XIM Community

[PENDING] XIM4 failing blinking Turq, Pink, Yel, Cyan  (Read 1105 times)

Offline reebohyeah

• View Profile
20160405 IOs FW
PS4
PS4 controller - Port 3
Razer Naga Hex mouse - Port 1
PS navigation - Port 2
Playing BO3

This is the second time I have had this issue.  The last unit was sent in and a new one was sent back.

I have used this set up for almost the whole release of BO3.  I have not had any issues with this setup since the my new unit came in the mail.  I have updated the FW several times to keep up with the IOs updates that happen.  Still, no issues when I have done the updates. 

I went to start up my XIM4 as usually and it started to do the weird blinking with the turq, pink, yel, cyan colors.  I have tried to re-install the FW by performing a Factory Reset.  This did not fix it.  Please advise.
« Last Edit: 10:16 PM - 06/18/16 by OBsIV »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 failing blinking Turq, Pink, Yel, Cyan
« Reply #1 on: 09:12 PM - 06/17/16 »
hey,

ill move your topic to the support forum, obsiv surely wants to check this out since you already went through a RMA process

by re-installing do you mean a factory restore?
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 failing blinking Turq, Pink, Yel, Cyan
« Reply #2 on: 09:38 PM - 06/17/16 »
This one is really rare, it means that your XIM4s onboard RAM didn't pass the boot up check.

The chances of something so rare like this happening twice for the same person is very unusual.

Has your XIM4 ever been statically shocked?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline reebohyeah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:11 PM - 06/18/16 »
Not that I know of. The XIM4 sits on a wooden table with everything plugged in.  I only ever move the mouse and PS Move nunchuck. I start up the PS4, after it has booted up I plug in the xim4. Then wait for the XIM to finish its boot sequence. Then load the profile I wish to use and play.   Not much else change from that.

I am not sure what else I could be doing that would statically shock the XIM and knock it out of whack.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 10:16 PM - 06/18/16 »
Unfortunately the only option is to send it in again like before. Please PM me the RMA number when you get it so I can follow up with our fulfillment group about this special case.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin