XIM Community

Questions from a Newbie to XIM4  (Read 712 times)

Offline MohJ

• View Profile
Questions from a Newbie to XIM4
« on: 11:28 AM - 08/30/16 »
Hi people,

A little background first...I ordered the XIM4 through Amazon a couple of days ago and should receive it within the next week.

I will mainly be using it to play Overwatch and some Uncharted 4 multiplayer on the PS4.

I have a few questions so I can be fully prepared before it arrives:

1- I'm currently using Razer Deathadder Chroma on my PC and feel very comfortable with it. However, I've read many times that the XIM4 words best with Logitech G502s. Do you guys think I should invest in buying the G502s or will the deathadder be just as good?

2- Should I set the DPI of the mouse to the absolute maximum (in case of deathadder it's 10,000) and then tune the sensitivity to my liking through XIM software?

3- Can someone direct me to the most optimal or recommended Overwatch settings for the XIM4.

Thanks in advance.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Questions from a Newbie to XIM4
« Reply #1 on: 12:18 PM - 08/30/16 »
Welcome to the community. The G502 is a popular mouse on here, but no need to order different mice -- your Deathadder will perform well. Yes, to start, I'd recommend programming your mouse at maximum DPI. I also recommend simply using standard settings (not the "advanced" settings) for any game (Overwatch included).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline MohJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:52 AM - 09/06/16 »
Welcome to the community. The G502 is a popular mouse on here, but no need to order different mice -- your Deathadder will perform well. Yes, to start, I'd recommend programming your mouse at maximum DPI. I also recommend simply using standard settings (not the "advanced" settings) for any game (Overwatch included).

I just wanted to reply back saying that I received the XIM4 two days ago, and it's everything I expected and much more. It is such an amazing innovation, and the phone APP makes changing everything on the fly so simple. After tinkering around with the config for a couple of hours, and trying some settings posted by the users, I've settled with one that feels really good for Overwatch with my deathadder.

Thanks for all the help OBsIV. I can finally enjoy FPS games on console.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:56 AM - 09/06/16 »
That's excellent -- thanks for your feedback! Enjoy. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline patrickjs89

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: heavy_soul_89
« Reply #4 on: 09:19 AM - 09/06/16 »
I'd also like to chime in and say that this product is amazing!  Have been playing PC since Doom 1 release, and picked up a PS4 last holiday and Battlefield 4 to game with a friend.   I was laughing my @#$% off at how bad the controls were on a controller.   Did some research on this product, and I can't believe how great it works.  I'm still not "dominating" per say, and I think it's because I'm playing on a TV at a distance and not a gaming monitor, but I can at least be competitive on console now.   Thanks again for the amazing product!

Also, I've tried searching the forum extensively and I still can't find out what "ST" stands for? 

Offline leobarbosag

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: leobarbosag
« Reply #5 on: 03:15 PM - 09/06/16 »
What is overwatch? Sorry about that question, but im from Brazil and dont understand yet.

Thanks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Admin