*error Fixed*
« on: 01:24 AM - 06/21/16 »
Error fixed its all good now
« Last Edit: 11:23 PM - 06/25/16 by mikael »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
So are you saying that a Xim2 works better in BO3 than a Xim4?

My assumption would be that the AA and look mechanics in console games have gotten significantly worse in recent years, so the ST has to work harder to overcome it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with AA using a Xim4. Granted, others do, so my experience isn't a reflection of the broader community and I have yet to play BO3.

What gear are you using? DPI? Poll? Pad? Mouse? Keyboard or Nav?

OBsIV is working hard on test firmware to overcome some of the reported AA issues. Be patient a little longer and with any luck you'll get the Xim magic back.
« Last Edit: 04:09 AM - 06/21/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
I use this thing since first version too and I canīt disagree from what youīre saying even if youīre being a bit too harsh about it.

Also donīt forget that Aim Assist got stronger and stronger last years. On Bo1 time aim assist was nothing compared to the current one, it all makes a difference on both XIM behaviour and how your controller oponents aim at you.

One thing I agree tho, on Standard Translators you donīt get the aiming error and overshooting/fight against the mouse that you get with Smart ones, when ADS. The transition was smoother and all the bullets would register no problem. But Obsiv is working on that so soon it will be perfect.

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM4 with ST V2 is more like a hot rod than a sports car.  They put everything into high horsepower and torque but nothing into handling.

This 'super high resolution makes it superior'(or whatever it was called) to previous versions is nothing more than stats on a piece of paper.  It has nothing to do with the feel of the device, which clearly is lacking.

It looks like a solution is being worked on, but to be honest, this has been pointed out since the ST V2 was a thing and was completely dismissed as the V2 is superior just get used to it.

IMO, how it feels should trump specs every day of the week, especially when such a large amount of the customer base has been pointing out 'this feels off' for so long.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Hey Mikael,

Like you, I've been struggling a bit with STv2. I'm sure you're aware of the thread with the current testing going on for Steady Aim. I'd like to encourage you to voice more of your opinion there. My hope is that with the testing going on we can make XIM4 a better experience for those of us struggling with the upgrade. This includes helping players that like alot of AA and those that don't.

If we can't get Steady Aim to perform like we'd like to, then I may jump on the Standard Translator band wagon with you. However, I believe that is a fight we cannot win.

Pick your battles, please join the one already being fought!

Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
At this point in the development of the technology we are now talking specifically about "optimizing" AA. But we should understand what is being asked for a game where you can actually disable AA -- manipulating the look mechanic so that you get both the advantage of mouse aim and the advantage of AA that is "just right". As I'm working on this new Steady Aim feature, it really does feel like I'm starting to move into the "macro" space where I said I'd never take the product. The goal has always be as 1:1 as possible. STv2 achieves that. But, these Stead Aim experiments are moving away from that quickly for the sole purpose of manipulating AA. I'm still working on it, but,  want people the understand where this is going.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I don't see optimising AA as taking the macro route. It's not like we're cheating the system, the AA's built-in and puts our gamepad opposition at an advantage more often than not.

There's little point fighting the current trend of heavy AA when it's obviously starting to put long-time users off the Xim.

I don't care for AA and would like the option to minimise it. But it seemingly needs to be scalable to maximise AA for those who sit on that side of the fence.

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
At this point in the development of the technology we are now talking specifically about "optimizing" AA. But we should understand what is being asked for a game where you can actually disable AA -- manipulating the look mechanic so that you get both the advantage of mouse aim and the advantage of AA that is "just right". As I'm working on this new Steady Aim feature, it really does feel like I'm starting to move into the "macro" space where I said I'd never take the product. The goal has always be as 1:1 as possible. STv2 achieves that. But, these Stead Aim experiments are moving away from that quickly for the sole purpose of manipulating AA. I'm still working on it, but,  want people the understand where this is going.

I want 1:1 in feel, not on some spec sheet.  Whats the point of 1:1 from specs when it makes the game feel no where near 1:1? 

I'd really like to know why the company stance is 1:1 via specs trumps 1:1 via feel.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I don't care for AA and would like the option to minimise it.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to use work on this new Steady Aim feature, but, what I don't understand is why people don't just turn off AA in the game.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Don't get me wrong, I will continue to use work on this new Steady Aim feature, but, what I don't understand is why people don't just turn off AA in the game.

