XIM Community

NEWLY ANNOUNCED: Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse  (Read 10624 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
NEWLY ANNOUNCED: Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse
« on: 08:03 PM - 08/02/16 »
UPDATE: It is now official!

https://twitter.com/LogitechG/status/765443227247927296

OFFICIAL PRODUCT PAGE: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/pro-gaming-mouse?ClickID=cqlqnvalqllvxesaqv7qlxqa44fiweipqnll

Shows availability for September 10th at a pricetag of $69.99.

Here is a early review from a member on OCN who got sent a review copy I guess, lots of details and pictures:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1608862/logitech-g-pro-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino#post_25440438

----
(old post)
So it seems there is a new Logitech mouse coming down the pipeline.

So far the mouse has been pretty "under wraps" so you will not see any articles about it around on the net. Basically the rumors started when some CS GO pros began talking about a new "g100s" like mouse with a new sensor (most likely Logitech's 3366 found in the most popular XIM-friendly mice: G502, G303 and G900). There is some discussion going on about the mouse over on the Overclock.net forums:

Here is one of the leaked pics:

Definitely has a safe and friendly G100s shape to it. Should be a pretty popular mouse among XIM users once it hits stores because finally Logitech has listened and will release a non-spaceship "uber-gamer" styled mouse.

Just wanted to give the heads up in case anyone will be mouse shopping anytime soon.

Still no words on any release times or dates, heck, the mouse has yet to be officially acknowledged by Logitech. On Twitter, many people have been pestering Logitech about the existence of this mouse and tweeting them these leaked pics and so far Logitech has been (unsuccessfully) trying to deny the existence of this so called "G200".
« Last Edit: 01:07 AM - 08/16/16 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Re: New Logitech Mouse - "G200"
« Reply #1 on: 12:44 PM - 08/03/16 »
Looks like they took the front of the G303 and the back of the G100S.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline cirrostratus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:01 PM - 08/08/16 »
I have been following the OCN thread since the beginning and I am glad it showed up on the XIM forums. I prefer lightweight mice with safe shapes and that seems to go against the de facto favourite around here, the G502, and Logitech in general in recent years.

Anyways, Logitech finally acknowledges this mouse, they posted a video:

Looks like MX300/G100s based shape, PMW3366, and G303/G900 metal spring tensioned buttons separated from the shell, all confirmed. Classic shape, best sensor, best clicks! Side buttons only on the left, which I personally prefer but not so great for lefties; Logitech has always been unkind to them. Likely to be announced/demoed in full at Gamescom.

What does OBsIV need for full compatibility with XIM4 when it releases? I have been waiting for this kind of mouse for a very long time and it seems like Logitech finally listened! Hype! ;D ;D ;D
XIM4 | PS3, PS4, PC | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Topre Realforce R2 PFU | Sennheiser Game One

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 07:07 PM - 08/08/16 »
Yep, no side-buttons for lefties...again.

How hard is it to bang two small buttons on both sides and make everyone happy? :shakefist:

The eternal hunt for the perfect lefty mouse continues...

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:29 PM - 08/08/16 »
Yep, no side-buttons for lefties...again.

How hard is it to bang two small buttons on both sides and make everyone happy? :shakefist:

The eternal hunt for the perfect lefty mouse continues...
That's the stupidest thing. My pinky has pressed the G900 right side button so many times without wanting to it's ridiculous. 4 buttons on one side like the g700 would be perfect.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 08:08 PM - 08/08/16 »
That's the stupidest thing. My pinky has pressed the G900 right side button so many times without wanting to it's ridiculous. 4 buttons on one side like the g700 would be perfect.

Side buttons can be disabled. Having no buttons at all is kinda hard to resolve.

Offline cirrostratus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:35 PM - 08/08/16 »

Side buttons can be disabled. Having no buttons at all is kinda hard to resolve.

Lefties are a fraction of the population, and gamers are a fraction of that. Logitech is one of the oldest names in the business and they probably have the data/done the math that having right side buttons would be a net loss in terms of sales gained vs additional cost, especially given their global distribution and volume. Not to mention the right handed buyers annoyed by buttons they don't use. Tyranny of the majority.

It took a while for Logitech to even consider returning to their classic shape. I remember reading about a Logitech product manager who said flashy shapes, "gamer" design, RGB lighting, heftier weight (sign of "quality"), DPI are all things that sell and I can't argue with that. The G502 and G303 are consistent bestsellers globally.  The G200 is a step in the right direction in terms of listening to esports pros/enthusiasts. I just hope it sells enough to convince Logitech there's a big enough market.
XIM4 | PS3, PS4, PC | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Topre Realforce R2 PFU | Sennheiser Game One

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 11:19 PM - 08/08/16 »
Tyranny of the majority.

True, however smaller manufacturers like Zowie and Mionix manage to sell quality ambidextrous mice. Unfortunately, none of them come with the 3366 sensor yet, and they have their own minor annoyances and issues.

If all a company cares about is profits and not fulfilling a customer need, then by all means they should neglect the 10% of the market that is crying out for one, just one, decent ambidextrous or lefty mouse. Those who do it capture a significant portion of that smaller lefty market vs a mere fraction of the much more competitive right-handed mouse market.

Logitech got close with the G900, but it's built for palm grip, not claw or fingertip (a smaller version would be perfect, again Zowie takes this approach). Banging two buttons on a G303 would be the ideal, lightweight, no-fuss gaming mouse. I use the G303 myself, but would really like those extra two buttons.

It's not like they need to do any design revision other than slotting a couple of extra $2 switches in there. They had the chance to do it on the G200, but it's another opportunity lost for those who need the freedom of choice the most. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of gaming mice that we lefties simply can't use, whereas righties are nothing short of spoiled for choice.
« Last Edit: 04:28 AM - 08/10/16 by antithesis »

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #8 on: 12:32 PM - 08/09/16 »

Lefties are a fraction of the population, and gamers are a fraction of that. Logitech is one of the oldest names in the business and they probably have the data/done the math that having right side buttons would be a net loss in terms of sales gained vs additional cost, especially given their global distribution and volume. Not to mention the right handed buyers annoyed by buttons they don't use. Tyranny of the majority.

It took a while for Logitech to even consider returning to their classic shape. I remember reading about a Logitech product manager who said flashy shapes, "gamer" design, RGB lighting, heftier weight (sign of "quality"), DPI are all things that sell and I can't argue with that. The G502 and G303 are consistent bestsellers globally.  The G200 is a step in the right direction in terms of listening to esports pros/enthusiasts. I just hope it sells enough to convince Logitech there's a big enough market.

Idk about the G303 being a best seller globally. Lol

It's pretty much discontinued.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:13 PM - 08/09/16 »

G303 = G200 with a different arse end.

I think a lot of folks took issue with the odd shade of the G303 (hence being discontinued), but the abrupt drop-off works for me. If I could cut the last 1-2cm off the Zowie FK2 or G900, they'd be close to ideal. Curse this left-handed, fingertip-grip double whammy!

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:17 PM - 08/09/16 »
Hopefully this thing is announced soon. Logitech is pretty quick to start shipping after a product announcement.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline cirrostratus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:46 PM - 08/09/16 »
True, however smaller manufacturers like Zowie and Mionix manage to sell quality ambidextrous mice.

[...]

Logitech got close with the G900, but it's built for palm grip, not claw or fingertip (a smaller version would be perfect, again Zowie takes this approach).

It makes sense that Zowie can be more flexible as it moves in much smaller volumes. It's kind of like the yearly iPhone launch. Apple sells in such high volumes around a large geographic area that parts supply chains, logistics, factory scheduling, tooling, UPS/FedEx etc. are huge mountains to move and costs multiply quickly. I can find Logitech gaming mice in basically any electronics store or places like Staples whereas Zowie mice are only carried by a few specialty electronics stores and hot products like the EC2-A go fast. The G900 probably only got buttons because they're physically swappable on a high margin flagship halo product.

I meant before they cleared out the inventory :P I think the G303 was an unintentional product. They designed the G302 for MOBA players but I can only assume their sponsored CSGO teams pestered them because they wanted a lighter mouse than the 502. Some of their pros still stick to the G100s. That would explain why there were so many sensor rattle issues, they just slapped the PMW3366 in last minute. They'll probably sell the G302 as the entry-level mouse now with the G200 slotting under the G502.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:34 AM - 08/10/16 »
Hopefully this thing is announced soon. Logitech is pretty quick to start shipping after a product announcement.

I hope so, waiting on a light comfortable 3366 mouse is becoming agonising.
Why is this wholely new ground break super duper awesome new sensor technology not in absolutely everything right now..?

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:40 AM - 08/10/16 »

Why is this wholely new ground break super duper awesome new sensor technology not in absolutely everything right now..?

It's starting to be, in the form of the "3360" which is the non-Logitech version of the sensor I guess.

Lot's of 3360 mice coming out lately but nothing that really stands out so far. Steelseries Rival 700, a bunch of Sensei clones, Finalmouse. A lot of them have some kind of issue: are just too big, heavy, crappy build quality etc etc.

You can always count on Logitech mice on having solid build quality and performance, so this upcoming mouse might be "the one".
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:53 AM - 08/10/16 »

It's starting to be, in the form of the "3360" which is the non-Logitech version of the sensor I guess.

Lot's of 3360 mice coming out lately but nothing that really stands out so far. Steelseries Rival 700, a bunch of Sensei clones, Finalmouse. A lot of them have some kind of issue: are just too big, heavy, crappy build quality etc etc.

You can always count on Logitech mice on having solid build quality and performance, so this upcoming mouse might be "the one".

Agreed, lets hope we aren't waiting too long.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Admin