XIM Community

Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!  (Read 44755 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!
« on: 02:34 PM - 08/28/16 »
What's up XIM community? Awhile back I promised a few forum members that I'd revisit Destiny and try to help make the game as enjoyable as possible with XIM4. I'm hoping by the end of this journey several things get addressed by Team XIM making the XIM4 an even greater experience. A new test Steady Aim firmware is already out there to help individuals that are experiencing jitters with STv2. I'm also hoping that this thread will help shed some light on why Sub configs need to be revamped. This day and age, so many of the games that draw us to this devise, like Destiny, BF and COD all have aspects of the game that are more enjoyable when utilizing Sub configs. BF and Destiny have Vehicles, COD has Kill streaks. But an even bigger issue is games are now utilizing multiple levels of Aim Assist based on what weapon you're using, what attachments and distance to target. Yes, Aim Assist has been around for pretty much ever, but it's never been such a prevalent piece of the look mechanic as it is today. Ultimately, all I can do is play the cards that have been dealt. That's where this setup comes into play. I wanted a setup that would allow me to customize the way my weapons behaved without effecting my other weapons. That was my driving force to create the setup. This Awesome, yet Ultimately ANAL Destiny Advanced setup that some of you will probably be afraid to even jump into!

Lol ... just keeping it real man!

That being said, all setups have their Pro's and Con's. So here they are, you decide if you want to continue or go back to LA LA ... mamsy pamsy Vanilla ST land.

PRO's
- Ability to individually customize your settings (including sensitivity, Sub configs, XY ratio, Ballistic curve, Steady Aim and button layout) for your Primary weapon, Sniper, Gnasher (Shot guns will forever be known as "Gnashers" going forward, period!) and "Heavy Weapon".
- I will offer my customized settings and ballistic curves for all of the above.
- Custom settings and Ballistic for "Sprint".
- Custom settings and Ballistic for "Sparrow".
- Custom settings and Ballistic for "Long Range" shots.
- One button activation for "Super, Sparrow and Heavy Weapon".
- The ability to completely PWN your enemy (ok that's a blatant lie ... kind of).
- You don't have to use my entire setup. You can just download the full configs and then pick and chose what you want. I tried to post individual codes for everything but ran out of characters for the post (lol ... yes it's THAT long!).
- Some other @#$% I'm sure I'm forgetting ATM (I will update later).

CON's
- You will have to dedicate FOUR slots for Destiny Primary configs.
- There will be a learning curve to adapt to this new play style. (Don't be a wuss ... JK ... kind of).
- You'll need to create a couple of Macro's using your mouse's software (this means you'll need a mouse that supports "On Board" memory).
- You really have to pay close attention to my button layouts. You can change buttons however you like but if you don't do it universally across multiple Configs you'll screw something up. I put a lot of time and thought into these layouts, pay attention! Even if it doesn't appear to make sense, trust me, I did it for a reason. I will try to identify the key areas for you throughout this post.

Interested?

Then let's do this!

WARNING:
If you're phone drops BT communication when the screen locks then this setup won't work! I had this problem when using my Samsung phone but it isn't an issue with my Iphone. You'll know you have this problem if your configs stop working properly after a few mins. All configs. and settings were created using the 20160405 Firmware and Manager which can be found here - http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=81.0

First of all, here's my mouse setup. This is the G402 which I've really become accustomed to, due to its button layout. Which is pretty much identical to the G502. I'm still a big fan of the 502 and the 303. But the 502 is a bit bulky (heavy) and the 303 makes my hand cramp. You can see in the pic below my settings and some multi-keys that I'll explain later.

- 500 Polling rate (slightly less jitter then 1000)
- 4000 DPI (again, less jitters and also movement feels more controlled "to me")
- I've assigned Keypad Number presses to all of my extra buttons. This is just a personal preference thing I do because I'm a NAV user and I use a wireless number pad for extra buttons instead of a KB.
- I have created a couple of Macro's that I'll discuss later in this post. 

As you can see in this pic, I've created "FOUR FULL” Destiny configs. This is crucial and must be done for this setup to work properly.

- Primary
- Sniper
- Gnasher
- Heavy Weapon

Here are the codes for each entire config. Just create four Destiny configs and then paste these in.
PRIMARY:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Destiny G402 Primary] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

SNIPER:
>>> XIM4 [Destiny G402 Sniper] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

GNASHER:
>>> XIM4 [Destiny G402 Gnasher] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

HEAVY WEAPON:
>>> XIM4 [Destiny G402 Heavy] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

OK ... Let's break this down!

