XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 363048 times)

Offline Zuwaxhe

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1545 on: 03:21 PM - 01/01/18 »
Some people say 12000 dpi is best and others say low dpi is better. Use your own judgement i guesa

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DancingCalamity
« Reply #1546 on: 08:53 AM - 01/03/18 »
I think DPI and XIM sense are a subjective choice ( I use 4k DPI and 13-18 HIP sense depending on hero). But I am finding good success with some in game alterations I have made for McCree. Try 30-40 AAW / 20 Aim Smoothing and 40 Aim Ease In.

For the most part it allows me to lock my head shots in with less resistance. While not quite the best its ever felt, further tinkering may yield improved results.

Offline Benjamin720

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 04:03 AM - 01/06/18 »
Picked up ow on pc during a half off sale and Ive been trying to mimic it on xim. Best Ive found was 1600 dpi 33 hip with steady aim checked ( felt close to 1600 2.75). Everything at the recommended settings (xim game guide) with aim assist strength obviously at 0. Tinkered a bit with aim assist on 100 and AAW at 0 which was great for hit scans close and medium range but sucked for long range engagements. Also mouse polling rate at 500. Feels maybe like 80% relatable to pc. Idk, might just be me. It also varies from mice. Using g pro.

Offline Gianpypat

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 03:57 AM - 01/08/18 »
Hello. I am main soldier and tracer. I tried a lot of settings but I can not find the perfect one. With tracer I feel great with the ST control Crossover and linear ramp but very bad with  soldier. On the contrary, if I try the exponential, I feel good with the soldier and badly with tracer. I'd rather use the expo. What settings do you recommend for playing tracer and soldier well with the expo? For now I have used the AssaultRifleMasta settings(400 dpi, 150hip, 70 aim Window size, 0aim ease.
 you can find him on YouTube, he is in top 10,) But with the soldier I find myself @#$% slow while with tracer goes fairly well even if I do not arrive at the precision of the linear ramp. Should I try to activate the aim ease?

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 05:38 AM - 01/08/18 »
Okay, here we go guys
So I far I've tested many configs available on youtube and xim community, and wan't to provide a guide to find the settings you need.

First, do not copy hip sens from other ppl, as welll DPI.
the reason for this is simple, this settings are not the same to everyone cuz everyone is different.

to find the right sens and dpi for you I recommend this:

Pick a DPI (really from 400 to whatever you feel its right)

go to  training camp and
REMOVE the Aim Assist for now, the big problem I see with ppl here is that they expect the AA to aim for them, COME ON! it will eventually, but  you need to do your part.
the main reason to turn it off on this step is to avoid the AA to get into your way while you found a perfect sens.
now, drag your mouse from left to right (or right to left, your call) using the whole mousepad and adjust your hip till you hit a 360 using your mousepad.
CAREFUL: do not drag too fast or you will hit the turn limit and the result won't be accurate, you will have to learn how to turn fast with this, it's different from PC and requires some practice (xim will notify you by default with a blinking red light).

the results may be very different at this stage considering DPI, Mice and Mousepad size.

I will use my setup as example:
2500 DPI
Corsair MM300 Medium size (36 x 30 cm)

so, this put me with 360 / 36cm / 2500DPI = 27 hip sens.

now, you move to the fixed training bots and do the basic tracking thing.

strafe left and right from a medium distance (not too far, not too close you know, the first 2 training bots when you leave the room are a good place to do this) while walking try to keep your crosshair into the bot head.

for me at this stage it was too difficult cuz the sens was too high for my taste, so I started to lower it till I hit the perfect tracking for medium range so I went from 27 hip sens to 21,5

when you find your right sens to track the bot head you should start doing this on close range and alternating the distance.

now go to the moving bots and try to track them, (adjust your sens if needed, mine went down to 20,75)  track the bots heads alternating, start moving and tracking.
If you want to play tracer: blink, flick to the bot and track, REPEAT till you get comfortable with it.

now my dear boy, turn the AAS on (set it to 100)  with 0 AAW

do it all again, looks smoother? looks easy?
now try to adjust the AAW till you get your tracking even better and be happy.

Doing this I was able to improve my Tracer and Soldier skills, what eventually took my wife's account from the 2500 elo hell to 3100 in one day. and I really think that 3100 is easy to climb, and I expect to hit Masters in the next weekend and GM later on the Season.