It's not an option in all games.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
There is only one game we are taking about here: CoD.

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
I don't care for AA and would like the option to minimise it.

Even the games that have the option to turn off AA, don't actually turn it off, in the overwhelming majority of cases.  It just turns it down, or turns off one aspect of AA, like rotational or snap-to.

Now I'm not one of those that has had a problem with AA, for the most part.  I have had the bouncing cursor around targets and the cursor that is kept just at bay of a target now and again, just like pretty much everyone, I'd guess, but never to the point that it spoils the experience.  I don't feel that STv2 is bad at all, or completely share the opinions of those that do, but then I am primarily a sniper in shooters and sniper rifles generally have the least amount of AA in every game.  I don't want to poo poo what RML and others are saying either.  Just giving my experience and explaining why my experience may be different.

I will say that I do notice a difference in aiming, for the better, using your Beta of Steady Aim, so there is definitely some merit to AA messing with XIM aim.  As mentioned previously, I already knew that as it would impact my aim on occasion, just not to the point where I found it a huge problem.  It's been so long since I used STv1 FWs that I can't honestly say if it happens more now than before, but it definitely happened for me at least every now and then, even on STv1.

I prefer STv2 myself.  Although I haven't used STv1 in a long time, that was my initial reaction after the switch and it only strengthened over time.  I like STv2 even better with your Steady Aim Beta, though, so again, there is definitely some merit to looking at how AA affects XIM aim, even if I may not feel it's an issue to the same degree as other XIM users.

Offline G502DoBeHeavy

• MVP
    • View Profile
I kind of agree with OP, although it's a bit harsh sounding. I was always a fan of Standards over ST's. But at the time I remember everyone saying making it easier to use (removing standards) would bring more people into the xim world, and now here we are trying to add more options to STV2. We are slowly going back to Standards or Standard-Like ST's, which I love.

OP makes it sound like Obsiv is purposely trying to make it worse, and I know that's not true. I think the main issue is games stronger AA of late.

My perfect idea of how XIM would work with COD is to be able to leave AA on, and have the AA help you when you need it and be able to push through when you dont. I think the recent changes to STV2 with the steady aim/boost changes is getting closer to having the adjust-ability we need, but not quite there.

But again I think being able to change exact variables like we could in the standards would be better and lead to more people coming up with stuff that works. Because there is no way Obsiv can spend the time in COD like some of us can to perfect it.

Offline Dr_BallSticks

• "Curves make Godz"
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Godly Aim xo
  • PSN ID: Godly_aim
This is a losing battle Obsiv...These users don't know what they want, or don't realize the difficulty in creating what they're asking for. They say they don't want AA and are creating curves called 'anti-aim assist' when the true way to do this is to disable it. This makes no sense from a technical stand point.

here's the thing though..they don't want that! They want AA's benefits (aimbot feel) but don't want its sole purpose, which is 'SLOW DOWN'.

I think what They really want is too feel 'special and morally right' about there 'aiming capabilities'..so they say they want 1:1 with 'minimized AA'... then they try to disable it but then quickly realize they cant keep up with controller players without AA. So then they come back and complain more.

I have no doubt that STV1 feels better due to it being less precise and potentially have artificial acceleration which HELPS with AA. but for you to ask for a less precise firmware and then 'seemingly' bash a more precise product is Stu-pid. If you disabled AA and played true 1:1 on both firmwares, you'd prefer stv2, it's more accurate!

Anyways, Obsiv, continue the amazing work on stv2. I love this firmware with my curves and your new experimental firmware. My shot is crispier than ever and AA is officially my BI*tch. If you can somehow make steady aim even better I'd be a lost for words.

If people started doing simple logic on this issue they'd realize the solution to these stronger AA games is simple....And that's 'predictable acceleration curves' . If you can't see this from a mathematical standpoint, you have bigger issues with you're problem solving skills than you do with AA.

Personally I'd say keep dipping your toes into Maximizing AA to our ADVANTAGE. Completely exploit it. Then allow the users to decide whether or not they want to use this 'Optimized aim assist feature'. Like everyone is always so quick to say to defend it, "you're not doing anything a controller couldn't do." :)
« Last Edit: 11:02 AM - 06/21/16 by Dr_BallSticks »

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Error fixed. its all good
« Last Edit: 11:22 PM - 06/25/16 by mikael »