XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 422903 times)

Offline spitfireflame

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1320 on: 12:10 AM - 08/31/17 »
hey guys, so i heard they did the hotfix this morning, so does this mean i have to change my settings to the new standard? if so can someone please help me out with a good setup cuz im trying to get to top 500 this season. Season starts in 17 hours :( so please someone hook it up with a sick top 500 setup :D
thanks for the help <3

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 12:31 AM - 08/31/17 »
Because Console isn't PC. I bet the only reason we have a sensetivity cap is so we don't experience any pixel skipping, PC is much more precise. You can play on Console without aim assist but like you've said its needed on Console.

But isn't the sole purpose of aim assist on console is for controllers, not pixel skipping or something like that?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: is the XIM with or without aim assist closer to PC?  Like I said, I went from playing about a month and a half with aim assist turned on, averaging 50% accuracy with tracer, mccree, and soldier.  Then, I realized that PC doesn't have aim assist, and even after practicing for 3 days without it, my accuracy usually doesn't break 30% now. I'm absolutely terrible now lol, I was honestly better with a controller.  I'm just blown away at how hard it is to aim without aim assist and am amazed at how good some PC players are, assuming PC plays similarly to the XIM without aim assist.  I don't want to be using aim assist with the XIM if its the same thing as hacking with aimbot on PC, I just wanted PC-like aim, ya know what I mean?

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #1322 on: 11:28 AM - 08/31/17 »
Because Console isn't PC. I bet the only reason we have a sensetivity cap is so we don't experience any pixel skipping, PC is much more precise. You can play on Console without aim assist but like you've said its needed on Console.

But isn't the sole purpose of aim assist on console is for controllers, not pixel skipping or something like that?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: is the XIM with or without aim assist closer to PC?  Like I said, I went from playing about a month and a half with aim assist turned on, averaging 50% accuracy with tracer, mccree, and soldier.  Then, I realized that PC doesn't have aim assist, and even after practicing for 3 days without it, my accuracy usually doesn't break 30% now. I'm absolutely terrible now lol, I was honestly better with a controller.  I'm just blown away at how hard it is to aim without aim assist and am amazed at how good some PC players are, assuming PC plays similarly to the XIM without aim assist.  I don't want to be using aim assist with the XIM if its the same thing as hacking with aimbot on PC, I just wanted PC-like aim, ya know what I mean?

You'd be surprised at how even though there is not aim assist on PC, it isn't all that hard.
What is hard is trying to use 0 aim assist on console with or without the xim4. It's next to impossible. I couldn't even aim with Zarya without aim assist.

So yes. Aim assist is a necessary component for using xim4. Don't think of it as a easy way out, or a cheat. It's literally unusable without it. Unless you're playing widow maker and you're REALLY accurate with her, you can go 0 aim assist.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 12:49 PM - 08/31/17 »
So yes. Aim assist is a necessary component for using xim4.

Xim4 is supposed to be the best 1:1 PC-like product on the market, and we are repeatedly told how the ST makes everything Linear...  Aim Assist is not supposed to be necessary if we have all this linear 1:1 precision. But do we?  Sounds like people can't hit a barn unless the game stops their aim on target.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 01:11 PM - 08/31/17 »

Xim4 is supposed to be the best 1:1 PC-like product on the market, and we are repeatedly told how the ST makes everything Linear...  Aim Assist is not supposed to be necessary if we have all this linear 1:1 precision. But do we?  Sounds like people can't hit a barn unless the game stops their aim on target.

while its "the best" it still can't make up for overwatch's @#$% aiming system on console in general.

I tried for a long time without aim assist and it feels terrible.  It might be my settings but I know its not 1:1.  I'm not mad as I don't blame the xim for that, its just its impossible to actually get 1:1.

A Big Ol Bully

« Reply #1325 on: 01:18 PM - 08/31/17 »

It's all about what you're used to. For instance watch my video and watch mrkee's videos. I've never used aim assist, and I've never played Overwatch with a controller.

I don't use aim assist on any game because I really think it messes with the game play.

Now looking at mrkee's video he gets the cross hair in-line with the player, waits for the aimassist to set the crosshair on in the middle of the chest and then he flicks up a bit to get the headshot. It looks very nice and smooth on the videos. That's great and that's how he learned to play. If you've never used aim assist on any game, it feels SO bad to let Overwatch take the wheel and just let it aim and all you really need to do is press the trigger at the right time.

Now watch my videos, my crosshairs don't float around so I spend my time lining up the shot to where they're moving and then getting a quick shot and moving on with NO slowdown on my turn speed.

