XIM Community

PC Build - Should I go cheap or should I lose my mind?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
My potato desktop is going on 11 years now and although I do have a laptop from work I need a new desktop PC for my personal use. I'm currently playing on console but I want a PC that at least can handle something like an EL Gato HD60 Pro or similar, to capture and stream [email protected] and play some games like LoL (for now, so I can play with my "lady friend").

I think I'll be playing mostly on consoles, for at least the end of this generation and the desktop PC would be mostly for game capture and streaming, but I also want to have a proper [email protected] machine.

Should I build a "budget" PC? Should I build a #masterrace?

I'm personally more inclined to go to the budget option, because in the long run that PC could be a stream machine only and I could build later on a proper gaming rig, but I'm not even sure what socket family I should go with. I was inclined on the Intel 2011-v3, but a motherboard alone os around 400...

*Edit*

You can see my internet speeds on my signature and from what I've read 8 MBits/s upload would be more than enough to stream [email protected] but I'm changing my contract to a 200/100 MBits/s contract.

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PC Build - Should I go cheap or should I lose my mind?
« Reply #1 on: 09:30 AM - 06/09/16 »
well i cannot help you to decide on how much you want to spend but here is a pretty helpfull post to make up your mind, especially how much money to spend and what to pick for a budget buy :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222740
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:48 AM - 06/09/16 »
What do you want to spend?
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:02 PM - 06/09/16 »
Do both with an Intel Skull Canyon Nuc -
http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/17/intel-skull-canyon-nuc-core-i7/

Pair with with a Razer Core and a GTX 1070 when it comes time to beef up the graphics.

Admittedly, not the cheapest route, but at least it provides an upgrade path in a small form factor.

« Last Edit: 04:43 PM - 06/09/16 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:57 PM - 06/10/16 »
this was a build i did a few months ago with the hd60 pro capture card, you wont be able to stream 1080p @60fps because of twitch bandwidth restictions. even at [email protected] 3500 is not eough. to stream 1080 @30fps you need about 6k bitrate and @60 fps you need 13k. 720p @60 fps on 3500 bitrate is the max you can do for bitrate and itll look good and smooth

https://www.twitch.tv/viivshadow

thats my twitch channel and my whole pc build is in the info panels

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #5 on: 04:06 AM - 06/14/16 »
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I had a 4 day weekend with a national holiday on Friday and the Lisbon holiday on Monday, so I've been mostly doing some "photosynthesis" around the local beaches...  ;D

I've seen some of your budget options and they seem to be some very sound at a very decent price. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
I may go that route for now and try and keep my build at around 600/673$/476 maximum for now. After seeing the new Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 footage and since more than half of my gaming buddies are on PS4 I'll just keep it simple. Play on console and record my gameplay on a budget PC. Also, with the release of the new GTX1080 and AMD "budget VR" graphics card (and I think there's a rumour of a new socket for AMD) and the whole "XBOX Play Anywhere", not to mention the release of the new consoles, I really curious to see how the gaming landscape will look like in a year so I think it's better to save some money and wait.

Has for the PC build itself I'm going to focus more, at least initially on processing power, meaning the main focus is motherboard, processor and memory. Graphics card can wait a month or two and hard drives are incremental, so I don't need to worry about buying all my storage all at once. Also I have an Asus VX279H, which is a [email protected] monitor so I don't need to go crazy on a graphics card for now.

this was a build i did a few months ago with the hd60 pro capture card, you wont be able to stream 1080p @60fps because of twitch bandwidth restictions. even at [email protected] 3500 is not eough. to stream 1080 @30fps you need about 6k bitrate and @60 fps you need 13k. 720p @60 fps on 3500 bitrate is the max you can do for bitrate and itll look good and smooth

https://www.twitch.tv/viivshadow

thats my twitch channel and my whole pc build is in the info panels

I've seen your build. You have a really nice rig and overall set up. Your PC build I basically what I had in mind and we have just about the same headphone configuration and mouse... Someone's been taking advices on XIM forums...  ;D Also, I didn't know about bitrate restrictions on Twitch so thanks for that.

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Admin