PRIMARY WEAPON:
HIP:
- Note that I'm using "Scroll Up" to activate this config, a ballistic curve and I'm also using .85 XY ratio.

Primary buttons:

- Note I'm using "Scroll Down" to change weapons.

Secondary Buttons:
- Note I'm using "Start" to activate SUPER.
- Note I have a secondary "Y" button, this is VERY important in case you somehow get your weapon and active configuration mis-aligned. KPad7 & 8 (previous pic) are used in conjunction with KPad 9 to create a Macro that will be used to summon Sparrow, mount sparrow and activate the sparrow sub config.

ADS:
- Note I use Left Trigger to activate ADS, this is VERY important for you KB users to understand as you'll need to chg. this to Right Button activation. I'm also checked the box to inherent buttons from primay.

- Note ADS specific Ballistic curve.

SPRINT:
- Note the activation key (LB), 350ms Delay (helps with transition) and the deactivation keys for "Slide, Jump, Fire and Reload".

- Note the HIGH sensitivity, Ballistic curve, XY ratio and Turn Assist.

- Note that once again I'm utilizing "Scroll Down" to change weapon.

SPARROW:
- Note Kpad 9 to activation, this is used as part of the Macro I discussed earlier to activate this sub config. I also checked to "Toggle" box and assigned "Reload" to deactivate this sub config. This is VERY important to use only the RELOAD button to dismount the Sparrow.  You also don't want to NEVER ... EVER use scroll up or down while on the sparrow. If you do it will activate your Primary or Secondary Weapon config. and may mis-align your weapon with your active config when dismounting the sparrow. If this should occur, use the Secondary "Y" button I discussed earlier to re-align your weapon to active config.

- Note the HIGH sensitivity, Ballistic curve, YX ratio, Boost and Turn Assist.

- Note I've changed the buttons around to make Evading easier, using the right mouse and LB buttons to go right and left respectively.

LONG RANGE:

- Note I'm using LS press to activate this. This makes it very easy to activate while ADSing. I prefer to use HOLD behavior but some may want this set to Toggle. I created this with the Primary Weapon configuration for use with Scout Rifles mostly, but also comes in handy with Pulse, Auto rifles and Hand Cannons occasionally (once you master it).

- Note the Long Range specific Sensitivity and Ballistic curve.

- Note I'm using the ADS translator, the default for Sub Configs is the HIP Translator. If you're creating something on your own you'll have to change this.

SNIPER:
HIP:
- Note I'm using "Scroll down" to activate this Config. This is CRUCIAL so that when you change from your Primary weapon to your Sniper it activates this Configuration. I've assigned "Change Weapon" to "Scroll Up". This is the opposite of your Primary Weapon button configuration. This is also CRUCIAL to ensure you activate the right Configuration when changing back to your Primary Weapon. These are the only changes between the Sniper HIP config and the Primary HIP config.

ADS:
- Note the Sniper specific sensitivity and Ballistic curve. This is what really sets this INSANE setup apart from my old Advanced setup. The ability to customize ALL of your weapons.  :)

SPRINT:
- Note once again I've changed the weapon switch button to "Scroll Up".

NOTE: SPARROW SETUP DOESN'T CHANGE BETWEEN CONFIGURATIONS! Just make sure you ALWAYS use the RELOAD button to dismount. Again, DONOT scroll up or down while on the Sparrow.

LONG RANGE:
- Note the Long Range specific Sensitivity and Ballistic curve settings. Don't forget I'm using the ADS translator for this as well.

GNASHER:
HIP:
- Note this config currently doesn't have an activation key. This is because you cannot use this config and the Sniper config at the same time. Hey blame Bungie not me, that's the way they created the game folks. You'll have to decide whether you want to Snipe or Gnash then assign "Scroll Down" to the activation key. Make sure you only keep one active at a time. Also note the Gnasher specific Sensitivity settings and the VERY aggressive Ballistic curve. This is due to the High amount of Aim Assist you will have with most of your "Short Range" Gnasher encounters and will help you track targets. The button layout is exactly the same as Sniper, with "Scroll Up" assigned to change weapon.

ADS:
- Note Gnasher specific Sensitivity and Ballistic Curve.

