XIM Community

"console controller crossover" question about PS3 fightstick on XB1  (Read 1700 times)

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
Will the XIM4 work with connecting the PS3 Mad Kats SF4 TE fightstick to the XBOne?

I'm assuming not since no matter what I do it doesn't appear to see it connected but I just wanted to make sure I simply wasn't doing something wrong.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It could be that this device presents itself differently than a DS3 controller connected wired. Does this work at all on a PC (does it have a switch on it or anything to switch modes)?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
It does work on PC but does only work on particular PS4 fighting games that they added compatibility for it which may be the issue. However there are no switches on it for any sort of modes.

I know I was able to get it to function on the XBO with the CronusMax I had back when that was the only option for XIM3 + XBO but was simply hoping this would be plug & play rather than finagling the CM to get it to see it again.

The XIM4 doesn't seem to see it at all as even when I'm trying to get it to assign buttons it never senses any button presses on the Fightstick but I can control everything as normal with the XBO controller connected to the XIM itself.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
When connected to a PC, do you see it show up correctly as a USB game controller (within Control Panel under USB Game Controllers)?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
I apologize it is not compatible w/PC from what I'm reading online. I thought it was working due to another controller being installed on the system I was mistaking for it. Apparently this was their way of getting the consumers to buy a new fight stick for SF5.

Guess that means I may be stuck w/using the CM for it :\
« Last Edit: 10:17 PM - 06/14/16 by facade »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I use a Titan One for the same SFIV TE PS3 fight stick on PS4 and XB1.

The only issue with it is the CM/T1 needs to reauthenticate every 10 minutes or so. It takes less than a second, but it's enough to interrupt a clutch combo in a fight game.

To work around that, use a manual authentication GPC script, bind it to something like Select+PS and pop it between rounds.

Here's a link to more info, and the script in question - http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39392.msg494299#msg494299

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
It does the authentication thing for the XB1 too? I thought that was just for the PS4.

Been itching to use it again for TTT2 & Killer Instinct :D

Luckily it works natively for GG: Revenant on PS4.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It does the authentication thing for the XB1 too? I thought that was just for the PS4.

Just for PS4.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Nytemare01

• View Profile
What exactly is the console controller crossover option used for? I just noticed it on there and I wasn't sure what it's all about.

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
It's supposed to let you use a Xbox controller on Playstation & vice versa.