XIM Community

1st night on the xim  (Read 1129 times)

Offline oldmailmain

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: thepostaldave
1st night on the xim
« on: 10:48 PM - 08/25/16 »
had some troubles setting up but in the end it works as stated.

pros? head shots for days. sure feels good to be on a mouse again. not since my days of quake could i hit like that.

cons? movement. tried and tried and feel like a stuck turd in the mud. i simply can't move nearly as fast as i can on a controller. i would have never dreamed that movement would be the part that would take practice.

if anyone has any suggestions by all means jump in. the only game im playing is destiny. doing several strikes i really racked up the scores eventhough it still felt clunky. in pvp however i got crushed. i could land my shots better than normal but the whole time it felt like crossing a busy street blind and drunk with chain on my leg.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 1st night on the xim
« Reply #1 on: 04:57 AM - 08/26/16 »
destiny has a very slow turning speed which means you cannot flick around your mouse to do a fast 180 turn
what you have to do instead is to move your mouse at a constant but slow speed which will result in a very quick turn
you should do a 180 turn within 5-8cm of mouse movement then, which is as fast as with the controller
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Grebs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Grebber1
« Reply #2 on: 09:08 AM - 08/26/16 »
I felt the same playing hardline. Mouse side of things are great.  Using a keyboard again after years of being forced into using controllers is hard.  It's only been a cpl days and it's getting better but still not as fluid as a controller movement wise.
Some are using the Sony nav instead of the keyboard. I may try that out and see how it works.  I just hate putting so many button binds in the mouse.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:11 AM - 08/26/16 »
If by "movement" you (and OP) means player movement (not aim), then yes, I highly recommend switching to analog for movement (i.e. using a Logitech G13 or a Sony Move Nav). It's what I use personally (and many others).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Grebs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Grebber1
« Reply #4 on: 09:18 AM - 08/26/16 »
Yes player movement.
This has nothing to do with the xim4. Mine works beautifully. I'm just not use to "fast paced" keyboard movement now. I'm sure I would get use to it but I'm gonna try the nav out just to see how it is

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:32 AM - 08/26/16 »
If you are coming from a controller background then it's hard to move to being limited to 8 directions of movement. Give the Nav a try and let us know.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline bagobones

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:52 PM - 09/03/16 »
I am new to k/m so I get how you feel. I have been playing mostly BO3 which is perfect for learning k/m because they have training bots you can customize. It has helped me tremendously with the movement. I do have the G13 but I have still using basically a WSAD key layout. If Destiny has a training mode or custom game like BO3 that is probably best way place to start.

Offline oldmailmain

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: thepostaldave
« Reply #7 on: 04:44 AM - 09/12/16 »
that would have been nice. ive grown to really love my xim. theres a steep learning curve when switching over in regards to movement on the xim. thankfully the regulars here are very patient with noobs coming on and @#$% about turn speed. lol

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 04:24 AM - 09/14/16 »
I come from a PC background and hate analog movement. It feels clunky and slow to me and is awful for strafing, especially when using a Nav controller. Analog may work well for others, but not at all for your's truly.

The best thing to do is to get ahold of RML's Destiny config for HIP and Sprint, coupled with thepr0 or Dr Lupo's ADS curve. RML's HIP curve will remove a lot of that stuck in mud feeling. Again, using RML's Sprint config, holding down the Sprint key will assist greatly with running turns. An ADS curve will help keep track of your target a little better than vanilla.

You also adapt to moving the mouse a bit slower on console. I still feel like I can flick 180, but it's more of a jump while counter-strafing 180. It does take longer than PC....welcome to console gaming!

As far as getting crushed in Destiny PvP, there's a steep learning curve there too. Take your time, play conservatively and use cover. Learn the maps and the weapons and your KDR will improve day by day.

I felt the same way when I first entered the Crucible and got hammered from every direction...it was a big lesson in humility. 12 months later and I can more than hold my own in 6v6, but venturing into 3v3 is a whole other ball-game. Prepare to eat sh!t all over again, particularly while playing solo against experienced teams.

By the way, private matches launched overnight in Destiny. Use it as a training ground for map knowledge and getting a feel for the range and recoil of your weapons. High fire-rate Scouts and Pulse Rifles are a solid entry point and get onto Sniping asap. Shotguns and Hand Cannons deal the greatest DPS, but I leave the run-and-gun stuff to younger eyes and faster reactions.
« Last Edit: 04:44 AM - 09/14/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts