XIM Community

Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!  (Read 44756 times)

Offline knox66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: shogun6x
Re: Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!
« Reply #30 on: 08:34 AM - 09/02/16 »
Anyone transitioning from my old ADS curve will have to lower their sens for my new stuff. I already explained how to maximize this curve earlier. If you follow those guidelines then I believe these curves are superior. I don't just change things for the sake of change.

I am using the new set up but man i am struggling. i was a 12K 1K user and the biggest thing i feel is the change to 4K it seems like i am moving through water at times. At times my movements feel sluggish. I may keep the same button config and then switch back to 12K with the appropriate sense.

One big divination i see from your other setups is that you hip is at 45 and you ADS is set to 8. Normally it seemed to be a 50% difference between the two.

Offline SA

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SA
« Reply #31 on: 08:51 AM - 09/02/16 »
Has anyone else had a problem with the profiles getting mixed up on respawn? I am finding that a lot of times on respawn either the primary or the special weapon profile will be active but the opposite gun is equipped...

Ya it happens, but I have a secondary button assigned to change weapon.  I just hit that when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SA

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SA
« Reply #32 on: 09:14 AM - 09/02/16 »
Can anyone who used RMLs' old curve say how the new and old compare for primaries and snipers?

Some of the new setup is very different to the old so im wondering if anyone has any feedback.

Im holding off switching at the moment as Im averaging 2-3 kd since I started using Lupos curve which is based on RMLs but if the new curve is better in peoples opinion I will give it a go

Can you link to Lupo's curves please?  It would be so handy if we have a section for all proposed curves.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09:27 AM - 09/02/16 »
Anyone transitioning from my old ADS curve will have to lower their sens for my new stuff. I already explained how to maximize this curve earlier. If you follow those guidelines then I believe these curves are superior. I don't just change things for the sake of change.

One big divination i see from your other setups is that you hip is at 45 and you ADS is set to 8. Normally it seemed to be a 50% difference between the two.

Your talking about Primary only here. This is because of the ADS curve I use with primary. The acceleration it adds coupled with 8 sens. would be pretty close to 20 - 24 sens without a curve, which gives you around that 50% difference.

IMO, the biggest problems with curves right now (with most members) is they don't understand how to use them properly. I discussed this a little in the OP, but I think I'm going to have to create another thread just for Ballistic curves.

Ballistic curves - When, Why and How they should be used and applied.

That's ALOT of work though, not sure I'm up to that challenge right now. It's not even just curve explanation. There's so many things that play into this.

- Peripherals (mouse, mouse pad surface, KB or NAV).
- Settings (DPI, Sensitivity)
- Hand movement (Slow and steady works best with XIM4)
- Turn speed cap (riding the red light)

Like I said, that's a big challenge.

Maybe ... Someday!
« Last Edit: 10:26 AM - 09/02/16 by RML »

Offline knox66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: shogun6x
« Reply #34 on: 11:35 AM - 09/02/16 »
Maybe ... Someday!

Yeah that would be a good read thats for sure.

In this instance i was able to correct the "water" feeling by uping my POLL to 1K this seemed to make it more responsive.

As for the hip cure i see where the number discrepancy is coming into play. I have been overshooting so i may have to go back to the old curve but time will tell.

Offline Paycheckyo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:30 PM - 09/02/16 »
I'm way over my head with this lol.. just going to keep reading and trying to learn,
Thanks for everything you guys do!

Offline jvr2401

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bigmoo31
  • PSN ID: Bigmoo31
« Reply #36 on: 03:44 AM - 09/03/16 »
Can you link to Lupo's curves please?  It would be so handy if we have a section for all proposed curves.

Dr Lupos curve: http://imgur.com/a/aUWTG

The mouse he uses is 3600dpi whereas I play 12000dpi so I lowered the hip sens to 23 and ads to 11.5

If you watch him on twitch he is pretty beast though when I have spoken to him he says aim assist is still an issue.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #37 on: 03:59 PM - 09/03/16 »
Wow! This is a lot of great information! Thank you
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
« Reply #38 on: 11:54 PM - 09/04/16 »
Can i use 1st drop beta build with this setup?
Platforms: PS4 Pro
XIM4Flash-STEADYAIM5 NPD
XIM APEX BETA BUILD
Mouse: Swiftpoint Z
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver & Wooting2
Monitor: BenQ 4K HDR EW3270U

Offline bcider

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07:59 PM - 09/05/16 »

Your talking about Primary only here. This is because of the ADS curve I use with primary. The acceleration it adds coupled with 8 sens. would be pretty close to 20 - 24 sens without a curve, which gives you around that 50% difference.

