XIM Community

PS4 Pro  (Read 9661 times)

Offline Ryoga

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 Pro
« Reply #45 on: 07:41 AM - 09/11/16 »
SCORPIO will be at the $499-599 price range. That's my guess....

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10:19 AM - 09/11/16 »
Fair price for the specs.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11:48 AM - 09/11/16 »
The price is really fair, you cant build a similar PC with a good controller like DS4/XB1 for that price, not even remotely close.

And if you can get it with a bundled game like UC4, BF1 or IW on black friday or in some other sale for 399 or maybe 10-20 dollars less, it would be a heck of a fantastic bundle for the price.

Now I will also get the scorpio, not right as it comes out but a bit later, although to be honest- there is no XB exclusive game that Im interested in, plus they usually come out on the PC a few months later. I dont really like or care about Halo, Gears and Forza and those are the biggest XB1 exclusives if Im not mistaking. Not to mention that the gears will probably also come out on the PC like Quantum Break.

PS4 however- Im really interested in games like UC4, Horizon, God of War, FF7 remake, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, next Last of Us etc.

I find it kinda funny when MS claims to have "best games" which is a truly comedical statement at this point. Unless Im missing something, all they really have is the 24th sequel of Halo, Forza and Gears other than that there are no big franchises left afaik.

If xb1 gets a nice exclusive game, Ill certainly get a scorpio, but so far- there isnt much there that caught my interest. I hope it changes though, because Scorpio will have a 4k bluray player built in, which would come in handy since the ps4 pro doesnt have it.

I think the ps4 pro is really worth the upgrade if you trade in your old ps4 or sell the old one. Upcoming first party games like Days Gone, Horizon, Detroit become human, FF7 will undoubtedly utilize the additional power of the ps4 pro to make the games look alot better.

If you dont have a ps4 yet and might be interested in getting one - its a nobrainer really, you should spend 100 dollars more for over 2x graphical power and a more future proof console with 4k streaming capability, plus beeing able to record gameplay locally or stream @1080p 60fps instead of 720p 30fps. If youre a new buyer, you cant spend the 100 bucks better than getting the ps4 pro over the slim.
« Last Edit: 11:57 AM - 09/11/16 by Santigold »

Offline lopelpicks

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09:26 AM - 09/19/16 »
I'm buying it since I no longer  have a ps4

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
« Reply #49 on: 05:31 PM - 09/19/16 »
I've sold my launch model PS4 for $325 (Canadian) and will be putting that towards the pro that is costing $500 up here in Canada.  That means I'm upgrading for $175... which makes the fact I am upgrading hardware after only 3 years sting a little less.

I highly suggest trying to pawn off your old PS4 before their value drops like a rock.

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Blakkpatron
  • PSN ID: Blakkpatron
« Reply #50 on: 06:32 AM - 09/20/16 »
The price is really fair, you cant build a similar PC with a good controller like DS4/XB1 for that price, not even remotely close.
thing is you wouldn't build a pc with a controller, you would build it with a mouse & keyboard.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10:07 AM - 09/20/16 »
I've sold my launch model PS4 for $325 (Canadian) and will be putting that towards the pro that is costing $500 up here in Canada.  That means I'm upgrading for $175... which makes the fact I am upgrading hardware after only 3 years sting a little less.

I highly suggest trying to pawn off your old PS4 before their value drops like a rock.

Would have done that but already promised my PS4 to a niece. I'll probably sell PS4 Pro to subsidize buying Scorpio.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline trigg

• View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: XIM Trigg
« Reply #52 on: 08:12 AM - 09/21/16 »
I would just get the Xbox S [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Competitive Call of Duty player.

Setup:
-Razer Tartarus keypad
-Razer Deathadder mouse

Social Media:
-Twitter: @XIM_Trigg

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01:15 PM - 09/21/16 »
I got the XB1s, and its upscaling to 4K is awesome!

also, Microsoft just released a press release saying they did not believe that the PS4 Pro would be powerful enough to do (true 4K) gaming....
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01:26 PM - 09/21/16 »
Yo Point, when using HDR mode for games and TV does it introduce latency VS non-HDR mode?

Can HDR mode be used on "Gaming/PC" mode with your tv?

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #55 on: 06:00 AM - 09/22/16 »
2 things

@spiicy

got the a tv with hdr and a forced hdr mode, not samsung like his but emulated hdr signifigantly increases input lag but native hdr from games etc should not also its a preset like gaming/pc mode so in gaming/pc mode it just uses native hdr

will try forza horizon 3 when it launches for real impressions though as thats the first game to support hdr

on ps4 and scorpio

will probably get the pro for the ps exclusives... @#$% exclusives... and for 400 dollars its a fine price thats for sure

on the fence on scorpio honestly, all ms's games are coming to pc these days and UWP cannot be hacked so you guys can't really cry hacks if you play uwp games like gears 4 on pc now...

scorpio seems for the people who don't get computer building honestly, about the same as a 1070 in tflops so i'd say it'd be an absolute steal for 600

quick edit-

if they make a xbox branded surface that plays pc/xbox games I will buy the ever living @#$% out of it

basically xbox NX is what I want from MS atm
« Last Edit: 06:06 AM - 09/22/16 by gahagafaka »
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #56 on: 02:52 PM - 10/02/16 »
I'll get the Pro, and will consider Scorpio down the line.   

But guys, don't fool yourselves -- ignore the marketing and know that the Scorpio is their next entry into the Console wars.  Not a souped up Xbox One.  (The S is the souped up version, fwiw). The Scorpio is going to be a whole new beast that is backwards comparable. 

Period. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09:07 PM - 10/02/16 »

Below are the tech specs for both the PS4 Pro and the re-designed "Slim" version of the PS4 released in September 2016.

Feature

PS4 Pro

PS4 (2016)

Release Date

November 10, 2016

September 15, 2016

Price

$399.99

Starts at $299.99
Dimensions

11.6 x 12.8 x 2.1

11.3 x 10.4 x 1.5

CPU

AMD Jaguar x86-64
8 Core processor

AMD Jaguar x86-64
8 Core processor

GPU

AMD Radeon
4.2 TFLOPs

AMD Radeon
1.84 TFLOPs

System Memory

8GB GDDR5

8GB GDDR5

Optical Port Out Yes No
Internal Storage

1TB

500GB / 1 TB

AV Output

HDMI / Optical

HDMI

Power Consumption

310w (max)

165w (max)

Mass 3.3kg 2.1kg
BD-DVD Drive Yes Yes
4K Blu-Ray Playback No No
4K Streaming Yes No
HDR Output Support Yes Yes
AV Out HDMI, Digital Out (Optical) HDMI
USB 3x USB 3.1 2x USB 3.1
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09:24 AM - 10/03/16 »
i traded in at gamestop my old XB1 for the XB1s as they were offering $150 to trade...

the day the scorpio comes out I am upgrading again!!!

MS says any 1st part games will be running in true 4k resolution!!

halo in 4k HOLY MOLY!!!
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 10:49 AM - 10/03/16 »
I considered trading the fat ps4 for the pro to have 3 usb ports and i think you can watch 4k youtube vids
but i think ile not bother at the moment ha.
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Admin