XIM Community

can the XIM be used to change the deadzones on the controller sticks?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline 12xu

• View Profile
is it possible to reduce the deadzone of the sticks on a certain game with the XIM? when i don't want to use mouse and keyboard, just the controller on the xim, is it possible then to change the dead-zones of the sticks of the controller connected to the XIM?

i hope it is understandable what i mean.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
yes you can do that, you will find that option in every game config :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline yaas2.0

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: tokoloshe2
yes you can do that, you will find that option in every game config :)

How would this be done ?

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
In Manager, go to Joystick tab and adjust from there.  Go too low (500-550 on PS4) and stick will become unresponsive.

Offline yaas2.0

• View Profile
In Manager, go to Joystick tab and adjust from there.  Go too low (500-550 on PS4) and stick will become unresponsive.

Thanks. I didn't know this was possible. Also which port does the controller have to be plugged into for this to work ? Is the port at the back still ok or will you need two controllers?

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
Works on port 3 (one at the back) so no need for second controller :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
The Deadzone value for Joystick under the Advanced options will apply to controllers that are being used for cross console play. When you use a controller for cross console, it is treated as a joystick.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
So he will need a 2nd controller then?

When I was messing with the values and got too low, it stopped my DS4 stick from working.  I just assumed it was shrinking the Deadzone, but wasn't sure tbh.

I know it took me best part of 2 days until I figured out what I'd done to fix the thing! - :-[  lol

Offline yaas2.0

• View Profile
The Deadzone value for Joystick under the Advanced options will apply to controllers that are being used for cross console play. When you use a controller for cross console, it is treated as a joystick.

Second controller ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

Second controller ?

yes you have 1 controller attached to port3 for authentification with the console and then another controller in port1 or port2 that those changes apply to then

for example when you want to play with an xbox elite controller on the playstation :)
or you want to use a joystick for flying in some games
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay