XIM Community

How to use 3.5mm jack?  (Read 997 times)

Offline Diehard22222

• View Profile
How to use 3.5mm jack?
« on: 12:55 AM - 08/08/16 »
Hello just got the xim and would like to know how i can use the 3.5mm jack on the controller.

Thanks.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How to use 3.5mm jack?
« Reply #1 on: 01:57 AM - 08/08/16 »
if you have a PS4, you cannot. Check in the hardware compatibility section. it lists what is uspported and what is not.

« Last Edit: 02:04 AM - 08/08/16 by willthetech »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 09:27 AM - 08/08/16 »
Welcome to the community. But, for Xbox One it'll work plugged in as you'd normally use it. If that's not happening, please let us know.

For PS4 you'll need to use a low cost USB audio adapter connected directly into your PS4.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:43 AM - 08/08/16 »
in general just connect your headset to the audio port and thats it :)

maybe worth to mention is that the xbox 3,5mm jack is a 4pin connector means it also has a mic included
depending on what you want to connect to it you might require an y-adapter to split that chatsound and the mic
so if your headphone has two separated connectors than thats what you need
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Diehard22222

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:32 PM - 08/08/16 »
Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned i had the ps4. This means the audio jack on the controller won't work with the xim.

At leat it gave me the incentive to buy a proper gaming head set - the steelseries siberia 800.

And i must say you did an amazing job making this thing. Works perfectly for destiny on ps4.

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:53 AM - 08/09/16 »
I have the X1S and an older set of TB X41's. I hooked the digital connection to the X41 hub and in settings set the Xbox sound out put to dolby digital, the sound is great.

The problem I have is the stupid 2.5mm cable that came with the X41 is not a 4 pin, it only has 2 rings. With a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter I can plug it in to the controller but my Mic does not work.

So I get beautiful Digital sound with no Mic...sucks...
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:29 PM - 08/09/16 »
Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned i had the ps4. This means the audio jack on the controller won't work with the xim.

At leat it gave me the incentive to buy a proper gaming head set - the steelseries siberia 800.

And i must say you did an amazing job making this thing. Works perfectly for destiny on ps4.

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using Tapatalk

I would stay away from the Astro TR stuff for now, their previous stuff was good. its what i use now, Mix amp pro. i returned the TR's, so many issues and no prompt fixes. I was going to try the new TB mix amp but ill wait until i hear more reviews about it. or just get the Gold Sony headsets as suggested here before....

happy gaming  ;D

Admin