XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 354532 times)

Offline TechMoogle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rhydol
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1560 on: 07:53 PM - 01/12/18 »
I feel it as well since the patch on PS4.

My accuracy with Mccree/Soldier/Tracer or Widowmaker has declined from 40-50% to 20-25% and I just can't hit ppl anymore.

Something is fishy

I play on PS4 as well. My aim hasn't really suffered; but the game definitely seems to be performing worse. I did find out that there was a big change to how aerial movement works in Overwatch in the latest patch, which explains the problems I was having with Lucio. I don't like the changes, but I'm getting used to it. I'm more annoyed than anything that these changes weren't included in the patch notes.

Offline Gianpypat

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 01:40 AM - 01/13/18 »
Hello. I am main soldier and tracer. I tried a lot of settings but I can not find the perfect one. With tracer I feel great with the ST control Crossover and linear ramp but very bad with  soldier. On the contrary, if I try the exponential, I feel good with the soldier and badly with tracer. I'd rather use the expo. What settings do you recommend for playing tracer and soldier well with the expo? For now I have used the AssaultRifleMasta settings(400 dpi, 150hip, 70 aim Window size, 0aim ease.
 you can find him on YouTube, he is in top 10,) But with the soldier I find myself @#$% slow while with tracer goes fairly well even if I do not arrive at the precision of the linear ramp. Should I try to activate the aim ease?

do you use 30 aim smoothing as well on this setup for widow ?

No, i dont plat widow. Only soldier and tracer and dva. But with dva i dont have problems, with soldier is impossible to track with Linear and with tracer i have a low precision with expo

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #1562 on: 09:32 AM - 01/13/18 »
Since this last patch, i dropped my sensitivity by about 25%. It seemed better after I did

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 02:49 PM - 01/13/18 »
I have been top 500 every season. Top 20 peak, I think rank 16 was the highest I've gotten in NA servers.

I use the official OW ST, exponential ramp, no curve, no steady aim, with 40 HIP, and 1600 DPI. I use to use 3200 DPI, but one day I tried out 1600 DPI and it felt amazing. I use max aim assist, with a 45 aim assist window.

I have also used linear with console crossover which was decent. I used one of Hoodlum's curves, steady aim ON, 55 HIP, 25 aim assist window, at 1600 DPI. It was really good with Tracer and Widow. Other heros not so much, especially Soldier and McCree. I went back to expo because of this.

All heroes feel amazing on my expo settings except Widow at the moment. My Widow is pretty good, but it was definitely better on Linear. If you plan on primarily playing Widow I'd suggest trying out Linear, if not you should use expo.

I play controller & mouse hybrid, with a Zowie EC1-A and a scuf. My friend who was in top 10-15 past two seasons also uses controller & mouse, it's not as weird as you might think lol.

Online mattyb98

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: 05:34 PM - 01/13/18 »
I have been top 500 every season. Top 20 peak, I think rank 16 was the highest I've gotten in NA servers.

I use the official OW ST, exponential ramp, no curve, no steady aim, with 40 HIP, and 1600 DPI. I use to use 3200 DPI, but one day I tried out 1600 DPI and it felt amazing. I use max aim assist, with a 45 aim assist window.

I have also used linear with console crossover which was decent. I used one of Hoodlum's curves, steady aim ON, 55 HIP, 25 aim assist window, at 1600 DPI. It was really good with Tracer and Widow. Other heros not so much, especially Soldier and McCree. I went back to expo because of this.

All heroes feel amazing on my expo settings except Widow at the moment. My Widow is pretty good, but it was definitely better on Linear. If you plan on primarily playing Widow I'd suggest trying out Linear, if not you should use expo.

