XIM Community

Make xim or the next xim plug and play  (Read 1599 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Make xim or the next xim plug and play
« Reply #15 on: 04:19 PM - 08/02/16 »
The Xim has limited memory slots. If you fill them up with games peeps don't play, we'll get a million complaints about that instead, as well as numpties being clueless about how to delete them, and queries about the ability to play those games once deleted. Rock, meet hard place...better to have a clean slate and let the user decide what goes on their device.

I do agree that a default set of bindings should be a user-selectable option, so we don't need to re-do each new config from scratch. I'm sure the Xim Edge manager had that. Set it up in Global Options > Bindings, or similar, then each game can be tweaked from the ST.

At the end of the day, Xim is not for dummies. Dummies can buy competing plug-and-play m/kb devices, be thoroughly disappointed by the performance, then come to Xim4 for the real deal. Customisation adds complexity and none of us want features removed. That's why much of that stuff is buried in the Advanced tab.
« Last Edit: 08:01 PM - 08/02/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee
« Reply #16 on: 07:27 PM - 08/02/16 »
What he's basically suggesting is...

"Make it so I don't have to use my brain to make stuff happen, because I'm just that lazy... kthxbai".

-_-'
Yes. That is exactly what am saying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So you don't want to give your brain some much needed exercise, ok then... have fun with alzheimer's in your elderly life.

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:51 PM - 08/02/16 »
What he's basically suggesting is...

"Make it so I don't have to use my brain to make stuff happen, because I'm just that lazy... kthxbai".

-_-'
Yes. That is exactly what am saying

So you don't want to give your brain some much needed exercise, ok then... have fun with alzheimer's in your elderly life.
Lol. Relax I am studying computer engineering. I must admit I was bored when I wrote this post while studying differential equations. To be honest I did not expect it to gain this much traction. To all the positive people out their I applaud your answers as they are inviting and not condemning. Peace and have a great day to all.

« Last Edit: 07:56 PM - 08/02/16 by bf4noob56676 »

Admin