XIM Community

Getting the maximum from XIM4 in Destiny  (Read 2161 times)

Offline 3fF

• View Profile
Getting the maximum from XIM4 in Destiny
« on: 06:54 AM - 08/11/16 »
Hey,
So I've been using XIM4 for past few months. However still I don't think I am using it to it's full potential.
I started using it with RML ( thank You! :) ) config from here: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39989.0
Overtime I've made some modifications to it. Recently I've bought another XIM4 and also Logitech G13. And I decided to make brand new config, after playing few hours with it - basically stock one without any advanced ballistic curves etc.
It results with same conclusion as before - I can't turn around effectively. To do 180 I need to swipe my mouse 3 times on a VERY large mousepad. Bumping senstivity helps, but of course then there is a problem with precise aiming...
I can't find correct settings for that. Turn assist is great but it doesn't help in fast paced game - because I need to search for another key to use it.
Also if I understand correctly I need to set max sensitivity in game and also on my mouse? (which is 6500dpi)
And that is really crazy, to aim correctly with that I need to set XIM sensitivity to "2".

Also one more thing that I found is that, sometimes it looks like there would be a delay when switching from ADS to Sprint and back, etc. Don't know if it's something in game design, but I would say that with last XIM and my previous config (which I don't have anymore) it used to be better. Don't know if setting delay would because  on stock when I am sprinting and will press ADS it takes time to activate and I don't know how setting delay would help in that case.

Any suggestions?

Thx!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Getting the maximum from XIM4 in Destiny
« Reply #1 on: 07:20 AM - 08/11/16 »
Sounds like a crap mouse and/or pad issue.

Get your hands on a G303, G502 or G900 and a hard pad. Nuff said...

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline 3fF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:24 AM - 08/11/16 »
I am using steelseries rival 300 mouse and natec genesis mousepad.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:10 PM - 08/11/16 »
Have you maximised both your mouse's DPI and the in-game sensitivity?

At 6500 DPI, HIP should be around 25-35 and ADS around 12-18 with good control - a 180 HIP turn should only take a few inches and ADS should be precise. Sensitivity of 2 is way off the mark, which is why I suggest you look at your mouse and pad.

You should definitely use a curve on HIP and Sprint configs. Use RML's curves for both, that'll help with 180s.

Turn Assist is more for vehicles, I wouldn't touch it for anything else. Use RML's Sprint config and hold down the sprint button for the increased sensitivity. Alternately, setup the Sprint config as a toggle and add some buttons to deactivate (e.g ADS, Fire, Crouch, Reload, but NOT Jump).

Delay (on ADS page) and Steady Aim are for Call of Duty. Leave both off, or at 0 for Destiny. Any ADS delay is the game engine and depends on both weapon and build perks.
« Last Edit: 05:35 PM - 08/11/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline 3fF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:12 AM - 08/12/16 »
Have you maximised both your mouse's DPI and the in-game sensitivity?

At 6500 DPI, HIP should be around 25-35 and ADS around 12-18 with good control - a 180 HIP turn should only take a few inches and ADS should be precise. Sensitivity of 2 is way off the mark, which is why I suggest you look at your mouse and pad.

You should definitely use a curve on HIP and Sprint configs. Use RML's curves for both, that'll help with 180s.

Turn Assist is more for vehicles, I wouldn't touch it for anything else. Use RML's Sprint config and hold down the sprint button for the increased sensitivity. Alternately, setup the Sprint config as a toggle and add some buttons to deactivate (e.g ADS, Fire, Crouch, Reload, but NOT Jump).

Delay (on ADS page) and Steady Aim are for Call of Duty. Leave both off, or at 0 for Destiny. Any ADS delay is the game engine and depends on both weapon and build perks.

Thx for reply!

Yes, I've max sens in game and in the mouse. Hip at 25 is waay to fast for me... I am from PC gaming background where I use 600-800DPI in most PC games, so I just can't be accurate with those settings. I'll check out curves. Thx!

Offline AFC

• Don't waste your time looking back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:47 AM - 08/12/16 »
Are you using a key board or sony nav? I'm using a sony nav and Razer taipan mouse. Tried using a key board for destiny but it's horrible for movement. The sony nav works best. Also suggest getting a BenQ gaming monitor. anyone up for trials this weekend?

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:08 AM - 08/12/16 »
3fF to me it kind of sounds like you are not truly activating the ADS profile.

If your hip is ~20 and you ADS but the profile you have for ADS with less sensitivity is not activated that would still feel very fast. Are you sure right mouse button is set as the activation key of ADS profile?

Other ideas:

1. your mouse is not truly at 6500DPI, it is set to much more, 12000DPI?  When you adjust in Windows can you write the 6500DPI setting to the device as default DPI?

2. your mouse truly IS set to 6500DPI, but your mouse has hardware acceleration built in?  Please verify if this mouse has acceleration and if it can be disabled in any way in Steelseries Engine, that is crucial.
« Last Edit: 09:15 AM - 08/12/16 by humanfemale »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:46 PM - 08/12/16 »
Are you using a key board or sony nav? I'm using a sony nav and Razer taipan mouse. Tried using a key board for destiny but it's horrible for movement. The sony nav works best. Also suggest getting a BenQ gaming monitor. anyone up for trials this weekend?

It depends what you're used to. I'm an old-school PC gamer myself, so keyboard is far more intuitive and easy to use than the Sony nav, which feels slow, clunky and lacks control. Different strokes...

Yes, I've max sens in game and in the mouse. Hip at 25 is waay to fast for me... I am from PC gaming background where I use 600-800DPI in most PC games, so I just can't be accurate with those settings. I'll check out curves. Thx!

PC DPI doesn't translate to the Xim where it's important to use the highest native DPI for your mouse to get closest to the raw input of the sensor.

You've got conflicting goals - greater precision is diametrically opposed to faster turn-speeds. You can have one or the other, not both, at least not on the same Xim config page. HIP is for fast turns, ADS is for precision.

Keep in mind that you won't be shooting from the HIP for most weapons, though 25 should still be controllable. ADS of 15 @ 6500 should feel pretty slow by comparison.
« Last Edit: 06:33 PM - 08/12/16 by antithesis »