HEAVY WEAPON:
- Note I use the same Sensitivity settings and Ballistic curves as the Primary Weapon. Again I've assigned "Scroll Up" to change weapons. Sprint and Sparrow settings are the same as Sniper and Gnasher. You'll notice that when your Heavy weapon is active you will NOT be able to switch to your Secondary weapon by using "Scroll down". I did this on purpose, it helps ensure you can't screw up your weapon to config. alignment when changing from your Heavy Weapon. Using the assigned Macro to activate Heavy Weapon is CRUCIAL with this setup. If you just use the "Y' button to activate Heavy Weapon it will stay in your Primary or Secondary weapon config. (whichever is active at the time). This is bad for a couple of reasons. #1 - You don't want to use Sniper or Gnasher settings with your Heavy Weapon. #2 - It will make keeping your weapon to config alignment difficult.

Lastly, here are the Macro's you'll need for Sparrow and Heavy Weapon. These were created using Logitech Gaming Software.

Well That's it Ladies and gentleman, welcome to a peek at my INSANE membrane! I will probably add a video at some point showing this in action. I do not currently have any fancy recording equipment though.

For questions about copying and pasting configs, curves, dpi conversion and many others. Please see the "Advanced Settings" link in my signature.

CHEERS!!
« Last Edit: 09:47 AM - 08/29/16 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny: My "INSANELY" Advanced Setup!
« Reply #1 on: 03:30 PM - 08/28/16 »
wow, now thats a setup!
i added the tag not mobile friendly for people with small data caps

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:47 PM - 08/28/16 »
I ran out of characters in the OP, there's a couple things I want to mention about this setup.

- All curves work with all Weapons within their category. The categories being Primary, Sniper and Gnasher. All you have to do is adjust your sensitivity up or down depending on what your needs are. If you feel like you're experiencing too much Aim Assist then turn the Sensitivity up .5 at a time until you find your sweet spot. If you feel like you can't stay on target then turn your sensitivity down .5 at a time.

- I have found that you need to lower sensitivity for PvP as it has lower AA then PvE. The adjustment is typically 1-2 numbers lower. For example, I use 8.5 ADS sens with The Last Word in PvE. When playing Crucible, PvP I turn my sens down to 6.5

- This setup was meant for Hardcore Destiny players. You won't find another setup that matches this amount of customization out there for XIM4. That being said, it comes at a price. Due to the current limitations of Sub Configs you have to use several Primaries in order for it to work properly. The BIG draw back there is Primaries activate across ALL of your games unless deactivated. If you're using a KB then this isn't as big of a deal. But for NAV users because I wanted to use VERY accessible buttons for changing weapons, I used Scroll Up and Scroll Down. Unfortunately this means that every game will activate these Destiny Configs when SU or SD is utilized. You can avoid this by removing those buttons from the activation keys or changing them to something else.

I'm hoping Admin reads this and takes a long hard look at why Subs need to be Revamped and every sub needs it's own ADS.

Just a heads up. Have Fun!

Offline Morgs91

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Morgs91
Re: Destiny: My &quot;INSANELY&quot; Advanced Setup!
« Reply #3 on: 05:10 PM - 08/28/16 »
Holy Moses what have we done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:25 PM - 08/28/16 »
Congratulations on going completely nuts  :o

If I can make one suggestion, it's probably better to remove Jump as a deactivation key for Sprint - you want to be able to Sprint and Jump at the same time. Replace Jump with ADS, the deactivation keys would be "Crouch, ADS, Fire and Reload".

Also, that blue text is hard to read. Brighten it up a couple of notches.

I'll be doing something similar using the Titan Two (when it launches) to tweak sensitivity based on Primary HIP, Primary ADS, Special HIP, Special ADS, Heavy HIP, Heavy ADS, Sprint and Sparrow with auto weapon tracking. Only one Xim 4 config will be needed, but it'll also require a Titan Two (duh). It'll be similarly configurable based on weapon archetype. There's a lot of fun stuff we can do these days to customise our games...
« Last Edit: 05:40 PM - 08/28/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:05 PM - 08/28/16 »
Congratulations XIM community, we have driven RML crazy.   ;D

Good work RML, if I still played Destiny every day I'd try it out...maybe I'll revisit it here in the next month when ROI comes out.  Will be following the thread to hear if anyone gives it a run.

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
Re: Destiny: My &quot;INSANELY&quot; Advanced Setup!
« Reply #6 on: 06:34 PM - 08/28/16 »
You should retire as a living legend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:50 PM - 08/28/16 »
Congratulations on going completely nuts  :o

Thanks!  ;)

Part of the reason I created this setup though was to show admin "OBsIV" how difficult it currently is to use a setup like this. So there is at least a little method to my madness! Now if members will just jump on the band wagon here and make it known that a setup like this really is beneficial, then maybe he'll take a longer look at what needs to be done to fix this problem. We need to find a way to be able to create something like this without it impacting all of your Primaries.

