XIM Community

Borderlands 2 akimbo gunzerking problem...  (Read 1690 times)

Offline jdb2

• View Profile
Borderlands 2 akimbo gunzerking problem...
« on: 01:36 PM - 06/05/16 »
I recently purchased a XIM4 and I've been using it to play split-screen coop with a friend on their Xbox 360. The problem I'm experiencing is, with the Gunzerker character, when I Gunzerk, and I have two weapons akimbo style, only one weapon fires, which kind of defeats the purpose of Gunzerking.

I did modify my config so that the secondary button bindings for my "Hip" setup would "Fire" and "Aim Down Sight" would both be triggered by my left mouse button. The only problem I can see with this set up, is that, AFAIK, the actions, such as "fire", of a game config are hardcoded to a particular console controller button, such as the left trigger and the right trigger in this case. Because of this, I had to set my secondary ADS binding to be triggered by my left mouse button, which is also assigned to "fire" . I hope that everytime I fire I don't ADS, or that would be a major problem.

Anyways, I really wish there was a way to manually assign controller buttons and sticks to specific actions in a config and then bind a key to them.

I know other people have played Borderlands 2 with the XIM4, but I haven't heard a complaint similar to the one in this post ( I searched extensively ), but, perhaps they were using different consoles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jdb2

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 2 akimbo gunzerking problem...
« Reply #1 on: 02:21 PM - 06/05/16 »
not sure where exactly the problem is but if its just the ADS config kicking in when pressing both shoulder buttons (aka the mouse buttons you assigned to that) why not delete the ADS config overall?

you could make two configs, one for when you are gunzerking with no ads and a regular config that you use when not gunzerking
as an activation key to the gunzerking config you use the button that needs to be pressed to activate it ingame

as for the other question, the xbox one offers such a function (to fully change the controller layout which also translates to the xim then) so maybe the xbox360 as it too now?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline jdb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:33 AM - 06/06/16 »
not sure where exactly the problem is but if its just the ADS config kicking in when pressing both shoulder buttons (aka the mouse buttons you assigned to that) why not delete the ADS config overall?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I don't have access to the console so I was just speculating at some possible problems with my new config. Specifically, since AFAIK the only way to activate the right trigger on the Xbox 360 controller in the XIM4 Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 config is to assign it to "Aim Down Sights," I created a secondary mapping in my "Hip" buttons section that fires and ADSs when the left mouse button is pressed. I need the right and left triggers mapped to the left mouse button, which controls when I fire any weapon, because, at least with the default Xbox 360 controller layout setup, when gunzerking, one needs to press both the left and right triggers to gunzerk akimbo with two weapons firing simultaneously ( contrast this with the PC version which only requires one button binding, usually the same left mouse button, to fire two weapons at once when gunzerking  ).

Anyways, I'll take your suggestion into consideration -- Thank you for your help  :)

you could make two configs, one for when you are gunzerking with no ads and a regular config that you use when not gunzerking
as an activation key to the gunzerking config you use the button that needs to be pressed to activate it ingame

Thanks, this is another good idea -- I appreciate it  :)

as for the other question, the xbox one offers such a function (to fully change the controller layout which also translates to the xim then) so maybe the xbox360 as it too now?

The problem with this though, and I'm no console expert ( I only play on my friend's console -- I usually play most games on the PC ), but I think that if you change the controller layout on the Xbox 360, it's global, and applies to both players. The problem is that my friend is using an Xbox 360 controller to play the game and changing anything major would probably make the game impossible to play comfortably for them.

Anyways, I've included the button config exported from the XIM4 manager app on my iPhone. Perhaps someone could take a look at it and tell me if there's a potential problem or offer some suggestions? Here it is :

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Buttons] START PASTE >>>
X4BT:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwQAFhCEAgQAhhBGMQYQFAEGEgYQJjEKABAAAAAAAAAAAAAEABQAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=:X4BT
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

( If some of the button mappings look strange, as in deviating from the common FPS/shooter config one would find with a usual mouse and keyboard user, it's because my "mouse" and "keyboard" are actually a Panther XL USB ver.4   :)  : http://assassin3d.squarespace.com/ )

Regards,

jdb2
« Last Edit: 11:42 AM - 06/06/16 by jdb2 »

Offline jdb2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:52 PM - 06/09/16 »
Well, I tried my new config on my XIM4 with Borderlands 2 for the Xbox 360 and it has a few problems. First, since the controller button, trigger, and stick bindings for every config action are hard-coded for that particular game config, and since in the XIM4 Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 config, the right trigger is hard-coded to ADS, it means that my secondary button binding for ADS, which is bound to my left mouse button, causes Borderlands 2 to ADS every time I'm not gunzerking and I'm firing a weapon from the hip. Also, I couldn't find a way to delete the ADS section, but I did disable its activation button binding so that it's effectively disabled/deleted . The problem of ADSing everytime I fire from the hip is a PITA, but, it has the fortuitous property of letting me "auto-quick-scope" ie. better aiming and more critical hits.

Anyway, if someone could suggest how to get rid of the ADSing with hip fire glitch, then I'd be appreciative.

jdb2

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:56 PM - 06/09/16 »
Go to the ADS setting page and remove the name of the setting. The page should now be removed.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline jdb2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:28 PM - 06/09/16 »
Go to the ADS setting page and remove the name of the setting. The page should now be removed.

Thanks for the tip  :)

Unfortunately, I deleted the ADS section of my config but the problem I described still persists -- it's due to ADS being hard-coded to the right trigger on the Xbox 360 controller in the Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 XIM4 config. I could unbind my ADS primary and secondary button bindings, but then not only would I be unable to gunzerk akimbo, but I'd be unable to ADS at all.

jdb2

Offline jdb2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:05 PM - 06/09/16 »
Well, thanks to the suggestions mentioned in this thread, I think I have the problems worked out of my profile. I deleted the ADS section from the profile, added a gunzerking section triggered by my gunzerk ability button binding and mapped both ADS and Fire to the left mouse button in the gunzerking section. I then set the activation button for my Hip section to be the key I use to ADS on Panther Xl. USB ver.4

I'll have to test it out later this week.

jdb2