IMO, the biggest problems with curves right now (with most members) is they don't understand how to use them properly. I discussed this a little in the OP, but I think I'm going to have to create another thread just for Ballistic curves.

Ballistic curves - When, Why and How they should be used and applied.

That's ALOT of work though, not sure I'm up to that challenge right now. It's not even just curve explanation. There's so many things that play into this.

- Peripherals (mouse, mouse pad surface, KB or NAV).
- Settings (DPI, Sensitivity)
- Hand movement (Slow and steady works best with XIM4)
- Turn speed cap (riding the red light)

Like I said, that's a big challenge.

Maybe ... Someday!

Curves aren't for everybody imo. I much prefer STV1 and linear curves. I went back to that firmware and I'm enjoying Destiny again.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:24 PM - 09/05/16 »

Curves aren't for everybody imo.

I completely agree! In all honesty I envy you, I truly wish it were that simple for me.  :(

Offline One-Eyed-Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04:18 AM - 09/07/16 »
thats lots of works max respect but honestly this thread is exactly what makes users like me scared of xim, no offense man i appreciate ur work and i hope u dont misunderstand me, i think u know what i mean.
i admire ur knowledge in using and configuring xim, unfortunately there r ppl like me who dont go far from pressing an on-off button, ofc this is my limit not ur fault ... i just have to admit maybe xim goes too far for my personal skill.
also undesrtand probably u make the thread THAT hard to push ur personal war about sub configs and whatever is needed just to make xim better but this doesnt help at all
ty again for ur work rml and please dont misunderstand me, actually i think ur huge anal setup just hitted me in that spot ! and it was a pain ;)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04:35 AM - 09/07/16 »
thats lots of works max respect but honestly this thread is exactly what makes users like me scared of xim, no offense man i appreciate ur work and i hope u dont misunderstand me, i think u know what i mean.
i admire ur knowledge in using and configuring xim, unfortunately there r ppl like me who dont go far from pressing an on-off button, ofc this is my limit not ur fault ... i just have to admit maybe xim goes too far for my personal skill.
also undesrtand probably u make the thread THAT hard to push ur personal war about sub configs and whatever is needed just to make xim better but this doesnt help at all
ty again for ur work rml and please dont misunderstand me, actually i think ur huge anal setup just hitted me in that spot ! and it was a pain ;)

Don't think of crazy custom curves as being for Advanced users, and no curve = Beginner.

No.

I'm pretty hardcore into XIM yet I shy away from curves 99.99% of the time. Don't think of it as Advanced vs. Beginner. Think of it as a preference.

I'm used to 1:1 controls since I have no real history with dual analogue gaming, so my brain isn't used to concepts like like aim acceleration and velocity jumps... so I have no interest in curves. Don't feel like you need to be using them and overwhelmed as a result. They may just not be for you.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:58 AM - 09/07/16 »

I agree with every thing you said except maybe this part. This setup is a HUGE pain in the @#$%. That's kind of my point. Has does proving that point not "help at all?"

A setup like this has merit with a game like Destiny. The problem is OBsIV doesn't use subs or ballistics, they're only here because of the community. Nothing like this EVER changes unless the community makes it happen.

I understand, some people want plug and play and so does OBsIV. That's why it's such a struggle for the rest of us that want options.

The bottom line is this - Subs and curves improve the experience. If you don't believe that, then you either don't want to invest the time and effort or you don't understand how to utilize them correctly. 

Offline jvr2401

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bigmoo31
  • PSN ID: Bigmoo31
« Reply #44 on: 09:09 AM - 09/07/16 »
Hey RML

Have you made any videos of the curves you created in action?

I am still using a mix of your old curves and Lupos but I plan on trying out your new curves once ROI launches as I am taking an enforced break to avoid burnout.

Admin