XIM Community

New Xbox for 2017! What does this mean for XIM4?  (Read 5464 times)

Offline swendle

• View Profile
New Xbox for 2017! What does this mean for XIM4?
« on: 12:12 PM - 06/13/16 »
Are there plans to make a XIM5 for the next gen consoles?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: New Xbox for 2017! What does this mean for XIM4?
« Reply #1 on: 12:13 PM - 06/13/16 »
Well, of course. :) But, it sounds like all games will be forward and backward compatible -- including accessories. So, it all should just work. Really good move by Microsoft.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline swendle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:40 PM - 06/13/16 »
Yes! That is really good to hear!

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:38 PM - 06/13/16 »
What??? Already a new gen console? What is that about?

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
New Xbox for 2017! What does this mean for XIM4?
« Reply #4 on: 01:46 PM - 06/13/16 »
Isn't it just a slim xbox one that supports 4k video output (not games, just video) and has bigger HDD options or did I miss something. Hardware performance is supposed to be the same.

It's not the start of a new generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:50 PM - 06/13/16 »
The slim which is mostly the same except with 4k video playback is coming out soon. Xbox One codename Scorpio is a 6 teraflop version coming out holiday season 2017.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:52 PM - 06/13/16 »
Ok gotcha. That's pretty quick for a new console cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:36 PM - 06/13/16 »
Four years again, just like Xbox to Xbox 360.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline xRickyTick

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xRickyTick
« Reply #8 on: 04:10 AM - 06/14/16 »
Yea but how long from 360 to the One? Seems like a decade. Very unexpected, but I'm sure I'll have to buy one  :-\

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #9 on: 04:12 AM - 06/14/16 »
I think this four year cycle was to be expected and also I doesn't render the previous generation obsolete. When this generation came out the two main focus points where the lack of power and the similarities to PC's, so it's not that surprising that there would be two types of consoles on the same generation, just like you have more and less powerful builds in PC gaming.

What I'm more interested to see is the whole "Play anywhere" gimmick. It sounds really good, a little to good to be true... I think it will be only for a handful of titles, but I hope to be wrong.

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:21 AM - 06/14/16 »
cannot wait to hear more about the console, maybe around gamescom in august? :)
a new halo on that console could be HUGE, maybe as a launch title?!

since microsoft is targeting a compatiblitly between the current xbox and the new one which should also include the controllers the xim should work right out of the box
obviously speculation so lets wait for more concrete infos :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:27 AM - 06/14/16 »
cannot wait to hear more about the console, maybe around gamescom in august? :)
a new halo on that console could be HUGE, maybe as a launch title?!

since microsoft is targeting a compatiblitly between the current xbox and the new one which should also include the controllers the xim should work right out of the box
obviously speculation so lets wait for more concrete infos :)

I'm sure I'll have one DAY ONE, of course the first thing I will do is test XIM4 on it.  ;)

Offline britlad

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: britlad
  • PSN ID: britlad
« Reply #12 on: 12:18 PM - 06/14/16 »
i'll be on the scorpio model quicker than a whore on payday can't wait also hopefully they;ll be a xim5 not that there anything wrong with the current model  which thanks to the ximn4 i can't actually play on console

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:16 AM - 06/15/16 »
Still running a 1080p TV? Then you should forget about buying Xbox Scorpio.
That’s the message from Xbox boss Phil Spencer. He was asked by Eurogamer about the thinking behind announcing the new Xbox One S only to an hour later reveal a brand new machine, Xbox Scorpio.
“You should buy [the Xbox One S], because Scorpio is not going to do anything for you,” Spencer said after asking the reviewer what TV he had – in this instance a 1080p set. “Scorpio is designed as a 4K console, and if you don't have a 4K TV, the benefit we've designed for, you're not going to see.
“Clearly, you can buy Scorpio, and if and when you decide you want to buy a 4K television to take advantage of the increased performance, obviously the console will be ready for you. For us in the industry, it's easy to think that most power is always the thing that wins. If you look at last gen, what won? The Wii won. The Wii sold more than we did on Xbox 360 and the PS3, and it wasn't the most powerful console out there. Price is critically important. Wii was a good price and it had a great experience.
“Scorpio is for the person who's got a 4K television, who's really focused on 4K gaming. It's going to be a premium price over what we're selling this one for, and both of them will exist in the market at the same time. Scorpio is for your 4K gamer. And that's what we designed it for.”
It was speculated yesterday that while it seems Xbox Scorpio will have a quite significant power advantage over PS4 Neo, that advantage will come at a cost – that literally being the cost, which could be some $100 more than Sony’s new machine.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:01 AM - 06/15/16 »
That's really dumb messaging. For the first time in years hardcore gamers are looking at an Xbox again, getting excited for the prospect of playing games at true 1080p60 or maybe higher and with advanced graphics and he's putting a pin to that balloon. If it's going to be a mandate that devs must use the extra capability for 4k or VR, basically crapping all that power away, instead of using it how they please then @#$% it. What's the point?

Oh, BTW. The Gears of War 4 devs are saying Xbox One S (not scorpio) will actually be SLIGHTLY more powerful and they'll use that power to clean up some of the rough spots performance wise during the campaign. However, again, Phil Spencer says that's not what Xbox S was designed to do and not to get too excited.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Admin