XIM Community

Rumble?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
Rumble?
« on: 02:30 PM - 02/10/10 »
Kind of a longshot, but will you be passing rumble through the device?
I ask because, frankly, no one else did. I don't personally care for rumble, but if you had someone using an HID-standard rumble pad in their left hand, could you cause it to rumble?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Rumble?
« Reply #1 on: 12:46 AM - 02/11/10 »
This is, of course, possible. Demand, time and resources drive priorities. I haven't heard much about people wanting something like this. What sort of devices are you thinking about when you talk about single-handed rumble pads?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:11 AM - 02/11/10 »
Does the fragx chuck have a rumble feature? That would be a good place to start if your holding off on flight sticks and racing wheels.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:37 AM - 02/11/10 »
When I think rumble I think back to when I first got my hands on a XIM2, back in the rare days when they were made with the chip and an insane soldering job.

I was so excited, I rushed out and bought Halo 3, got home and hooked it all up and then was horrified as my precious XIM2 took a nose dive off the desk to the hardwood because of the rumble.  :o

No rumble for me thanks.

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #4 on: 11:41 AM - 02/11/10 »
Not necessarily "single-handed" rumble pads (though, that'd be kinda cool).
I was more thinking just pass-thru the rumble on to whatever happens to support it. I'm not saying I want it necessarily just someone may.
I happen to use a PS3 game pad since the positioning of the d-pad and left-stick is pretty ideal for one handed usage IMO. If it rumbled, I don't know if I'd like it or not...

Although, IF I do end up getting that Novint Falcon setup, I probably would want rumble to pass thru my XIM3 to it... how well that'd work I have no clue...

Offline Kymar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kymar5150
« Reply #5 on: 04:58 PM - 02/27/10 »
I think he's refering to the rumble gaming mouse and keyboard you are going to create for us after the XIM3 is finished :).  That's what the power adapter is for right? :P lol jk.

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #6 on: 03:09 PM - 03/10/10 »
When I think rumble I think back to when I first got my hands on a XIM2, back in the rare days when they were made with the chip and an insane soldering job.

I was so excited, I rushed out and bought Halo 3, got home and hooked it all up and then was horrified as my precious XIM2 took a nose dive off the desk to the hardwood because of the rumble.  :o

No rumble for me thanks.
Mine did the same thing!   :o Scared me to death.