XIM Community

Anyone seen this mouse yet? It looks flippin wicked.  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone seen this mouse yet? It looks flippin wicked.
« Reply #1 on: 06:51 AM - 07/12/16 »
Haha I hate that gamer style design, just want it to look clean and normal above all else.

I only use the basic controls on the mouse, don't need all the buttons and gimmicks. da2013 is perfect imo, wouldnt change a thing.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #2 on: 08:53 AM - 07/12/16 »
Interesting mouse, but a little out there lol.  Best aspect of the mouse is the onboard OLED screen that tells you what settings you're in.  Nice that it has a lot of buttons too, but not sure about their placement.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:38 AM - 07/12/16 »
Seems like something that would be good for vehicles and turrets for XIM4 -- could bind it to turn assist.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:03 AM - 07/13/16 »
Putting the aesthetic choices aside, my only other gripe with it is not having both wired and wireless modes, like the Logitech G700 and similar mice have... I think they should have given us that option instead of making it wired only. Other than that, I quite like it.

-My Setup-

- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 01:34 AM - 07/13/16 »
Right-handed only...like a boss.

Aside from that, it looks like they're giving it a red-hot go, particularly with the analog switches.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #6 on: 08:49 AM - 07/13/16 »
Interesting. How does kickstarter work when you back a project? Do you get charged right away? Or when they shipped the item?

Sent from No Land Beyond using Tapatalk

XiM3R since ever since.

MrSir

« Reply #7 on: 08:53 AM - 07/13/16 »
looks kinda neat, tilt would be useful for leaning without giving up q and e. good sensor too, i dunno about that weird drop down design though

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:35 AM - 07/13/16 »
Interesting. How does kickstarter work when you back a project? Do you get charged right away? Or when they shipped the item?

Basically you commit to pay them your pledge amount.  If they reach their specified fund raising goal, you will be charged at the end of the fund raising period.  So right now, it says 29 days to go, I will be charged in 29 days.

You fund them in advance, so they can put in a production order for the components they need to build the item.  Then they ship it when it is completed.
Gotcha. I would back this if it's a guarantee that it would be compatible with the xim4.......or xim5.

XiM3R since ever since.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:12 PM - 07/13/16 »
I've been wanting to back the project " Grifta " it's been I think 2 years since I first came across that project.  Till now it still hasn't been released, if I'm not mistaken.   I've read comments about people already getting frustrated about when they would receive their order. The developer seems to always come across issues with the product hence the delay. So that makes me wonder. How often do these projects (kickstarter) actually pull through and become a successful finished product? I so want to back this mouse but I don't want to experience what those "Grifta" backers are going through. Anyone have any success stories with kickstarter?

XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Rouss3l

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:10 PM - 07/14/16 »
Would jump at this if it had macro support on board. That would make the ultimate 'gaming' mouse. Think they missed am opportunity with that.

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:04 AM - 07/15/16 »
I've been wanting to back the project " Grifta " it's been I think 2 years since I first came across that project.  Till now it still hasn't been released, if I'm not mistaken.   I've read comments about people already getting frustrated about when they would receive their order. The developer seems to always come across issues with the product hence the delay. So that makes me wonder. How often do these projects (kickstarter) actually pull through and become a successful finished product? I so want to back this mouse but I don't want to experience what those "Grifta" backers are going through. Anyone have any success stories with kickstarter?

I'm one of those unfortunate backers of the GRIFTA, and while I haven't been venting my frustration towards Paul W. like some others over there are, it is getting a bit annoying with the lack of updates as of late. I'll wait a bit longer and see what comes of it, hopefully they will be sent out before the year is over... I really do want this thing.

-My Setup-

Offline Rouss3l

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:43 AM - 07/15/16 »
Do you know for sure it doesn't?

Edit:

They say you can bind any key to any button.  They also say you can bind copy and paste in word...which isn't a one-button hotkey.
If there was in depth macro possibilities I think they would have advertised it a little more.

Offline AFC

• Don't waste your time looking back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:25 AM - 07/15/16 »
Shut up and take my cash. I like the nickel brushed block for holding the wire. Nice touch.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:56 AM - 07/17/16 »
Took the plunge and backed it. Christmas is gonna be good this year!!!! Fingers crossed.

XiM3R since ever since.