Turn speed is GOLD in this game and I'd never do anything to slow that down even in the slightest.
I haven't peeped Mkree's stats on Overbuff but I'm assuming each hero's accuracy is probably well above the PC counterpart average at his SR. Mine is probably a bit more inline with PC stats, only a little higher because PC gameplay is probably 50% faster than Xbox.

It's all about what you're used to, I could NEVER use aim assist, I'd throw my mouse through my monitor but to each there own.

I know I've said this 100 times but I'd rather miss a few shots and do it right. (as i see it)

A Big Ol Bully

« Reply #1326 on: 02:22 PM - 08/31/17 »
Just want to prove it's possible.
I miss some shots and but it's what I look like on PC and you can make flick shots just fine w/o aim assist. I also have plenty of videos on the Linear thread of me using this setting in game just fine. Learn it or not, that's up to you, but it's possible.

http://www.youtube.com/v/XVTN9eHHHYU

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 03:30 PM - 08/31/17 »
I believe when people post videos to show the quality of settings or a curve, they should post a video of real (preferably competitive play gameplay).

Practice range proves absolutely nothing IMO. It can give you an indication that a curve or settings might work decently but other than that, only real competitive gameplay will test it properly. Training bots are either standing still or follow a very simple pattern and their head hitboxes are 100x the regular size, designed so that they are easier to hit.

Quick play against a bunch of random people who are running around barely paying attention to you is also not the greatest video to prove how good a setting is... just saying.

This is not to put down anyone's video or settings or anything like that, I'm just trying to say that practice range means nothing.

I've tried settings in practice range that feel insanely good and constant sextuple kills without missing shots, but taking that into real competitive play, you feel the complete opposite.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Djinouik

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DeathBringer-57
« Reply #1328 on: 05:59 PM - 08/31/17 »
I tried many times to go without aim assist, especially lately that I found myself to enjoy Ana a ton and except on enemies you don't benefit aim assit. But the thing is the hitbox for heals is already bigger so it works as an aim assist as well. With 0AAW and 100AA My crosshairs never slows unless on target and my movements outside of aim assist are pretty regular. The only downside ? Projectile heroes. It's impossible to be precise with projectiles when you have to aim outside out the 0AAW. Makes your aim goes from slow to fast and in between just becomes a real pain to deal with. And playing With different sens / AAW Is not really an option as I want to build muscle memory.

for me the reasons why aa is needed is : turn limit ( everything past turn limit is inconsistent so no crazy reliable flicks ), expo has 1:1 but For some reason linear still has a better feeling to it if only it was viable, other players have aa ( as much as you want to be precise someone locking into you and placing all his dmg while you want that sick headshot makes it that you deal less dmg In the end ).

So to be the most precise of it all, I think I should go from low sens With 0AAW And 100AA To something like high sens With 50-75 AAW And 80-100 AA. Projectiles would be playable but for instance I really fear for accuracy on Widow/macree. But the best would be without AA.

Ive never been so unsure of my set ups.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 06:37 PM - 08/31/17 »

You'd be surprised at how even though there is not aim assist on PC, it isn't all that hard.
What is hard is trying to use 0 aim assist on console with or without the xim4. It's next to impossible. I couldn't even aim with Zarya without aim assist.

So yes. Aim assist is a necessary component for using xim4. Don't think of it as a easy way out, or a cheat. It's literally unusable without it. Unless you're playing widow maker and you're REALLY accurate with her, you can go 0 aim assist.

That's what I'm saying. I've tried no aim assist on console with XIM and it's impossible. I have a tough time believing that XIM with no aim assist is very similar to PC, even though it's supposed to be. At least that's what I hope, because I don't want to feel like I'm aimbotting with aim assist turned on, especially if I decide to go to PC later and find that I truly can't aim.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #1330 on: 10:36 PM - 08/31/17 »
I think i just played against you is your psn also pigglywiggly
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: renzed19
« Reply #1331 on: 12:43 AM - 09/01/17 »
are you guys still using the SA3 firmware? or just the default latest version? dont know if there would be any difference using this SA3 but I just downloaded and used it ever since i read this is recommended..

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 01:01 AM - 09/01/17 »
I think i just played against you is your psn also pigglywiggly

Haha that's funny, but no, I'm on Xbox and my name on there is not pigglywiggly

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #1333 on: 09:36 PM - 09/01/17 »
Strange haha weird coincidence
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 12:30 PM - 09/03/17 »
Haven't seen this thread for awhile, is there any new "consensus" on what feels best?

I have:

2k DPI w/40 sensitivity, no boost, no curve

I feel my accuracy is pretty terrible though, doesn't feel as smooth as PC (but then again that may be impossible)

Admin