XIM Community

Is orb weaver better than keyboard?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
Is orb weaver better than keyboard?
« on: 07:17 PM - 08/12/16 »
Loaded but just try lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
Re: Is orb weaver better than keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: 09:02 PM - 08/12/16 »
?? Not sure what the meat of your question is, but the simple answer to the topic you posted is...could be. It is really up to you.

I am using an older Nostromo now (version with the Razor name right after they bought it from belkin). It works, it is not bad, but I would like more buttons like the Orbweaver has.

For using the XIM I prefer the smaller game pad over a full size keyboard.

You may feel differently.
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #2 on: 11:44 PM - 08/12/16 »
It has some nice features that can be better than running a regular keyboard.  also takes up less real estate on a desk or lapboard.  I wanted to really enjoy the g13 myself but the comfort always throws me off.  Also i like the feel of a space bar and left shift bar on a keyboard.

I would first see if you even find it comfortable.  Cause if it's not no features will make you want to use it.

Offline killawink64

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fouldeth
« Reply #3 on: 11:52 PM - 08/13/16 »
I've wanted to try the orbweaver, dat price tho. I may try a used one with some per diem money... one day.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #4 on: 03:47 PM - 08/15/16 »
I have an orbweaver.  I really like it but it's definitely not cheap. I like the thumb button layouts alot.  I was really concerned about the durability of the space bar.  It's a paddle on a micro-switch.  It has held up really well in the two years I've had it.  Considering how much it got used in AW and BO3, I'm impressed.  I find I don't use near the amount of keyboard buttons it comes with tho.  If I were to do it again, I'd just buy the Tatarus instead I think.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Archer444

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:20 PM - 08/18/16 »
I love my Orbweaver! I can't stand using a regular KB anymore for gaming. The thumb buttons have excellent placement, I like the fact that the 'arrow pad' (D-pad) is right at my thumb as well, and the keys are large enough that fingers don't feel cramped one bit.

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee
« Reply #6 on: 08:16 PM - 08/19/16 »
If you want to have a more compact and less complicated setup, then you can't go wrong with a gaming keypad such as the Orbweaver, which I own as well.

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Admin