XIM Community

Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!  (Read 44754 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!
« Reply #15 on: 05:19 PM - 08/29/16 »
A quick tip:

Based on my own personal experience. I would say PvE has somewhere around 25% more AA then PvP. As it's easier to dial in your settings in PvE, find your sweet spot there with sensitivities. Then lower that sens 25% and try that with PvP. It should be pretty close.

(PvE Sens x 25) / 100 = ?       PvE Sens - ? = PvP sens.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:01 PM - 08/29/16 »

how come you lower your dpi and polling when everyone else says max those out. i'm still trying to get a grip on the basics and yours starts off going against the grain from the start.

Let's just say I'm none traditional.

Ok, seriously, I prefer lower DPI and polling because it makes movement feel crisper, IMO. I do what feels right to me, some like it, some don't. Those are the rules.

btw, can you print and do circle 8s around the vaults at the tower? this seems like the bench mark for me and theres no way i can pull that off yet on a MK setup

I once made a video of me doing a figure 8 in a much tighter area then this and that was on my old setup. It can't be done though with XIM4 without these settings AND Turn Assist.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #17 on: 09:22 PM - 08/30/16 »

As I stated earlier, I had the exact same problem with my Android. The longest I could set it to stay unlocked was 10mins too. My Iphone has zero issues, but it's slower then molasses which is unfortunate.

Does anyone know why this happens with Androids? Possible fix?

A possible work around could be to use an app that keeps the screen awake, ie. the Xbox app (can be set up in the settings); I would assume that would keep the bluetooth connection alive also? I plan on trialing your setup tonight, so I will be sure to test this theory out.

I notice there are also apps out that are designed to maintain a Bluetooth connection, but the couple apps I did find had not been updated since 2014, so they may not work... may be worth a try though:
free:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Lopton.bluetoothkeepactive&hl=en
paid:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.floodping.BluetoothKeepalive&hl=en

there may be others, but I only did a very quick search.

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #18 on: 06:17 PM - 08/31/16 »
Nice post always good to see people sharing their settings and helping others find their setup.  Great drop im impressed. I already found my sweet setup all i want is to convert to xbox and match my ps4 settings.  Im still having issues finding the right sensitivity on x1 for snipind and hand cannons

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #19 on: 05:21 AM - 09/01/16 »
So u say that I should leave the test build #01 for the basic STv2? Hmm, do I dare to make that change.. :)
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline _BadBoy_

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:51 AM - 09/01/16 »
Hey RML

Thx for your sharing this awesome config!

One Q: What in-game sensitivity setting are you using with this config?

Thx again ... you're the man.

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #21 on: 10:30 AM - 09/01/16 »
Hey RML

Its always max sensitivity in-game with xim.
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #22 on: 10:45 AM - 09/01/16 »
RML's epic post makes me want to dust of Destiny and go config crazy. Nice work fella.

Offline knox66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: shogun6x
« Reply #23 on: 01:42 PM - 09/01/16 »

how come you lower your dpi and polling when everyone else says max those out. i'm still trying to get a grip on the basics and yours starts off going against the grain from the start.

Let's just say I'm none traditional.

Ok, seriously, I prefer lower DPI and polling because it makes movement feel crisper, IMO. I do what feels right to me, some like it, some don't. Those are the rules.

SO i teater between running 3.6k or 12K.

I gather that 3.6 seems "less twitchy" What I wonder is from a translator stand point which is best to make the turn speed come from the DPI or from that translator sensitivity?

Offline Paycheckyo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:53 PM - 09/01/16 »
would this work with a keyboard vs. the PSmove controller?  I got my xim4, 2 days " big noob " all games I've played work good but destiny is off could I input this setup on a keyboard ? or point me in the place to look I want to be ready for ROI.
Thanks
Pay.

Offline Gustin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:13 PM - 09/01/16 »
Has anyone else had a problem with the profiles getting mixed up on respawn? I am finding that a lot of times on respawn either the primary or the special weapon profile will be active but the opposite gun is equipped...

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06:10 PM - 09/01/16 »
Has anyone else had a problem with the profiles getting mixed up on respawn? I am finding that a lot of times on respawn either the primary or the special weapon profile will be active but the opposite gun is equipped...