Listen guys, getting a XIM won't take you right up to the GM.
You need gamesense, positioning, aim and a few more skills to climb.
When you learn it you will start performing well on your matches even when you lose, eventually your WIN RATE will increase and you will be able to high impact the game for your team, and eventually CARRY them alone.
when it happen you will start climbing fast.

and just a hint here:
if you don't know what is the curve, how it works, what it does, how to adjust it.
DON'T USE IT, it's called advanced option for a reason.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #1550 on: 08:04 AM - 01/08/18 »
Very nice guide would be usefull for new users maybe make a new thread specifically for first time xim4 overwatch users. I know that i would have appriciated something simple yet usefull like this in the early days. Also have you had previous previous spells in higher ranks like master and gm? If not i wouldnt expect it to be as easy as you think to get to gm low diamonds and below seem to honestly be headless chickens with poor game knowlege or just awfull mechanics but some of the higher sr diamonds are decent and above that players tend to be generally decent platinum is rediculously bad imo now healer mains genuinly dont heal tanks do nothing and dps have no idea how to play the charachters at all honestly have no idea how you could get stuck there.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline dgjr

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: 11:52 AM - 01/08/18 »
Okay, here we go guys
So I far I've tested many configs available on youtube and xim community, and wan't to provide a guide to find the settings you need.

First, do not copy hip sens from other ppl, as welll DPI.
the reason for this is simple, this settings are not the same to everyone cuz everyone is different.

to find the right sens and dpi for you I recommend this:

Pick a DPI (really from 400 to whatever you feel its right)

go to  training camp and
REMOVE the Aim Assist for now, the big problem I see with ppl here is that they expect the AA to aim for them, COME ON! it will eventually, but  you need to do your part.
the main reason to turn it off on this step is to avoid the AA to get into your way while you found a perfect sens.
now, drag your mouse from left to right (or right to left, your call) using the whole mousepad and adjust your hip till you hit a 360 using your mousepad.
CAREFUL: do not drag too fast or you will hit the turn limit and the result won't be accurate, you will have to learn how to turn fast with this, it's different from PC and requires some practice (xim will notify you by default with a blinking red light).

the results may be very different at this stage considering DPI, Mice and Mousepad size.

I will use my setup as example:
2500 DPI
Corsair MM300 Medium size (36 x 30 cm)

so, this put me with 360 / 36cm / 2500DPI = 27 hip sens.

now, you move to the fixed training bots and do the basic tracking thing.

strafe left and right from a medium distance (not too far, not too close you know, the first 2 training bots when you leave the room are a good place to do this) while walking try to keep your crosshair into the bot head.

for me at this stage it was too difficult cuz the sens was too high for my taste, so I started to lower it till I hit the perfect tracking for medium range so I went from 27 hip sens to 21,5

when you find your right sens to track the bot head you should start doing this on close range and alternating the distance.

now go to the moving bots and try to track them, (adjust your sens if needed, mine went down to 20,75)  track the bots heads alternating, start moving and tracking.
If you want to play tracer: blink, flick to the bot and track, REPEAT till you get comfortable with it.

now my dear boy, turn the AAS on (set it to 100)  with 0 AAW

do it all again, looks smoother? looks easy?
now try to adjust the AAW till you get your tracking even better and be happy.

Doing this I was able to improve my Tracer and Soldier skills, what eventually took my wife's account from the 2500 elo hell to 3100 in one day. and I really think that 3100 is easy to climb, and I expect to hit Masters in the next weekend and GM later on the Season.

Listen guys, getting a XIM won't take you right up to the GM.
You need gamesense, positioning, aim and a few more skills to climb.
When you learn it you will start performing well on your matches even when you lose, eventually your WIN RATE will increase and you will be able to high impact the game for your team, and eventually CARRY them alone.
when it happen you will start climbing fast.

and just a hint here:
if you don't know what is the curve, how it works, what it does, how to adjust it.
DON'T USE IT, it's called advanced option for a reason.

Is this done with Exponential Ramp, Linear Ramp or Dual Zone? Thanks in advance ...

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 03:07 AM - 01/09/18 »
Very nice guide would be usefull for new users maybe make a new thread specifically for first time xim4 overwatch users. I know that i would have appriciated something simple yet usefull like this in the early days. Also have you had previous previous spells in higher ranks like master and gm? If not i wouldnt expect it to be as easy as you think to get to gm low diamonds and below seem to honestly be headless chickens with poor game knowlege or just awfull mechanics but some of the higher sr diamonds are decent and above that players tend to be generally decent platinum is rediculously bad imo now healer mains genuinly dont heal tanks do nothing and dps have no idea how to play the charachters at all honestly have no idea how you could get stuck there.

