dpi is translated differnetly through the xim as opposed to pc so thats why most pc players will set 800 dpi and most ximmers will hit upwards of 5700 dpi.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up