XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 482943 times)

Offline MaNiAcK97

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #405 on: 07:28 AM - 07/29/16 »
is the rml curve and steady aim important for Overwatch? i saw an Pharah Video on Youtube and his settings are Black Ops RML Hip Curve and Steady Aim on.

So you want an opinion of an opinion?  Just go try stuff.  Copying curves and adjusting your sensitivity literally takes a few seconds.  You'll know after a few games if you like it or not.  Myself and others I've met through the forums use no curve and we're all in the mid to high 70's in competitive playing in small groups of 2-3. 

Offline FinallyFamous

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 12:05 PM - 08/04/16 »
I got 60 elimination 19,000 demage 40 final shot in a rank yesterdays with 76, verything seems good,my setting here:
12,000dpi, 1000pull
latest beta vision(steady aim)0624
sensitivity:40
boost:80
steady aim on
curve:
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAoUHigyPEZQWmRobHB0eHyAhIiM:X4MB

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
in game setting:
aim assist 70~80

Might be a dumb question to ask but I main D.Va, Roadhog and Ana. Will this work for them?

Offline TheycallmeDee

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 06:53 PM - 08/04/16 »
im happy you like it

Shout out to henrylibre for the curve. It has worked out quite nicely for me. Good work, dude!
"It feels like my hand is connected directly to the screen."

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #408 on: 07:41 AM - 08/05/16 »
Henrylibre, I am using your curve too and it's bloody awesome mate. I was using no curve with no aim assist, I switched to your curve with 80 aim assist and I am wrecking @#$% even more now, since I've changed I get gold medals on a regular basis in games now ! It's brilliant mate, well done.

I'm using 6400 DPI with 42.5 Sensitivity - I might up my sensitivity soon though just to be able to turn around slightly faster, I don't want to up it too much though because aiming steadily with it is very smooth how I have it.

Thanks Henry ! 

Offline Lejind

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 12:14 PM - 08/05/16 »
Has anyone compared Henry's to humanfemale's curve? - http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=47953.0

Offline AC230010

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AE2100
« Reply #410 on: 04:56 PM - 08/05/16 »
Opinion:

I can't make henry's settings work for me at all. 12kdpi, 40 sensitivity and 80 boost throws my crosshair all over the screen with very little movement on my end. I could see making it work for you on fast-quick turning or close range heroes such as reaper, dva, and tracer.

I use humanfemale setting as I find them pretty smooth for hitscan heroes.

Offline MikeGaum

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 06:33 PM - 08/05/16 »
Opinion:

I can't make henry's settings work for me at all. 12kdpi, 40 sensitivity and 80 boost throws my crosshair all over the screen with very little movement on my end. I could see making it work for you on fast-quick turning or close range heroes such as reaper, dva, and tracer.

I use humanfemale setting as I find them pretty smooth for hitscan heroes.

I have not tried henry's curve but 12k dpi / 40 sen sounds insanely sensitive. Reduce dpi to 6k or sen to 20 and it might work better for you.

As for me, I don't play often so I stopped caring about curves... games runs well enough without any. I'm playing a 8k dpi / 20 sen and adjust AA depending with who I play (varies from 0 to 40).

Not doing great but well enough for someone who plays so rarely.

Offline ipodmclovin

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ipodmclovin
« Reply #412 on: 07:54 AM - 08/06/16 »
I tried no curves for one week and it was fine. I tried Humanfemale's curves for one week and it was very smooth but Henry's works best for me. My two mains are Zenyatta & Genji and the problem I was having was landing my shots at a distance with them. With Herny's I don't have that problem anymore its perfect for me I'm always on fire and wont be changing again. It took me about an hour to change some settings around though because I don't use 12k Dpi.

3600 Dpi
boost: 50
500hz
« Last Edit: 12:19 PM - 08/07/16 by ipodmclovin »

Offline Ashbury_SF

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 03:16 AM - 08/07/16 »
So I tried Henry's curve and like it.  Wasn't using a curve before and was doing well, but had some trouble consistently hitting pharah while playing 76.  Will see if this curve helps.

Two questions:  Do most folks use steady aim?  What exactly does it do in Overwatch?
Another question:  What does Henry's curve do in theory?

Offline Joehanz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Joehanz
« Reply #414 on: 03:36 AM - 08/07/16 »
I got 60 elimination 19,000 demage 40 final shot in a rank yesterdays with 76, verything seems good,my setting here:
12,000dpi, 1000pull
steady aim on
curve:

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
in game setting:
aim assist 70~80

I would really like to try this setup, however i can't find a place to download the latest beta version(steady aim)0624

Could anybody help me out?

Offline TheycallmeDee

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 03:12 PM - 08/07/16 »
So I tried Henry's curve and like it.  Wasn't using a curve before and was doing well, but had some trouble consistently hitting pharah while playing 76.  Will see if this curve helps.

Two questions:  Do most folks use steady aim?  What exactly does it do in Overwatch?
Another question:  What does Henry's curve do in theory?

I use henrys curve but actually dialed back aim assist to like 20 for all characters and it's just amazing for me personally. I can track and smack pharah easily from any angle with the toned down aim assist in conjunction with the curve.
"It feels like my hand is connected directly to the screen."

Offline HypeR

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 05:03 AM - 08/08/16 »
12,000dpi, 1000pull
steady aim on
curve:

<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<
in game setting:
aim assist 70~80

I would really like to try this setup, however i can't find a place to download the latest beta version(steady aim)0624

Could anybody help me out?

http://cloud.xim4.com/Beta

Offline Hoodlums

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 02:30 PM - 08/08/16 »
Henry's curve is working well for me.  If you are having troubles with the sensitivity it may be due to the input lag on your monitor/tv.  I tried using this curve on my TV and had issues with accuracy.  Hooked up my PS4 to my BenQ XL2430T and it works great.  It is still not 100% comparable to PC, but it does work extremely well with Aim Assist set to 70% or higher.  Many other curves seem to hang on to targets with mouse movement, but this curve doesn't seem to have that issue. 

I have also played around with the 46 ballistic curve and have had some success raising the boost level to insane numbers.  i.e. 3750(half of the boost set to default joystick).  Not sure exactly why this high boost setting works, but for some reason I was able to play pretty well with this turned up high.  I like a fast turn rate and even with the boost this high the turn speed light does not trigger on the XIM4.  These were my ranges for testing.

Curve - 46 curve by humanfemale(i believe i had to lower this with new firmware beta)
12k dpi
1000hz polling
Sens - 25-40HIP (played around in this range while changing the boost level)
boost - 1875-3750(25%-50% default joystick boost setting)  did try at 7500 but was very jittery
yxratio - 1.0

I was just playing around with a bunch of settings trying to see the effect of each.  I am not entirely sure that i don't lose some range of movement using this high of a boost.  If anyone can try to explain this to me or play around with these settings and let me know that would be great!.  Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 07:02 PM - 08/08/16 »
tried Henrys curve too and i like it, makes longer/faster mouse movements more predictable since the timed acceleration is toned down by it
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Nachtklinge

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nachtklinge
« Reply #419 on: 01:28 AM - 08/09/16 »
tried Henrys curve too and i like it, makes longer/faster mouse movements more predictable since the timed acceleration is toned down by it

and whats your settings right now? I play with your settings from youtube, and this works fine. But now, i think you have better settings.