XIM Community

Couple of tech questions PC related. GTX1080  (Read 6443 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of tech questions PC related. GTX1080
« Reply #45 on: 04:33 AM - 10/27/16 »
Still struggling to run minesweeper then fella XD

No my PC is obliterating anything i throw at it atm, but GTAV my FPS was a little under what i would expect for the GPU. No biggy, still bucket fulls above Console FPS fella xD.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05:08 AM - 10/27/16 »
As long as your happy mate thats all that matters.  I aint got the spare cash to build a decent rig as i have recently dropped about 60k on my house.

I am just jealous

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11:47 AM - 10/27/16 »
As long as your happy mate thats all that matters.  I aint got the spare cash to build a decent rig as i have recently dropped about 60k on my house.

I am just jealous

Its all about priorities mate. We moved about year ago as you know, spend spend spend! A house is a bottomless pit in terms of spending cash, did you get that conversion for a gaming room done then?

I'm happy with the card, since i just checked this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7eG2lEgfTI

The guy has a better CPU and lower settings in some cases and has less FPS than me, it must be the boost clock on this Zotac Amp extreme! It's nuts, since it auto clocks to over 2ghz like its nothing and is yet to get over 60 in temps. Even when running some realism mods. Cant wait to play some Skyrim SE edition tonight too..

No two systems are the same though. So probably why colb says he has average 100fps, Still kinda scratching my head at that though tbh, i'm just jelly though.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12:26 PM - 10/27/16 »
GTA is kinda odd, did you try manually changing hyperthreading to on and maximium performance in the Nvdia panel?

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01:00 PM - 10/27/16 »
Yea i got my old external garage demolished and rebuilt, redone the garden and added a conservatory on but now its all done i can sit back and play some games XD

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 02:49 PM - 10/27/16 »
GTA is kinda odd, did you try manually changing hyperthreading to on and maximium performance in the Nvdia panel?

Yea both settings on/max ;/

Yea i got my old external garage demolished and rebuilt, redone the garden and added a conservatory on but now its all done i can sit back and play some games XD

Happy days dude! :D

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11:00 PM - 10/28/16 »
Are you going to try VR?  I repurchased Oculus from Amazon UK.  Saves so much money buying from UK LOL.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02:33 PM - 10/29/16 »
Are you going to try VR?  I repurchased Oculus from Amazon UK.  Saves so much money buying from UK LOL.

Tried it, both the CV1 and HTC Vive, getting a vive asap.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #53 on: 05:49 PM - 10/29/16 »
I have a vive and a 1070, if you guys get the vive the game onward is a must. For a little bit there it saved my vive from collecting dust. Keep in mind that there are no triple a games on the vive yet. Some great indie @#$% like onward but nothing really that maximizes the performance of your rig and vr with a good story and gameplay combined. Sad but true. This is the biggest advantage sony has in vr.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10:53 PM - 10/29/16 »
 Lone Echo with Touch Controller made me repurchase the OC, plus Arktika.1 and Robo Recall.