I play controller & mouse hybrid, with a Zowie EC1-A and a scuf. My friend who was in top 10-15 past two seasons also uses controller & mouse, it's not as weird as you might think lol.
Thanks for sharing m8 i would say for widow and only widow try an aim assist window of 80-100 it just feela better on expo

Offline in_and_out

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: assaissn
« Reply #1565 on: 05:37 PM - 01/13/18 »

i have been playing a lot of widow lately since the new update cant hit anything. cant even hit orisa head shots anymore but ana has become god tier with 75% to 80% accuracy. i might look at linear again for widow any chance you can post Hoodlum's curves iv been searching the forums and cant find anything

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 02:41 AM - 01/14/18 »

i have been playing a lot of widow lately since the new update cant hit anything. cant even hit orisa head shots anymore but ana has become god tier with 75% to 80% accuracy. i might look at linear again for widow any chance you can post Hoodlum's curves iv been searching the forums and cant find anything

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ESpDXHV9hY2VnZ2dnZ2enp6enp6f:X4MB

Offline NeSchkOo

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 06:22 AM - 01/14/18 »

Are you playing with a hard or soft pad?
Which mouse?
Thx dude

Offline in_and_out

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: assaissn
« Reply #1568 on: 02:30 PM - 01/14/18 »

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ESpDXHV9hY2VnZ2dnZ2enp6enp6f:X4MB

thanks bud

Offline Rockyruption

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rockyruption
« Reply #1569 on: 06:54 PM - 01/14/18 »
Hi guys - I have a question about DPI. Currently I play Overwatch using a G502 mouse, set at 12K DPI. I was always of the understanding that your mouse DPI should be set to max, and your XIM sensitivity set to whatever is comfortable, however, I'm seeing more and more posts where people are intentionally using lower DPI, like 3200 or 1600.

My question is simply, does DPI matter? I'm seeing posts where people claim that DPI can impact the level of AA you get in-game. Is this really a thing?

Many thanks for the advice.

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: 03:04 AM - 01/15/18 »
Hi guys - I have a question about DPI. Currently I play Overwatch using a G502 mouse, set at 12K DPI. I was always of the understanding that your mouse DPI should be set to max, and your XIM sensitivity set to whatever is comfortable, however, I'm seeing more and more posts where people are intentionally using lower DPI, like 3200 or 1600.

My question is simply, does DPI matter? I'm seeing posts where people claim that DPI can impact the level of AA you get in-game. Is this really a thing?

Many thanks for the advice.

I don't think so, what I've noticed so far is that any DPI below 400 cause some skipping when tracking, IMO the smoother better! I play with 2500 and right now 24 hip sens for tracer.

practice makes perfect, is all that i can say here plays whatever feels right for you, I've seen people playing with 34 hip sens on my mouse and doing really great.

Be sure to warm before comp. Right now I'm at 3300 and going for masters soon.

Offline NintendoSwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 02:03 PM - 01/15/18 »

Are you playing with a hard or soft pad?
Which mouse?
Thx dude

I use a SteelSeries QcK XXL, it's a soft pad. My mouse is a Zowie EC1-A.

Offline Skrrskrrt

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: 02:18 PM - 01/15/18 »
Any tracer settings? G502 and just got the xim

Getting really unlucky.. just got the XIM4 and Iíve already lost my first 3 games.. just need some good settings for both ow and xim
« Last Edit: 02:29 PM - 01/15/18 by Skrrskrrt »

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: 01:12 AM - 01/19/18 »
Blizzard is evidently not done with giving KB/M users a hard time

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760956903?page=2#post-25

Not sure what "solution" they will come up with, seeing as the aiming in this game is already super aids compared to other shooters like COD or BF.

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AKs0n-
« Reply #1574 on: 06:43 AM - 01/19/18 »
Blizzard is evidently not done with giving KB/M users a hard time

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760956903?page=2#post-25

Not sure what "solution" they will come up with, seeing as the aiming in this game is already super aids compared to other shooters like COD or BF.
GL everyone. I dont know about the rest of yall but I am done w/ OW if XIM4 is somehow deleted from game. It's not a game designed to use controller fcs....
Either support M+KB or dont but demanding players use Controllers is extreme nonsense
« Last Edit: 06:49 AM - 01/19/18 by AKs0n- »