If I can make one suggestion, it's probably better to remove Jump as a deactivation key for Sprint - you want to be able to Sprint and Jump at the same time. Replace Jump with ADS, the deactivation keys would be "Crouch, ADS, Fire and Reload".

I did this because I was continuously late letting go of the Sprint button and when you jump with sprint activated your turning becomes SUPER sensitive. It doesn't actually stop you from running, it just deactivates the sub config. I don't need to use ADS as a deactivation because I use a NAV. So I use the same finger for Sprint "left bumper" and ADS "left trigger".

Also, that blue text is hard to read. Brighten it up a couple of notches.

Funny story ... I can't! I tried to modify it and I get a character exceeding warning and it won't save. Even if I use the same amount of characters. I tried to make it teal or even red, NOPE!

Maybe a mod can fix it, IDK.

« Last Edit: 08:55 PM - 08/28/16 by RML »

Offline oldmailmain

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: thepostaldave
« Reply #8 on: 09:06 PM - 08/28/16 »
wow! thats a ton of work. still getting use to this im going to hold off until i try this but i am using your last load out.

how come you lower your dpi and polling when everyone else says max those out. i'm still trying to get a grip on the basics and yours starts off going against the grain from the start.

btw, can you print and do circle 8s around the vaults at the tower? this seems like the bench mark for me and theres no way i can pull that off yet on a MK setup

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #9 on: 11:07 PM - 08/28/16 »
Fcuk my head hurts.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #10 on: 11:19 PM - 08/28/16 »
Love your work RML, will be loading this on to my spare Xim during the week and giving it a good run. Will probably start in the cosmodrome to get all the key binding figured out, as I'll still use my 502 and set up my key bindings a little different, and then fine tune sens in PvP.

Part of the reason I created this setup though was to show admin "OBsIV" how difficult it currently is to use a setup like this. So there is at least a little method to my madness! Now if members will just jump on the band wagon here and make it known that a setup like this really is beneficial, then maybe he'll take a longer look at what needs to be done to fix this problem. We need to find a way to be able to create something like this without it impacting all of your Primaries.

Completely agree with you here; finding that balance between primary vs secondary sens is probably the most difficult part imo.

Offline lockzye

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:20 AM - 08/29/16 »
Awesome, loving this config, but I have an android phone and its impossible to switch setups while your phone is locked anyone has any solutions to fix this?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:48 AM - 08/29/16 »
I was able to change blue to teal in the pros section. Did you want sparrow text color and notes changed to something else too? You might be able to make changes like this now.

Your character count was and still is 20128. I don't know how this went through but I reduce the size of the images to allow the the teal change. Click the images to compare.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline SA

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SA
« Reply #13 on: 02:41 PM - 08/29/16 »
This is great, thanks RML.

I didn't copy your config exactly as the learning curve is steep and my buddies wanted to play Trials.    I did copy your concept of different profiles for types of guns, but used my button config with minor tweaks to fit your concept.  So far it's been great.  I think I will be having much more fun with this once it gets to be second nature for me.   Now I have to train my brain..  ;)

Thanks again, your work is appreciated. 

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:55 PM - 08/29/16 »
Awesome, loving this config, but I have an android phone and its impossible to switch setups while your phone is locked anyone has any solutions to fix this?

As I stated earlier, I had the exact same problem with my Android. The longest I could set it to stay unlocked was 10mins too. My Iphone has zero issues, but it's slower then molasses which is unfortunate.

Does anyone know why this happens with Androids? Possible fix?

I was able to change blue to teal in the pros section. Did you want sparrow text color and notes changed to something else too? You might be able to make changes like this now.

Your character count was and still is 20128. I don't know how this went through but I reduce the size of the images to allow the the teal change. Click the images to compare.

Thanks mist, I'm not really concerned about any other changes at this point.

This is great, thanks RML.

I didn't copy your config exactly as the learning curve is steep and my buddies wanted to play Trials.    I did copy your concept of different profiles for types of guns, but used my button config with minor tweaks to fit your concept.  So far it's been great.  I think I will be having much more fun with this once it gets to be second nature for me.   Now I have to train my brain..  ;)

Thanks again, your work is appreciated. 

It is a learning curve, but it solved all of my problems with AA and different weapons. I've never been much of a Gnasher player, prefer Sniping and Last Word. But the Gnasher config is fun to play with. Hell, all of the configs make it funner to play with IMO. But you do have to adapt and learn to pay attention to your XIM a little more (colors to weapon alignment).

« Last Edit: 04:49 PM - 08/29/16 by RML »