It is possible to mix them up if you either scroll up or down while waiting to spawn or you hit the alternative "Y" button during this time.

Also, if you spam scroll up and down "Quickly" you may end up mixing them up. I suggest atleast 2-3 sec. between switches. The configs are just slow to load sometimes. That's one of the problems with BT and XIM4, especially with an Iphone.

This is part of the reason I said there would be a learning curve. I did everything I could think of to try and limit this. But it is still possible. Especially while waiting to spawn, on the Sparrow or in the menu's. This is why I said it's Crucial to have an alternative "Y" button and to keep an eye on the XIM4 light. You can adapt, it's just really a matter of if it's worth it to you. I play fast all the time now with this setup, no problems. Would I like it to be simpler? ABSOLUTELY! That's something Team Xim will have to address, if deemed important enough.

would this work with a keyboard vs. the PSmove controller?  I got my xim4, 2 days " big noob " all games I've played work good but destiny is off could I input this setup on a keyboard ? or point me in the place to look I want to be ready for ROI.
Thanks
Pay.

Yes, this will work with a KB. You just have to be careful setting up the buttons properly. I don't use a KB, I much prefer analog movement. But if someone wants to post a "COMMON" KB layout I will work on a button configuration for KB users.

Hey RML

In game is always MAX.

So u say that I should leave the test build #01 for the basic STv2? Hmm, do I dare to make that change.. :)

I'm really torn about this as well. I like the test firmware with BO3 but it's not as good with Destiny. I wasn't going to create something this "BIG" for a test firmware. I really wanted this setup to expose the deficiencies we're currently experiencing with Sub Configs.

A possible work around could be to use an app that keeps the screen awake, ie. the Xbox app (can be set up in the settings); I would assume that would keep the bluetooth connection alive also? I plan on trialing your setup tonight, so I will be sure to test this theory out.

I notice there are also apps out that are designed to maintain a Bluetooth connection, but the couple apps I did find had not been updated since 2014, so they may not work... may be worth a try though:
free:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Lopton.bluetoothkeepactive&hl=en
paid:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.floodping.BluetoothKeepalive&hl=en

there may be others, but I only did a very quick search.

Thank you, I'll have to give this a try when I get some time.

« Last Edit: 06:17 PM - 09/01/16 by RML »

Offline jvr2401

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bigmoo31
  • PSN ID: Bigmoo31
« Reply #27 on: 01:47 AM - 09/02/16 »
Can anyone who used RMLs' old curve say how the new and old compare for primaries and snipers?

Some of the new setup is very different to the old so im wondering if anyone has any feedback.

Im holding off switching at the moment as Im averaging 2-3 kd since I started using Lupos curve which is based on RMLs but if the new curve is better in peoples opinion I will give it a go

Offline GhettoFishcake

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: furiousfrog
« Reply #28 on: 03:03 AM - 09/02/16 »
Paycheck - I use mouse and keyboard (I'm sure others do too). Notice RML uses macros on the mouse to access Heavy Weapon and Sparrow, so using these will be dependent on the mouse you yourself use. If I remember correctly, there are a couple activation keys you will likely want to change (I use shift for sprint so had to change that within xim manager to activate that profile for example).

RML (or anyone else),

Thanks for the setup and your efforts, much appreciated.
I used it for roughly 30 minutes last night and all seemed fine!

I do have one odd issue however. Using a 502 I bind forward and back to grenades and melee. I've become used to hitting them both for super which currently does work. However, melee on its own does not work. Any ideas why?

Also, in xim manager, (I'm going off memory here) what is listed as melee is actually aim down sight, aim down sight is melee. Shoot is actually grenade and grenade is shoot. That reads confusing but hopefully makes sense - basically, the listings in manager are mixed up. Any idea why this is?

Thanks again!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:50 AM - 09/02/16 »
Anyone transitioning from my old ADS curve will have to lower their sens for my new stuff. I already explained how to maximize this curve earlier. If you follow those guidelines then I believe these curves are superior. I don't just change things for the sake of change.