XIM Community

Rainbow 6 feels aweful is it just me?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow 6 feels aweful is it just me?
« Reply #15 on: 01:10 AM - 08/26/16 »
Boost can inflate the deadzone. Less is more with boost.

This has always confused me, correct me if I'm wrong:

Boost = deadzone adjustment for your right stick / mouse

Deadzone = deadzone adjustment for your left stick

Is this right?

Be glad that you are playing it now and not six months ago when there were two game breaking bugs that made movement much worse.

How true this is. Before they patched it (many times), it was dreadful.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Shoddy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:10 AM - 08/26/16 »
I myself have a perfect configuration that feels similar to my PC configuration.

I play Rainbow on both PS4 and PC.

I'm nearly diamond on Playstation.

Yeah, I'm happy you found nice settings on R6 because I myself cannot play this game anymore on PS4, its just too awful, still better than gamepad yes but meh. When I tried BF4, I was extremely happy, it was so fluid, I forgot i was on PS4.

So if you could share your perfect settings, it would be make lots of players (and me of course xD) happy :)

Offline B00STED

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: | B00STED |
« Reply #17 on: 07:49 AM - 08/26/16 »
I've actually had a great experience on Siege. I don't use any curves or anything, just adjusted my in-game deadzone and sensitivity, and then worked on my config settings sens. Before I adjusted deadzone in game settings, I felt like my mouse was picking up every little bit of movement, it was really quite awful (and this was after all the patches that were made to the Siege configs). I found the deadzone adjustment to be the biggest help.

The only issue I've been having, I think is related to my ads lag (or whatever its called, I cant remember, but the setting that adjusts how long it takes to switch to the ads config while going into ads). I sometimes find that I think I have it not long enough, but thats just me being lazy and not adjusting my config.

Overall, I absolutely love Siege now. One of my favorite games to play. Before, using the controller, I despised the game. Thanks Xim :D lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:48 AM - 08/26/16 »
Yes, the deadzone setting is for analog joystick adjustment. These wear over time so having this setting helps with calibration. Boost can change the way initial movement feels for better or worse.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos