XIM Community

Recommended headset for ps4 and xim4  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Lord_of_the_the_manor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lord_ov_da_manor
Recommended headset for ps4 and xim4
« on: 12:44 AM - 08/23/16 »
Hi I am new to the xim4 can anyone recommend a headset that we'll work straight outta the box please?.
« Last Edit: 02:14 AM - 08/23/16 by Lord_of_the_the_manor »

Offline Grebs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Grebber1
Re: Recommended headset for ps4 and xim4
« Reply #1 on: 03:37 AM - 08/23/16 »
Sounds like just about anything that doesn't plug into the controller.
I'm using turtle beach myself. Wireless so nothing to controller.  Just 1 USB to the ps4 and an optic to the back of the ps4.

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #2 on: 06:34 AM - 08/23/16 »
Yep wireless is the best (simplest) solution. I love the sound and ease of use of my Sony Golds. They work perfect with my KVM switch and can swap from PS4 to PC (and the virtual surround on PC works pretty good). Wireless, good sound, surround sound and chat on pc and console. Can't go wrong. Be warned however, the build quality is complete crap! Buy them at best buy with price match and use the money saved to purchase the $14 geek squad warranty. You will be replacing them every 6 months due to cracked plastic lol. Other than that love em!
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline MLD051

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MLD051
« Reply #3 on: 03:14 AM - 10/22/16 »
Sounds like just about anything that doesn't plug into the controller.
I'm using turtle beach myself. Wireless so nothing to controller.  Just 1 USB to the ps4 and an optic to the back of the ps4.

hey can you be more specific about your setup please?

I have a Razer Chroma Kraken 7.1, would you say this one is good ?

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:07 AM - 10/22/16 »
i use like the cheapest headphones and they are so so so much better that most of my other expensive headphones atleast when it comes to knowing where the sound is coming from

i use sony gold headsets wich is wireless  But the build quality is not so good so u have to be careful about dropping then and such ... i only wrote this since u asked for one that works out of the box and i'm sure if u want a better one u can get one for a higher price but if u are a casual gamer like me these things are great