Yes, I've hit around 3800 without xim4 on season 6, then I had a car accident and broke my right hand, so I was not able to play on season 7 cuz It was too painful to move my thumb, so that's why my wife give me the xim :) my hand is way better now but still hurts and I was not playing DPS before :) so that's kind new territory for me.

Is this done with Exponential Ramp, Linear Ramp or Dual Zone? Thanks in advance ...

I don't think you can do this with Dual Zone unless  you create a custom curve to keep it clean.
You can use Linear or Exponential, if you choose Linear you should use the  "crossover st" with the right curve for your platform as described here http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=54887.msg626177#msg626177

it's up to you, IMO Exponential is more consistent but you should give Linear a try.

I'm using my version of CaPER 's curve as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeNy7Y-xEc&t=85s
this curve with SA on feels way better for tracking while walking and jumping.
« Last Edit: 05:43 AM - 01/09/18 by Gjva »

Offline TechMoogle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rhydol
« Reply #1553 on: 10:57 PM - 01/09/18 »
Does the game feel worse to anyone after the update? I attributed it to lag at first, but I rarely experience lag and if I do it's on a match by match basis, while these effects seem to persist throughout every match. Lucio especially feels bad; his aerial movement simply feels janky. I also get a feeling like I'm dropping frames, especially while aiming, and it's throwing me off.

I have to admit the problems are hard to explain but something definitely feels wrong. I just stopped playing a moment ago because I couldn't stand it.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #1554 on: 12:04 AM - 01/10/18 »

Yes, I've hit around 3800 without xim4 on season 6, then I had a car accident and broke my right hand, so I was not able to play on season 7 cuz It was too painful to move my thumb, so that's why my wife give me the xim :) my hand is way better now but still hurts and I was not playing DPS before :) so that's kind new territory for me.

Unlucky man hope you have a good time with your xim and dont have any hand problems. Good luck in comp also.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 04:01 AM - 01/10/18 »
Unlucky man hope you have a good time with your xim and dont have any hand problems. Good luck in comp also.
Thanks bro, the wrist motion still hurts but not like my thumb and I can't play more than 30 minutes in a row but I will get there.

Does the game feel worse to anyone after the update? I attributed it to lag at first, but I rarely experience lag and if I do it's on a match by match basis, while these effects seem to persist throughout every match. Lucio especially feels bad; his aerial movement simply feels janky. I also get a feeling like I'm dropping frames, especially while aiming, and it's throwing me off.

I have to admit the problems are hard to explain but something definitely feels wrong. I just stopped playing a moment ago because I couldn't stand it.

What platform?

Offline Creambyemute

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: creambyemute, ow_widowmaker_ow
« Reply #1556 on: 10:43 AM - 01/11/18 »
I feel it as well since the patch on PS4.

My accuracy with Mccree/Soldier/Tracer or Widowmaker has declined from 40-50% to 20-25% and I just can't hit ppl anymore.

Something is fishy

Offline in_and_out

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: assaissn
« Reply #1557 on: 05:04 PM - 01/11/18 »
Hello. I am main soldier and tracer. I tried a lot of settings but I can not find the perfect one. With tracer I feel great with the ST control Crossover and linear ramp but very bad with  soldier. On the contrary, if I try the exponential, I feel good with the soldier and badly with tracer. I'd rather use the expo. What settings do you recommend for playing tracer and soldier well with the expo? For now I have used the AssaultRifleMasta settings(400 dpi, 150hip, 70 aim Window size, 0aim ease.
 you can find him on YouTube, he is in top 10,) But with the soldier I find myself @#$% slow while with tracer goes fairly well even if I do not arrive at the precision of the linear ramp. Should I try to activate the aim ease?

do you use 30 aim smoothing as well on this setup for widow ?

Offline TechMoogle

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rhydol
« Reply #1558 on: 07:53 PM - 01/12/18 »
I feel it as well since the patch on PS4.

My accuracy with Mccree/Soldier/Tracer or Widowmaker has declined from 40-50% to 20-25% and I just can't hit ppl anymore.

Something is fishy

I play on PS4 as well. My aim hasn't really suffered; but the game definitely seems to be performing worse. I did find out that there was a big change to how aerial movement works in Overwatch in the latest patch, which explains the problems I was having with Lucio. I don't like the changes, but I'm getting used to it. I'm more annoyed than anything that these changes weren't included in the patch notes.

Offline Gianpypat

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: 01:40 AM - 01/13/18 »

do you use 30 aim smoothing as well on this setup for widow ?

No, i dont plat widow. Only soldier and tracer and dva. But with dva i dont have problems, with soldier is impossible to track with Linear and with tracer i have a low precision with expo